Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 5

So far, Dre for the win! "The bitch fell" - awesome! I love her!

Happy to have Ika back (her face when Sindy came in was priceless), and I still love Cassandra.

Bruno, ugh.

Tentatively like the boxer and the musician (Emily?), and dislike William from Quebec.

I have no problem with Gary. I may be the only one, lol!

• Love 1

This twist better not be rigged for Gary. He already got enough production help during his season.

The newbies were so not happy about the vet twist. 

Neda and Kevin both look like they took big hits falling on that challenge. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Fex said:

So far, Dre for the win! "The bitch fell" - awesome! I love her!

I'm liking her a lot too so far! And I'm so glad William is there so we have a beautiful Quebecois accent to listen to. Plus, for once the token oldie wont get evicted first.

On the flip side, fuck that ridiculous twist! Giving someone immunity until the jury is WAY too big an advantage. It doesn't really matter how Canada votes because you know TPTB are giving that power to Gary, no matter what. I'm so pissed.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

I voted to keep the mom.  It woild be nice to have a 53 year old at least make jury.

Good idea. I copied you and did the same.

I forgot to mention my favourite part of the episode: Dallas telling us how his girlfriend dumped his ass and he came home to nothing. Did he seriously think she'd be ok with him constantly cuddling in bed with other women? Good on her!

• Love 3

Glad Gary didn't win the twist.

Vets are already falling apart. Ika is a time bomb. Cass's reaction to that fight was hilarious. So was Karen's, but considering she didn't go after the vets first she has no business calling the others stupid.

• Love 3

YES!!  Not Gary!  I bet if they did the voting tonight, Karen would win in a landslide. That woman is a legend already!  "That's why none of ya fucking won!" HILARIOUS.

At first I questioned her strategy of nominating 2 newbies but the vets are imploding already. They didn't even vote together.

• Love 3

Neda's reactions as AC explained the Time Warp twist weren't just entertaining, but also endearing when she claimed it as her rightful reward - clearly the best of the returning octet, the Dani Donato of the North ~

• Love 1

So much to love:

Demetres picking a fight with Dylan, Cassandra cracking up while Ika rips into Sindy, Karen taking down the vets, Bruno explaining why Mark is hot... and reassuring Kevin that he is also hot

I'm happy enough with Neda winning the Time Warp

• Love 1

Heh,  kinda pleased that one of the bro-jocks got kicked out first, and by the 53 year old woman! She's got quite a potty mouth too, which I love.

I kinda wanted Ika to win the "jump to the future" prize as I figure Neda would be smart enough to get to jury on her own. I am all here for Ika's bitchiness. Love how she said she would be nice to Sindy and then proceeded to lose it.

• Love 4

Now, that was entertaining. Laughed out loud a few times right along with the audience. I hope Karen stays around for awhile. She has zero filter, and I love it. I do not understand that twist so early on. It didn't give any of the newbies even a chance for that advantage, but thank the Lord it seems the voters are as sick of Gary as I am. Should be lots of drama this season and I am here for it!

ETA - Two things that bug me. Arissa reporting the votes like she is announcing the score of a hockey game. And who the hell is that announcer? Sounds like Peter to me and that is not a good thing.

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, himela said:

Will there be no Sideshow this year?

No, no Side Show. I enjoyed it a lot more last year with Sarah and Peter than the previous 2 years with Peter and Gary. Gary doesn't follow BBCan, and made mistakes all the time with people's names. He was there for the fashion. I went to the taping of the eviction Thursday- it started at 4 and was finished by 6, so it was fast! Dillon had an entire row of his family there, so we were wondering if he was leaving. There was another row of "special guests" that consisted of Sarah, Pili, Ramsey, Bobby, Jon and I forget who else. It was also interesting to hear Gary speak in his real voice, and not the "other voice" he uses for interviews and such.  As for Karen, the audience was eating her up.  Poor Mark looked shellshocked when he got booted. There were production problems during the vote, and the 2 nominees had to just sit there waiting to hear who was leaving for quite a few minutes.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Evenshorter said:

No, no Side Show. I enjoyed it a lot more last year with Sarah and Peter than the previous 2 years with Peter and Gary. Gary doesn't follow BBCan, and made mistakes all the time with people's names. He was there for the fashion. I went to the taping of the eviction Thursday- it started at 4 and was finished by 6, so it was fast! Dillon had an entire row of his family there, so we were wondering if he was leaving. There was another row of "special guests" that consisted of Sarah, Pili, Ramsey, Bobby, Jon and I forget who else. It was also interesting to hear Gary speak in his real voice, and not the "other voice" he uses for interviews and such.  As for Karen, the audience was eating her up.  Poor Mark looked shellshocked when he got booted. There were production problems during the vote, and the 2 nominees had to just sit there waiting to hear who was leaving for quite a few minutes.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! :)

• Love 1

Cool info! I thought I spotted Ramsey in the audience.

