Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Gather Up the Killers

On the fifth anniversary of Klaus' defeat, Marcel is king of the city and welcomes the un-sired vampires to New Orleans, only to find they pose an unexpected threat to his rule, leading him to seek counsel from an unlikely source. Meanwhile, as Hayley closes in on the cure that will allow her to revive Elijah and the slumbering Mikaelsons, she faces a final task that will force her to make a ruthless decision.

Promo:

Clips:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
For some reason, the CW keeps removing official videos from their YouTube channel

Freya and Hayley FTW.

"I guess Rebekah and Kol couldn't contain their hunger." Heh. Thankfully, the preview promises more.

The end scene with the little boy was all kinds of scary and reminiscent of Poltergeist for me (and therefore terrifying).

Klaus really creates his own problems. Although TVD's final scenes bear out that at some point in the future he is free enough to write a check, lol.

Welcome back, show. Keep any sirens away and we're all good. I don't want slog though this like I did TVD since fall.

• Love 2

Apparently all Klaus has done for the last five years is plot his revenge (as opposed to some self-reflection and learning from his mistakes). When he said, "Alistair hates me because of my strength," I just rolled my eyes. No, Alistair made it pretty clear that the reason he hates you is because you compelled him to kill his own wife and child and then set fire to his village in the hopes that it would distract your daddy. I'm glad that when Klaus kept threatening Vincent, Vincent's response was to pointedly remind him of Cami.

As always, Josh is a delight to have around, from DJing parties and talking to little witch dudes to pointing out to Vincent when a woman is into him (heh, and later telling Vincent that he was going to use him as shield).

I find Hayley much less annoying when she's kicking ass and not talking as much, so keep it up, show! I was trying to figure out why Hope is a ginger. I know it's a recessive gene but have we seen anyone in the family with reddish hair? Rebekah, Freya, and Esther are blonde and Dahlia is brunette. All the brothers have blondish-brownish hair.

Poor Kelly. Hayley promised to let her go and then Freya was like NOPE. Why can't they just extract a bunch of her venom and then store it somewhere for safekeeping? I swear they used to do that with Klaus's blood in case of werewolf bites, right? Hopefully Kelly is smart enough not to try to escape now that she's seen Freya kill someone with a wave of her hand. Even though Hayley complained that Kelly was asking too many questions, I was like well, you're the one who is oversharing, so can you blame her for asking more questions?

• Love 2

Does Phoebe Tonkin seem very thin to anyone else? She's always been very beautiful, but I never wanted to give her a sandwich before.

I was a little surprised that Marcel didn't out and out state that if (the if so that he doesn't definitively acknowledge it) Klaus is the anchor keeping his siblings alive, killing Klaus could have repercussions on a massive scale for everyone sired by Rebecca and Kol (Elijah too, but seems like everyone hates The Strix). Marcel is all about being reasonable, and he can perfectly reasonably say that he doesn't see why a vendetta against Klaus is worth killing a lot of other (well, relatively) innocent vampires.

I loved the twins who played Baby Hope, and I have a lot of hope (heh) that the new actress playing her will be as good an actress as they were. As it is she's an incredibly striking child. She looks like something magical, for sure.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PinkRibbons said:

Does Phoebe Tonkin seem very thin to anyone else? She's always been very beautiful, but I never wanted to give her a sandwich before.

Isn't she vegan? If so, that could explain the sudden extreme thinness. But I've noticed her skinniness since season 2 and it might just be because she her weigh from The Secret Circle to season 2 Originals is hella striking.

killing Klaus could have repercussions on a massive scale for everyone sired by Rebecca and Kol 

Only Rebecca. All of Kol's sirelings are already dead thanks to Elena and Jeremy on TVD

• Love 1

I love that Marcel has no appetite for harming Rebecca, or presumably Hayley/Hope. And that Josh still likes him. Klaus has always been hard for me to root for so I appreciate that Marcel is at his core still an OK guy. 

