Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Thanks for the link to the article, TurtlePower! What a load of crap - the article says someone posted "an ignorant comment" about her constantly wearing her sports bra and Twit "responded politely"???? Please, when has she ever been polite!

That should have said an INNOCENT person commented and Twit jumped all over it and made it about "fat-shaming". I don't find it ignorant for someone to question why she has to run around in just her bra all the time! 

As far as all these things that "keep her from losing weight"...nothing keeps you from losing weight if you're determined enough. And like you say, at her size, she could probably cut out JUST THE HIGH CALORIE DRINKS - go for a short walk every day - and lose weight. A short walk, hauling all that weight around, would burn way more calories than it would for a thin person.

Getting that last 10 lbs off is tough...getting the first 10 lbs off is much easier! Look how much the "600 lb Life" people lose in one month, just by complying with the Dr. Now's rules on food...many of them aren't even able to exercise at all at first, but they drop up to 50 lbs a month if they are truly sticking to the diet.

• Love 8

Thanks for posting that People Now article, @TurtlePower. Boy, whoever it is at that mag that keeps profiling Twit is as full of shit as she is, as @Sasha888 points out above. And maybe those of you who think Jessica "trains" Twit for the publicity, not for a fee, are right.

I found one Twit quote especially interesting: "[We] are responsible for living our lives no matter what other people think. I hate to see people waste their time, because I feel like I wasted a lot of mine.”

Well, Twit honey, you are still wasting time. I truly believe this 34-year-old woman thinks she has plenty of time to lose the weight. After all, she lost 100 #s once -- easy peasy to do it again when she wants to. In the meantime, why not enjoy all the Starbucks beverages & ice cream & Cheetos she wants?

An honest answer as to why she is now in the gym is that she saw the HI episode & was horrified. Her 8K walk was bad enuf. But how could she bear to see that segment of herself waddling down the beach, arms outstretched, shrieking "Boo Bear" over & over again? Or sitting Winnie the Pooh style on the beach & no doubt needing help arising? I'll give her this: she had the sense to get to the gym after HI. (And, possibly, a nudge from the MBFFL producers who may have told her she was now too fat to be fabulous.) Now, what will it take to get her to take hold of her food addiction? Not diabetes, apparently. So, broken leg? Heart attack? Some other drastic health problem? It would make so much more sense to do it now rather than than keep thinking she has all the time in the world.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Dot said:

An honest answer as to why she is now in the gym is that she saw the HI episode & was horrified. Her 8K walk was bad enuf. But how could she bear to see that segment of herself waddling down the beach, arms outstretched, shrieking "Boo Bear" over & over again? Or sitting Winnie the Pooh style on the beach & no doubt needing help arising? I'll give her this: she had the sense to get to the gym after HI. (And, possibly, a nudge from the MBFFL producers who may have told her she was now too fat to be fabulous.) Now, what will it take to get her to take hold of her food addiction? Not diabetes, apparently. So, broken leg? Heart attack? Some other drastic health problem? It would make so much more sense to do it now rather than than keep thinking she has all the time in the world.

I hope you're right, because the HI episode was truly horrific, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Nothing else has ever been a wake up call for her. On that same HI trip, she was braying like a donkey about how hilarious she thought it was to make Todd put her chub rub cream on. 

Having your friend, who is totally grossed out, put cream on your nether regions, because you can no longer reach it with your stick. And laughing your ass off because you think it's funny and you're adorable. Ugh.

I agree with you, it's obviously going to take something more for her to realize and do something about her food addiction. But how much more? She'll probably justify anything that happens with her "this could've happened to a thin person, too" mentality. 

She's somehow made herself believe that needing Mommy to shave her legs, not being able to put on and tie her own shoes, needing a stick to reach portions of her body she couldn't otherwise reach, are all normal. Seeing that kind of denial makes me wonder what will ever wake her up.

• Love 9

Whitney is asking on instagram if she started an online group with workouts who would join?  