Mark definitely looked shocked at being first out but the bitchy side of me really enjoyed it. He was the one I disliked most during the intros because he bragged about giving out his number to 2 or 3 girls a night and said he wanted a showmance. I have no use for bro-dudes like that.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Cool info! I thought I spotted Ramsey in the audience.

Mark definitely looked shocked at being first out but the bitchy side of me really enjoyed it. He was the one I disliked most during the intros because he bragged about giving out his number to 2 or 3 girls a night and said he wanted a showmance. I have no use for bro-dudes like that.

The audience asked Ramsey how his dad was, and he kind of hesitated and said he was good, but there had been bumps on the road.   Also forgot Godfrey was there. Yes, it's very interesting how it gets filmed. 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:16 PM, Evenshorter said:

No, no Side Show. I enjoyed it a lot more last year with Sarah and Peter than the previous 2 years with Peter and Gary. Gary doesn't follow BBCan, and made mistakes all the time with people's names. He was there for the fashion. 

He's there for the fashion, but more so, he's there to lovingly gaze at himself in whatever reflection he can find. Why in the world did they invite him back.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bagatelle said:

He's there for the fashion, but more so, he's there to lovingly gaze at himself in whatever reflection he can find. Why in the world did they invite him back.

Too true. He can't even carry on a conversation with anyone, he's too busy staring at himself. Having said that, his makeup looks like it was applied while he was blindfolded.

• Love 2

I am so glad Dallas got voted out.  I was wondering how/why it became unanimous because it seemed to be a tad bit up in the air prior to the evection show.  Glad to see Emily stay, I hope she goes far.  Not that I need eye candy because I find the vast majority of the women attractive this season, but I really like Emily.

I want to like Gary's style choices because I am a huge fan of fashion's oddballs. However, his execution of his looks is terrible. There's a low-budget factor to his persona that would be terrific if it proved how resourceful he could be, but it doesn't. He just looks as if he's trying too hard.

Edited by dolphincorn

I'm finding this season ridiculously boring. I was a little annoyed they brought back returning players but now I'm sort of glad because the newbies are all dull as dishwater. Maybe they're more interesting on the live feeds?

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm finding this season ridiculously boring. I was a little annoyed they brought back returning players but now I'm sort of glad because the newbies are all dull as dishwater. Maybe they're more interesting on the live feeds?

The live feeds and the televised show are two entirely different stories. For instance, last night when Cass had that group outside to try to get their votes, Gary came sweeping out and mouthed to the camera "I'm lying, I'm lying" and then proceeded to sit down and pretend with them that Cassandra had the votes to stay. They were all lying to her. But Karen is something else. She has whole sessions with everyone while she tries to teach them life skills. Like don't buy RRSP's, put your money under a mattress. For real.

I thought last night's episode was interesting when Ika said that Canada wouldn't have given Neda the power if they would have known that she would turn out to be so smug. Canada seems to reward the humble underdogs in this game. I'm curious to see what happens from here because I believe Canada is probably going to throw something to Dre and William if given the opportunity.

I think Ika was just being a Bitter Betty because things aren't going her way. Canada knows what Neda is like, we saw her play for an entire season before, we know how she gets when she's winning and I've yet to see anything I would define as smug. I also hated William referring to Neda's alliance as bullies. Just because they're doing well in the game and you're not, that doesn't make them bullies.  I feel like millennials toss that word around like it's nothing, it's a disservice to people who actually are being bullied. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dolphincorn said:

I thought last night's episode was interesting when Ika said that Canada wouldn't have given Neda the power if they would have known that she would turn out to be so smug. Canada seems to reward the humble underdogs in this game. I'm curious to see what happens from here because I believe Canada is probably going to throw something to Dre and William if given the opportunity.

Neda has always been self confident and smug.  She's said over and over that Jon got to the end because she was the brains behind it all. I'm happy she's playing and not sitting back coasting to the middle when her power runs out.

I like Ika, but I would be afraid to get her angry. She's hard to predict.

Wow, that was fun! I don't know how to feel about the Have Not twist. On the one hand, I always like it when things don't go the majority's way. BUT, what was Neda saying about Gary always rubbing food in Have Nots faces? Not nice, Gary. Bruno's bratty reaction made me glad he's on slop, at least.

Glad that Demetres won HOH, because he could possibly vote either way. Exciting!

3 hours ago, Fex said:

Wow, that was fun! I don't know how to feel about the Have Not twist. On the one hand, I always like it when things don't go the majority's way. BUT, what was Neda saying about Gary always rubbing food in Have Nots faces? Not nice, Gary. Bruno's bratty reaction made me glad he's on slop, at least.