The new vampire girl who was with Marcel reminded me so much of Leslie Bibb! I kept thinking, I know her from something but there was no familiar name in the guest credits.

I hope this show gets a half season pickup after this - guessing that Klaus's check and Alaric's school on TVD were designed for that possibility. After all, there's no law that a show simply called "the Originals" has to stay in NO (at least part of the time).

• Love 4

Well I enjoyed the new episode. I'm kinda afraid to enjoy it considering we are on the razors edge of cancelation. Still not feeling Elijah and Hayley. 

And wasn't Freya poisoned when last we saw her or something? I thought for sure she was sick too which is another reason she had to go under the sleeping curse with everyone else? It's been a LONG TIME though so I may be remembering wrong.

I actually liked Hayley. She's claimed the Mikaelson's as hers - they're her family no apologies. I see how Mary's on the very short list of trustworthy people but I do worry about Hope's bedtime stories when she babysits. Plus I have an incredible desire to point out Mary's lived longer than Freya if that's how we're gonna judge worthiness.

The scenes with Marcel were incredibly telling. He completely discredits the notion his actions were for Davina when even to kill Elijah & Freya he's unwilling to harm Rebekah, which makes me more curious as to what choice he would have made - saving Rebekah or bringing back Davina. Klaus is apart of Marcel always & forever and Marcel can't escape it furthermore Marcel still unwillingly & resentfully cares for him to some extent - removing the dagger was all for Klaus.

Klaus still being to manipulate and get to Marcel was reassuring, he remains a prisoner at the mercy of others but he is not broken. Vincent's comment about there being no goodness left in him was honestly hilarious, putting aside the fact he's willingly suffering for his family what would posses Vincent to think that threatening one's captors/torturers has anything to do with there being goodness inside of him?!

Elijah's "Let's go get him"

Anyone else surprised Marcel ruled 5 years of peace just because the Mikaelsons are gone? I recall witch executions and cursed wolves during his previous Mikaelson free reign. And where are the wolves exactly, they're only mentioned when Marcel says he keeps Klaus for his blood in case they get out of line which is ominous.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Sam Marie said:

Anyone else surprised Marcel ruled 5 years of peace just because the Mikaelsons are gone? I recall witch executions and cursed wolves during his previous Mikaelson free reign. And where are the wolves exactly, they're only mentioned when Marcel says he keeps Klaus for his blood in case they get out of line which is ominous.

One of the worst aspects of time jumps is that everyone's lives seem to freeze in place for the duration. The same thing happened on TVD. I think Vincent decided that Marcel was the best Vampire leader they were going to get and tried to keep the witches in line.

So, is Leah Pipes still working on the show as Klaus' delusion?

I'm still smirking that we didn't actually see Rebekah and Kol (I think), just blurs. Were the actors unavailable? 

Time jump season premieres usually annoy me but I enjoyed this one, I have no interest in seeing five years of Hayley dragging coffins around. Klaus' general attitude still not changing after five years of pain and imprisonment does not surprise me, I actually rolled my eyes when he said Alistair was just jealous of Klaus' strength...right, Klaus, right. I am so intrigued by whatever that sigil is/who it's connected to. 

Besides the return of the delectable Elijah and Vincent and Josh being as adorable as ever, I found myself distracted by Alistair, he looked so familiar. And then I realized: I think he's Abraham from Sleepy Hollow! But with better hair. LOL 

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I'm still smirking that we didn't actually see Rebekah and Kol (I think), just blurs. Were the actors unavailable? 

Time jump season premieres usually annoy me but I enjoyed this one, I have no interest in seeing five years of Hayley dragging coffins around. Klaus' general attitude still not changing after five years of pain and imprisonment does not surprise me, I actually rolled my eyes when he said Alistair was just jealous of Klaus' strength...right, Klaus, right. I am so intrigued by whatever that sigil is/who it's connected to. 