If this is a a real thing may be a good way to keep her motivated, but follow through isn’t her strong point.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think the dog belongs to the trainer guy or did she say she bought one?

The caption said ‘does this mean I’m a dog person now’ so I assumed it was hers. Why would the trainer guy having a dog have anything to do with her?  Oh wait......

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think the dog belongs to the trainer guy or did she say she bought one?

Yeah, that's Darla, star of the TG live-feed. Much of the 90 minutes was spent with her vigorously licking Ryan's lips, teeth & tongue.

• Love 2

I guess we know now why Twit's been plugging Ryan's on-line exercise group -- she sees it as a way to make a buck without having to put much effort into it. (Altho one fan did say she'd only be interested if the group was free. Ryan charges $77-97 a month.)

A fan, who is possibly one of the BGDC members, asked if Greensboro folk could join, too. Twit said yes, but that she was also planning some "in-person" stuff she would be announcing soon.

BTW, I think her silhouette above is attractive, mostly because she's in a tank top rather than a sports bra with gut showing.

Edited by Dot
typo
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

And why is she in the middle of the fucking road?!

I was just thinking the same thing!!!

ETA - I do think the tank top rather than a bra makes her look better in that photo. But I also think she edited it. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

And why is she in the middle of the fucking road?!

Thank God someone finally said it! :-) That was the first thing I noticed about the picture! Way to block traffic, Twit. I guess cars can wait til she lumbers off to the side...

• Love 4

OK, I must confess I posted to an internet group for the same cruise on which the NOBS'ers were sailing. Not mentioning her by name I said there was a reality show personality on board with a group and I wondered if they were disruptive to fellow passengers. I didn't get much response but here's what I have:

One person was with a friend who was a huge fan but not part of the group and she asked someone if she could join any activities. She was told that she could IF she made a new booking. That would have been extremely expensive since it would have entailed not only paying the higher price for Twit's cruise but cancelling an existing booking after final payment which means losing that entire fare.

Someone stayed at the same precruise hotel and said they were extremely friendly. (Not sure who "they" is though. It could have been some on the periphery such as the super fans from N.J. )

Others saw members of the group at the buffet. They could identify them because they were wearing their body positivity t-shirts.

The one that pertains to this conversation is that a guy asked if she was the one who went around all the time with a short shirt that exposed her keg (e.g. not a six pack).  Then added that he had a keg as well so he wasn't throwing shade.

• Love 4

So Whitney has a new instagram profile story up - apparently she and Tal were going somewhere by plane early this morning, but when they checked in, he was on the flight and she wasn't. No information as to how that might have happened; the insta story ends (for now, at least) with Whitney photographing her luggage and Tal worrying about having to leave without her, because his bag was checked in, so he has to be on the flight. (At least in my experience - TSA won't let you intentionally* fly on a different plane than the one that's carrying your luggage.)  No information on where they are going. Whitney is alternating between telling him she'll meet him wherever it is, and telling him she's going to leave him to his own devices and go home to bed. OMG, what a cliffhanger!!!

Old Joke: Man walks up to an airline counter and tells the agent he is checking in for the four o'clock flight to New York. "Are you checking any bags, sir?" asks the agent. "Yes," says the man, "Three bags. I'd like the large one to go to London, the medium one to go to Buenos Aires and the small one to go to Portland, Oregon." The agent looks surprised and says, "I'm sorry sir, we can't send your luggage to those places!'' "Of course you can," says the man, "You did it the last time I flew to New York, and I didn't even have to ask!"

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

One person was with a friend who was a huge fan but not part of the group and she asked someone if she could join any activities. She was told that she could IF she made a new booking. That would have been extremely expensive since it would have entailed not only paying the higher price for Twit's cruise but cancelling an existing booking after final payment which means losing that entire fare.

Awesome sleuthing! 