I think Bruno had a right to be angry since production twisted the thing so their favourite (Gary) would not have to suffer on slop, even after getting so many votes.

Gary, being Gary, would rub the noses of the slop sufferers in his fancy meals that he liked to cook.  He said tonight he planned to do it again.

I wonder if production will do something underhanded to keep him in the house if he gets voted out this week. 

• Love 3

I don't blame Bruno for his reaction, it was production helping out their pet. I also wouldn't be shocked if that diary room at the end of the episode came true. That if he's evicted they didn't find a way to bring him back.

• Love 1

According to rhap podcast Bruno was mad cause he has spent a lot of time and energy making Jackie come close to him and due to this twist it was revealed to her he put cookies in her jar.

If the noobies can't see they are way more than the vets and do nothing about it I will start to wonder about Canadian people's IQ...

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, bagatelle said:

I think Bruno had a right to be angry since production twisted the thing so their favourite (Gary) would not have to suffer on slop, even after getting so many votes.

I actually believe this wasn't interference by production, it was already established that it's "Backwards week" so that seemed to fit the theme. It's just annoying that it benefitted Gary. (And really, what is with these people and their reactions to being on slop? William and his tears? Jesus, they're not making you eat dog shit.)

I can't believe how many people said stuff about the other houseguests when they were putting the slop cookies in the bins. Especially Ika! Have they never watched the show before?

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2
(edited)

I kind of like him too. I started liking him after Dillon (Dylan? I don't know.) went on that big rant a couple weeks ago and after it was all over, Demetres kind of chuckled and calmly said "You don't like my hair?" 

Edited by Rachel RSL
2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I actually believe this wasn't interference by production, it was already established that it's "Backwards week" so that seemed to fit the theme. It's just annoying that it benefitted Gary. (And really, what is with these people and their reactions to being on slop? William and his tears? Jesus, they're not making you eat dog shit.)

I can't believe how many people said stuff about the other houseguets when they were putting the slop cookies in the bins. Especially Ika! Have they never watched the show before?

Apparently Canada's slop is like dog shit. They don't seem to have much else to add to it like the US does.  It really looks disgusting and it can't be healthy to be on that all week. I feel for those who have to be on it two weeks in a row.

I'm just worried that Gary and Dre may be the only two safe, since it is backwards week. I'd love to see a legitimate vote off if the house wants him gone.

12 hours ago, bagatelle said:

Gary, being Gary, would rub the noses of the slop sufferers in his fancy meals that he liked to cook.  He said tonight he planned to do it again.

That is really horrible of Gary.

I don't think a semi-popularity contest (strategy too, but liking or disliking someone played a big part in their commentary) is any more "fair" than the vote suddenly being reversed. It's Big Brother Canada, there is no fair! 

4 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I can't believe how many people said stuff about the other houseguets when they were putting the slop cookies in the bins. Especially Ika! Have they never watched the show before?

I agree that switching the vote was probably the intention from the outset, because of backwards week, and not done for Gary's benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ika considered that it might get revealed, and just went for it anyway! Some of the others definitely didn't, and they definitely should know better.

5 hours ago, himela said:

According to rhap podcast Bruno was mad cause he has spent a lot of time and energy making Jackie come close to him and due to this twist it was revealed to her he put cookies in her jar.

Having a reason to be angry doesn't make it cool to go around kicking stuff... I hope it was his stuff, at least!

This must be Backwards Week because I almost wanted Gary to stay. I'm sure it was a momentary lapse of judgment. I do find Dre hilarious though so I'm glad she stayed. I cracked up when she was describing Bruno's dance moves! "There's some groove in there but you know he has kids."

Neda is totally getting the villain edit this season. Is she really like that on the live feeds or do they just cobble together her bitchy moments? I don't remember her being like that on her first season. Maybe I was wrong and Ika was right. The audience audibly groaned, loudly, when Gary was evicted. And they cheered like crazy when Neda was eliminated from the HoH comp.

• Love 1

"You see that? Winnipeg, 18 degrees Celsius."

"Okay Karen"

She may be a bitch, but Ika's deadpan comic sense of timing is flawless. I was rolling on the floor as much as Dre was!

• Love 2

Dre's speech was really interesting. I hope Monday's episode gives a little backstory there.

Ika makes great TV, but you make an excellent point, @bagatelle! It may not take her far in the game.

It seems as though Neda's time travel advantage may have gone to her head. And the live audience does not like it!

4 hours ago, Fex said:

Dre's speech was really interesting. I hope Monday's episode gives a little backstory there.

Ika makes great TV, but you make an excellent point, @bagatelle! It may not take her far in the game.

It seems as though Neda's time travel advantage may have gone to her head. And the live audience does not like it!

And the mikes picked up the boos when Gary was booted, and the cheers when Neda was out of the HOH comp. The houseguests heard it all and have been discussing it.

• Love 1