Besides the return of the delectable Elijah and Vincent and Josh being as adorable as ever, I found myself distracted by Alistair, he looked so familiar. And then I realized: I think he's Abraham from Sleepy Hollow! But with better hair. LOL 

OMG thank you, this was driving me nuts and I didn't feel like going to IMDB to try and figure out why he looked so familiar. He is also a dead ringer for my brother in law LOL.

• Love 1

That was fun!

The pace was swift, action interesting, and I did squee (and -ee and -ee) when n'kid Hayley and Elijah got a tender moment.

A little off with the blah blah blah Marcel's in charge and no one should question/challenge him blah blah blah.

Crazy Klaus was good though redundant- more blah blah blah you need me because everyone who has ever has feared me and that's the only way to keep people from taking what's yours blah blah blah.

And... I'm already tired of Freya being willing to screw anyone and everyone for a quick resolution to Michelson angst. Yes Freya, we understand the nice werewolf made a deal with Hayley, not you so she should just suck it. Sheesh.

8 hours ago, Tarasme said:

That was fun!

The pace was swift, action interesting, and I did squee (and -ee and -ee) when n'kid Hayley and Elijah got a tender moment.

A little off with the blah blah blah Marcel's in charge and no one should question/challenge him blah blah blah.

Crazy Klaus was good though redundant- more blah blah blah you need me because everyone who has ever has feared me and that's the only way to keep people from taking what's yours blah blah blah.

And... I'm already tired of Freya being willing to screw anyone and everyone for a quick resolution to Michelson angst. Yes Freya, we understand the nice werewolf made a deal with Hayley, not you so she should just suck it. Sheesh.

Klaus being Klaus-like was reassuring, the last thing I want to see is Klaus broken - apologizing and admitting his sins to his captors. He's not sorry about Alistar and while he might regret instigating a threat to his family its unrealistic for him to care about the fate of faceless strangers sacrificed for his family's safety. I loved the interactions between Klaus & Marcel because no matter how ridiculously arrogant Klaus came off  it clearly struck something in Marcel.

I've got mixed feelings about Freya. She's willing to screw anyone and everything for her family in a strange combination of Elijah & Klaus and it's tiresome but I think it's also what you expect from a girl who waited 1000 years for her family and the loyalty and devotion Freya so quickly developed for the family members she never met impressed me. And in this case there's valid concern, Kellin is the absolute last of her pack and vampires are hunting her specifically so the Mikaelsons suffer. Freya has 3 vampire siblings heading back into NO plus Klaus (assuming it's hybrid lethal) it's pretty likely someone gets bitten. Keeping Kellin until they get Klaus away from Marcel or stockpiling her venom is pretty logical, considering she's likely dead soon after she leaves their custody.

• Love 1

I'm curious to hear more about Hope's powers. They were hinted at when she was a baby, and Haley brought them up again in this episode. I liked the callback to Davina's witchy drawings and Klaus' emo art with Hope's circle drawings. 

I was hoping for a "Davina's alive!" reveal but I guess I'm out of luck(for now anyway). I really enjoyed her and her relationships with the other characters.

I hope Freya develops more of a personality this season. Rebekah is a lot to live up to.

On 3/19/2017 at 11:05 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Thank you!

I had the same issue with Alistair! Lol 

22 hours ago, wonderchica05 said:

I'm curious to hear more about Hope's powers. They were hinted at when she was a baby, and Haley brought them up again in this episode.

I desperately hope along with whatever's connected to New Orleans we are Hope affected by the devastating power of the Mikaelson first born. After seeing how affected Freya was I'd hate for it to be ignored

1 hour ago, Sam Marie said:

I desperately hope along with whatever's connected to New Orleans we are Hope affected by the devastating power of the Mikaelson first born. After seeing how affected Freya was I'd hate for it to be ignored

Oh! I forgot about that! The extended season promo implied we'll definitely get more witchiness from Hope, which I'm down for. I can't wait to some interaction with her and Klaus.