Well isn't Twit sweet...sure you can be part of our group! If you PAY, and I get something out of it! What an ass wipe. (I'm not implying she can actually wipe her own ass, just that she IS one.)

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

So Whitney has a new instagram profile story up - apparently she and Tal were going somewhere by plane early this morning, but when they checked in, he was on the flight and she wasn't. No information as to how that might have happened; the insta story ends (for now, at least) with Whitney photographing her luggage and Tal worrying about having to leave without her, because his bag was checked in, so he has to be on the flight. (At least in my experience - TSA won't let you intentionally* fly on a different plane than the one that's carrying your luggage.)  No information on where they are going. Whitney is alternating between telling him she'll meet him wherever it is, and telling him she's going to leave him to his own devices and go home to bed. OMG, what a cliffhanger!!!

Such a weird exchange. Did you catch what Tal said about the Philippines at the end? I sounds like he said he isn’t going to the Philippines but I don’t get the joke. 

1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Awesome sleuthing! 

Well isn't Twit sweet...sure you can be part of our group! If you PAY, and I get something out of it! What an ass wipe. (I'm not implying she can actually wipe her own ass, just that she IS one.)

I can't exactly fault her for that. I don't know of any situation where the celebrity sponsor allows people who didn't sign up and pay for the special activities to join in for free. The word would get out quickly, and if I had paid good money for exclusive events and access to the sponsor, I'd be pretty angry that random others were allowed to join in without paying,  just because they happened to be on board the same ship and asked politely.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Dot said:

I guess we know now why Twit's been plugging Ryan's on-line exercise group -- she sees it as a way to make a buck without having to put much effort into it. (Altho one fan did say she'd only be interested if the group was free. Ryan charges $77-97 a month.)

A fan, who is possibly one of the BGDC members, asked if Greensboro folk could join, too. Twit said yes, but that she was also planning some "in-person" stuff she would be announcing soon.

BTW, I think her silhouette above is attractive, mostly because she's in a tank top rather than a sports bra with gut showing.

Agree! She would look so much better all the time if she dressed her body in quasi flattering clothing. It's not fat shaming to think that fat is unattractive. It would be fat shaming if I said that to her face.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Such a weird exchange. Did you catch what Tal said about the Philippines at the end? I sounds like he said he isn’t going to the Philippines but I don’t get the joke. 

Ok I know it’s weird to quote myself but it looks like he might have said he IS going to the Phillippines.  On his own Instagram he says he’s ready for 24 hours of traveling. That implies a very long flight. So if that is true and Whitney was going with him, that begs the question, how do you plan to go to the other side of the world and not make sure you have a ticket?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Ok I know it’s weird to quote myself but it looks like he might have said he IS going to the Phillippines.  On his own Instagram he says he’s ready for 24 hours of traveling. That implies a very long flight. So if that is true and Whitney was going with him, that begs the question, how do you plan to go to the other side of the world and not make sure you have a ticket?  

It also begs the Q: why is Tal accompanying her? He sure takes a lot of time off for someone who claims full-time work at 2 jobs besides MBFFL.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Dot said:

It also begs the Q: why is Tal accompanying her? He sure takes a lot of time off for someone who claims full-time work at 2 jobs besides MBFFL.

Also an excellent question. Is there any chance she is accompanying Tal? Honestly I can't fathom why either of them would be going to the Philippines. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Also an excellent question. Is there any chance she is accompanying Tal? Honestly I can't fathom why either of them would be going to the Philippines. 

According to Tal's FB page, they are headed for South Korea (the PI is a normal stopover for trips to Asia). And it's "vacay part 3 for 2018" according to his post. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

According to Tal's FB page, they are headed for South Korea (the PI is a normal stopover for trips to Asia). And it's "vacay part 3 for 2018" according to his post. 

Good grief - life must be rough. So we are back to Dot's question - how does someone who supposedly has 2 jobs besides MBFFL take this much vacation? I want to add, how do they afford it? I realize they didn't pay for the cruise but shooting for MBFFL is over for the season so TLC isn't picking up the tab for a trip to South Korea, which costs a LOT!! 

