Type keyword(s) to search

Sexuality in the SPNVerse

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Anna self-identified as a graceless angel.  I don't remember it being discussed that it was only because Anna didn't have her grace that Dean was okay with having sex with her. That didn't come up at all. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

She had all her memories of being an angel, just not the physical (if that's the right word?) properties provided by grace.  But I don't think Dean cared one way or another, and that was before all the "angel + human = nephilim = BAD" stuff came up.  TBH, since the angels were (still) brainwashed into believing everything they were told at that time, I can't imagine Anna (or any "good" angel, as opposed to Ishim?) even *wanting* to have sex with a human, just in case.  Obviously it happened (at least a few times!) but I don't think it was commonly even considered.  Anna did say that one of the perks of being human was having sex.  

What I don't understand is why more demons weren't making lots of little anti-Christs if they're supposedly so powerful (and so easy to make). :)

• Love 2
(edited)

But if Cas were female, she wouldn't have lasted the season as a love interest for Dean.  Fans would have made sure of that.  

I agree. And really, ironically, they did. Cas was originally supposed to have a limited run and Anna was conceptialized to be the angel who stayed on more longterm, at least till the end of the Season.  At which point I`m sure there would have been more angel nookie. 

But fan response to Cas was gigantic - I remember being super-giddy myself after his first appearance and livejournal communities popped up by the dozen during that night - and response to Anna was "eh". So they did the smart thing and kept Cas.  

IMO the smart choice. I don`t know who  here was already live-watching during Season 4 but it was a unique experience. Like the fandom Cas-gasmed right after "Lazarus Rising". Since Methos introduction on Highlander had I not seen one appearance by a guest character make such a splash.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

IMO the smart choice. I don`t know who  here was already live-watching during Season 4 but it was a unique experience. Like the fandom Cas-gasmed right after "Lazarus Rising". Since Methos introduction on Highlander had I not seen one appearance by a guest character make such a splash.

I was watching live but I did not have the same experience as you - I was on different forums at the time and it was more that Dean suddenly had some importance that seemed to take people's imagination and the whole idea of Angels etc.  I certainly don't remember any early enormous fan reaction to Cas - I do remember after a couple of seasons a lot of people on the sites I was part of saying that Cas should go!  I ladore Misha so rather like when they write Jared or Jensen's characters as "pricks" or just badly I definitely don't want him to go. Totally agree that they made the right choice on who to keep but I did find Anna's background story to be fascinating to begin with.

The actress portraying Anna was wooden.  Her appearance was delicate and heavenly of course so I can see why she was cast, but the sex in the car was awkward to watch (IMO).  I'm sure Dean knows all about satisfying a woman - I don't need to see sex scenes.  I've got my own over-active imagination for that.

Both Jensen and Misha are what I would describe as 'pretty' men. Manly and handsome of course (although I find Jensen far more goodlooking than Misha) but kind of 'pretty' too.  And then there's that sensual chemistry.   Although they tried to push lots of Sam & Cas scenes to diminish the Dean & Cas allure - it never really worked.  That PB&J scene fell flat.  Put Dean and Cas in the kitchen with some peanut butter and jam and the fan fiction sites would light up like a Christmas tree. LOL.

BTW - I'm not a Destiel fan, not in the least.  But I do understand......

• Love 1

I was watching live but I did not have the same experience as you - I was on different forums at the time and it was more that Dean suddenly had some importance that seemed to take people's imagination and the whole idea of Angels etc. 

Absolutely, that was part and parcel - definitely for me - but their first encounter was also electric. Of course angels looked supercool and superbadass back then, we hadn`t yet entered the time of "goon angel" in casting calls. Oh, for simpler, better times. But at that point, Cas was the embodiment of "oooh, angels" and that got a lot of positive buzz. 

• Love 6