Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Circus

Oh my god!  Chip being shot through the roof then coming in wearing the tent poncho--loved it.  

Also loved Christine's airport sign for the Carpet King, and her response about the Russian poodles:  "How'd they get in the country?"

I'm glad she cancelled the Arby's deal.  Not sure about her buying the rodeo facility. I want her to be with Ken, but not in Colorado!  Show, please figure something out.  ?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Edie Wharton said:

I'm glad she cancelled the Arby's deal.  Not sure about her buying the rodeo facility. I want her to be with Ken, but not in Colorado!  Show, please figure something out.  ?

I'm happy she cancelled the purchase too. I can see some potential with the rodeo property. Not necessarily with a real rodeo, but with other events, holiday shows, weekend flea markets & swap meets, etc. And Chip could still roam around doing magic tricks and clowning. It could work. And maybe Ken will retire and let his daughters run the business. Then he'd be free to move out and help her. See, I can solve it all!  I hope it works out, I really like them together.

• Love 8

I hope the rodeo works out for Christine, but given her two incompetent sons, I have my doubts. I'm worried she'll lose everything. It'll be better than an Arby's franchise, though, I'm sure. Maybe as @HollyG said, Ken will retire, come to help her out, and that will be the solution. Well, we'll see where it goes next season. I'll miss Christine in the interim.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I loved Christine's face: "Communist poodles?" Long pause while staring off "How did they get into the country?"

I replayed that so many times.

I've been replaying it in my head since the promo last week. Christine's delivery on that was just perfect.

Better the rodeo than an Arby's. Maybe Cody and Logan can help wrangle acts for a Baskets Family Music Fest or something. 

I'll be back to see in Season 3.

• Love 3

Loved it. Love Ken. I sure hope he becomes at least a semi-regular. When he told off Chip for talking to his mother like that, I cheered.

Ken: I stepped in some chicken shit.
[chicken clucks]
Christine: Well, there's the chicken.

I love how much Chip's nieces love him. 

And yes...
Christine: Communist poodles? How'd THEY get in the country?
... was the best. Her sign at the airport and the way she spoke to Ken was so sweetly funny.

8 hours ago, Edie Wharton said:

Oh my god!  Chip being shot through the roof then coming in wearing the tent poncho--loved it.  

What a great gag, and I'm glad the whole routine with the other clown was actually funny and a crowd-pleaser.

That look that Christine cast toward Chip after she left with the realtor was hysterical.

Christine: Yippee-ki-yay, Basket family.

• Love 3

Did anyone else wonder 1) How'd Chip survived being shot out of a canyon so high and landing (was there a net outside)? and 2) Didn't he seem to get back in way too fast considering how far he was shot and the time to recover?

I want her to be with Ken, but not in Colorado!  Show, please figure something out.

And maybe Ken will retire and let his daughters run the business. Then he'd be free to move out and help her. See, I can solve it all!  I hope it works out, I really like them together.

I like Ken and they are very sweet together, but comedy-wise I don't think Christine being happy and coupled and in a stable relationship would be as funny.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SWLinPHX said:

Did anyone else wonder 1) How'd Chip survived being shot out of a canyon so high and landing (was there a net outside)? and 2) Didn't he seem to get back in way too fast considering how far he was shot and the time to recover?

Yes to both, but I decided it was just a surreal indulgence. 

• Love 4

I need to rewatch this episode without The Boyfriend because the other day I wore a shirt super similar to one of the shirts Christine was wearing in this episode and he would not let it go!!!!

Anyway, does anyone else forget that Christine isn't a real person? In this episode particularly, Louie Anderson has just done a phenomenal job at making her a real, relatable woman. It would be so easy for him/anyone to overemphasize her lady-ness (trying to do extreme weight loss surgery prior to Ken coming to town, being a mom in general, etc.). I also really love how Christine and Ken feel like a real couple. I loved "Curly fries for everyone!" and might make that my personal motto!

• Love 7
On 3/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, peeayebee said:

Yes to both, but I decided it was just a surreal indulgence. 

I think the same would have to be true of Meemaw's house being worth as much as that entire rodeo stadium.

My hope is if the rodeo fails, Costco will swoop in and give Christine millions for the land. 

My love for this show, particularly Christine and Martha, is boundless.