And I am now back to my original question as well, how do you plan a trip to the other side of the world and not make sure you have a ticket?????

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

This explains Twit's comment a couple of months ago that she was returning to Korea soon.

So, where's Donna?

Edited by Dot
typo
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

So I just checked his FB page (yes I need a life) and apparently it’s the other way around. He says he’s spending a week in Manila and the stop in South Korea is the layover. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So I just checked his FB page (yes I need a life) and apparently it’s the other way around. He says he’s spending a week in Manila and the stop in South Korea is the layover. 

I did the same thing. Tal has 2 posts about his "3rd 2018 vacay." One is a map showing a flight from Atlanta to Seoul which he labels "Flight 2 of 3." The other post talks about being in the Philippines & a fan who is also going there asks where & when. Tal replies, "Manila for the week."

This does sound more & more like a TLC promotional tour which would explain why they can afford it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if she was turned away because she didn’t buy two (or three) seats. 

Now you know if that's what the problem was, she would have been shrieking "fat shaming" and "illegal discrimination" to the rafters of the terminal, not making cutesy videos. And we'd all know which airline the Evil One was and she'd be posting non-stop to Facebook, not to an insta video where comments don't show publicly.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Now you know if that's what the problem was, she would have been shrieking "fat shaming" and "illegal discrimination" to the rafters of the terminal, not making cutesy videos. And we'd all know which airline the Evil One was and she'd be posting non-stop to Facebook, not to an insta video where comments don't show publicly.

Yeah & Twit probably checked in with "Natalie Means Nice" to ensure she didn't neglect every fat-shaming claim she could possibly make.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Maybe she forgot her ID, figuring everybody knows her.... 

I might believe it, if the problem was just the flight to Atlanta. But even Whit's ego isn't big enough for her to believe she didn't need documentation to fly to South Korea and the Philippines! My guesses - she thought she booked the same flight as Tal, but she actually booked a different one. Or she booked the right flight, but the wrong week. Or she booked the right day, but the wrong airline. Or she was making up the whole thing as a joke on her instagram followers.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I might believe it, if the problem was just the flight to Atlanta. But even Whit's ego isn't big enough for her to believe she didn't need documentation to fly to South Korea and the Philippines! My guesses - she thought she booked the same flight as Tal, but she actually booked a different one. Or she booked the right flight, but the wrong week. Or she booked the right day, but the wrong airline. Or she was making up the whole thing as a joke on her instagram followers.

Yes to all of this and it kind of makes me doubt that it’s a promotional trip. TLC would know how to book flights, hotels, transportion, etc. Its just bizarre. If it is a promotional trip I guess it’s possible Whitney didn’t realize she and Tal were on different flights but it seems weird they wouldn’t be on the same itinerary.  

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

. . . it kind of makes me doubt that it’s a promotional trip. TLC would know how to book flights, hotels, transportion, etc.

Good point. I wonder, tho, if Twit would pay Tal's way while TLC was paying hers. That could explain the confusion over booking the correct flight.

Yeah, I know the air fare would be pretty stiff, but they could share a hotel room & Tal could be Twit's "plus one" at events.

Just spit-balling here. But TLC has sent Twit on some pretty far-off places, such as Russia.

• Love 1

Well, Korea is definitely just a layover.

I'm thinking all that video about Twit missing the flight was just a load of crap. Else, how did she catch up with Tal so quickly?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Dot said:

I did the same thing. Tal has 2 posts about his "3rd 2018 vacay." One is a map showing a flight from Atlanta to Seoul which he labels "Flight 2 of 3." The other post talks about being in the Philippines & a fan who is also going there asks where & when. Tal replies, "Manila for the week."

This does sound more & more like a TLC promotional tour which would explain why they can afford it.

No one goes to Manila for vacation.  Other places in the Philippines are wonderful but Manila is just kind of a depressing mega city that tourists just stop in on the way somewhere else.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dot said:

Well, Korea is definitely just a layover.

I'm thinking all that video about Twit missing the flight was just a load of crap. Else, how did she catch up with Tal so quickly?

Yep it was crap. There was probably something off. Maybe she was on a different flight to Atlanta or she forgot her passport so that video is her waiting for her Dad to come in the wee hours of the morning to bring it to her. There would most likely be multiple flights to Atlanta to catch her flight to S Korea. 

• Love 2

Hey, did you know that Whitney was wearing the wrong sized bra until 10 years ago, when she learned about Cacique bras and her whole life changed!? Yes, she is posting a TV ad for Cacique on her instagram, apparently from what looks like a fairly fancy hotel in Manila, Shangra-La at the Fort.  I have two reactions -- what we've been seeing on Whitney is her idea of correctly fitted bras? Uhhhh no.  And who spends their vacation time shilling for their underwear provider?  Oh, and a third reaction - the comments in response are so bizarre, especially a comment that the bras are too expensive and only last a month. I have never heard of a bra that only "lasted" a month. Is it being worn every single day and night? *puzzled*

• Love 7
7 hours ago, minamreeka said:

No one goes to Manila for vacation.  Other places in the Philippines are wonderful but Manila is just kind of a depressing mega city that tourists just stop in on the way somewhere else.

But it's where TV stations would be located, right? So if it's a TLC promo, that's where it would be.

BTW: the deleted photo is a poorly lit selfie of Tal grinning madly & Twit looking glum & exhausted. The caption indicated it was taken in the Seoul airport while awaiting the flight to Manila.

And I've figured out why Poodle Tal is along: with no Donna, he's the new caretaker.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

If her bras are properly fitted, than I am doing something terribly wrong! 

Her whole life changed? That must be one hell of a magical bra!

No kidding.  I bet willing to bet there are very few people wearing bras that fit worse than hers. 

• Love 3

Cacique bras are from Lane Bryant, so they're nothing special.  I bought one many years ago, but I was also 60+ pounds heavier than I am now.  It fit fine, and it was a pretty color, but they're not the holy grail of bras.  If someone is going through one bra a month, they're using it for much more than boob slinging.  

That airport pic of her is just ridiculous.  She looks like a toddler throwing a tantrum after not getting the 145789 thing he demanded.  (My sincere apologies to toddlers who have legit tantrums).   Tal just doesn't look well.  A lot can be attributed to the long flights, but this isn't the first pic where he just looks "off".  I hope it's jetlag and he's not ill.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Hey, did you know that Whitney was wearing the wrong sized bra until 10 years ago, when she learned about Cacique bras and her whole life changed!? Yes, she is posting a TV ad for Cacique on her instagram, apparently from what looks like a fairly fancy hotel in Manila, Shangra-La at the Fort.  I have two reactions -- what we've been seeing on Whitney is her idea of correctly fitted bras? Uhhhh no.  And who spends their vacation time shilling for their underwear provider?  Oh, and a third reaction - the comments in response are so bizarre, especially a comment that the bras are too expensive and only last a month. I have never heard of a bra that only "lasted" a month. Is it being worn every single day and night? *puzzled*

I don’t know if Whitney is shilling or trying to get an endorsement but I guess you spend your vacation promoting underwear when you parade around in it constantly.  I’m very puzzled that these people think these these bras are astronomical in price.  Where are they shopping?  Even more curious is that they last a month.  That means you are probably stuffing yourself into something way too small because even if they are cheap quality they should last more than a month.

• Love 1

Apparently, the box-of-cosmetics ppl didn't get enuf out Twit' lenghty & breathless endorsement videos to keep her on as a spokesperson. Torrid has never gotten hooked her nibbles. So why not try bras? (Maybe she was showing one off on TG.)

• Love 1