Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod
A Vineyard Valentine
Bridesmaids Revisited
Partings
Introducing Lorelai Planetarium

French Twist is saved, however reluctantly, and the next round is open! Just vote for the one of the five that you want to salvage :) 

(edited)

A few mama Kim moments that leap to mind:

Mama Kim warns Rory that "boys don't like funny girls" (Pilot) 

Mama Kim and Lorelai find common ground, just wanting their daughters to be safe and happy and to NOT turn out like Lorelai :) (Double Date)

Mama Kim vs Emily Gilmore in Kim's antiques (Emily in Wonderland)

Mama Kim is determined to pretend that Zach and Brian are girls 

Mama Kim excitedly fills out college applications w/ Lane, having dismissed the ones where boys and girls eat together as "party schools" 

Mama Kim intimidates even Jess into calling her "m'am" (They Shoot Gilmores)

Mama Kim naively notes that Dave Rygalski looked hungry for her eggless egg salad sandwiches (They Shoot Gilmores)

Mama Kim bonds with Zach about how Lane looks better with her glasses 

Edited by mstaken

Mama Kim tells Lane that she will just have to "do it" on her wedding night. (Sidekick)

Mama Kim and Lane have shoots of booze after Lane's breakup("Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."  (The Perfect Dress)

Mama Kim goes to Luke's to tell him Lane won't be coming in but he already knows.(After Lane had never came home from CBGB's) "She's called you. She called Lorelai."

Mama Kim figures out the band tour. "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up. Okay, last problem. Transportation." (A House Is Not a Home)

Mama Kim tells Lorelai she won't go to Lane's baby shower unless some terms are met. "... and there will be no sandboxes or parties with pony rides." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore

Edited by lulu1960

Mama Kim and Lorelai find common ground, just wanting their daughters to be safe and happy and to NOT turn out like Lorelai :) (Double Date)
Mama Kim excitedly fills out college applications w/ Lane, having dismissed the ones where boys and girls eat together as "party schools"
Mama Kim naively notes that Dave Rygalski looked hungry for her eggless egg salad sandwiches (They Shoot Gilmores)

Mama Kim tells Lane that she will just have to "do it" on her wedding night. (Sidekick)
Mama Kim and Lane have shoots of booze after Lane's breakup("Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."  (The Perfect Dress)
Mama Kim goes to Luke's to tell him Lane won't be coming in but he already knows.(after Lane had never came home from CBGB's) "She's called you. She called Lorelai."
Mama Kim figures out the band tour. "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up. Okay, last problem. Transportation." (A House Is Not a Home)
Mama Kim tells Lorelai won't go to Lane's baby shower unless some terms are met. "... and there will be no sandboxes or parties with pony rides." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore)

Bridesmaids.  I would say Partings, because it did have some good acting as MsT said, but my heart breaks into tiny little pieces every time I even see the title, so no.

Mrs. Kim wonders if she could maybe phone Henry Cho's mother after she finds out he's Korean and wants to be a doctor - A'Tisket A'Tasket

Edited by Taryn74

Mama Kim and Lane have shoots of booze after Lane's breakup("Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."  (The Perfect Dress)
Mama Kim goes to Luke's to tell him Lane won't be coming in but he already knows.(after Lane had never came home from CBGB's) "She's called you. She called Lorelai."
Mama Kim tells Lorelai won't go to Lane's baby shower unless some terms are met. "... and there will be no sandboxes or parties with pony rides." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore)

Mrs. Kim wonders if she could maybe phone Henry Cho's mother after she finds out he's Korean and wants to be a doctor - A'Tisket A'Tasket

Mrs Kim hoses Rory down after learning her house is infested with termites (S&L) 

After making Zach write a hit song to prove he can provide for Lane, Mrs. Kim gives them her blessing - and a better ring - for marriage (I'm OK, You're OK)

Mrs. Kim sadly but firmly tells Lane she must move out if she wants to live by her own rules (In the Clamor and the Clangor)

Mrs. Kim freaks out when she realizes Lane is at the movies with a boy (Double Date)

Edited by Taryn74

I love this list so much! 

Mrs Kim hoses Rory down after learning her house is infested with termites (S&L)

After making Zach write a hit song to prove he can provide for Lane, Mrs. Kim gives them her blessing - and a better ring - for marriage (I'm OK, You're OK)
Mrs. Kim sadly but firmly tells Lane she must move out if she wants to live by her own rules

After making Zach write a hit song to prove he can provide for Lane, Mrs. Kim gives them her blessing - and a better ring - for marriage (I'm OK, You're OK)
Mrs. Kim sadly but firmly tells Lane she must move out if she wants to live by her own rules

Mrs. Kim freaks out when she realizes Lane is at the movies with a boy (Double Date)

Lorelai goes into Kim's Antiques to buy the door knocker and Mrs. Kim asks her to deliver Lane's mail
Dave Rygalski reads the entire bible in one night and Mrs. Kim lets him take Lane to prom

Vineyard. 

Both are so bad for similar and dissimilar reasons. Vineyard was Gilmore Bizarro World with Luke going Full Bumpkin who suddenly hates the outdoors and Rory cooking and going to the gym, but Partings was awful, ugly and downright mean to GG fans. 

• Love 1

Lorelai goes into Kim's Antiques to buy the door knocker and Mrs. Kim asks her to deliver Lane's mail
Dave Rygalski reads the entire bible in one night and Mrs. Kim lets him take Lane to prom

Mrs. Kim promises to wear ear plugs so that Lane and Zach can have the kind of wedding reception they want to have (Sidekick)

Partings is our triumphant loser, and we're now on to voting on fabulous Mama Kim scenes :)

Just vote for the three of the above that you most want eliminated! 

While most of these moments are great, there are others I like a little better than these.

Heh---Alina, the first two you named are among my favorites. This game is going to be ridiculously hard! 

My votes:

Thank goodness the previous round is over!  LOL.  It was wearisome having to think of those terrible eps all the time.

Mama Kim excitedly fills out college applications w/ Lane, having dismissed the ones where boys and girls eat together as "party schools" - because sometimes they got a little ridiculous with the Mrs. Kim is soooo strict schtick.

Mama Kim and Lane have shoots of booze after Lane's breakup "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."  (The Perfect Dress) - it's funny, but there's others I like more.

Lorelai goes into Kim's Antiques to buy the door knocker and Mrs. Kim asks her to deliver Lane's mail - I don't know, this one just makes me sad mostly.  I'm sure Mrs. Kim felt like Lane would have rather had Lorelai as a mother all along.  :(

Mrs. Kim promises to wear ear plugs so that Lane and Zach can have the kind of wedding reception they want to have (Sidekick)

Mama Kim goes to Luke's to tell him Lane won't be coming in but he already knows.(after Lane had never came home from CBGB's) "She's called you. She called Lorelai.

Mama Kim and Lane have shoots of booze after Lane's breakup("Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."  (The Perfect Dress.

I'm proud that we got through thinking about those terrible episodes! Partings sucks!

Shots of booze and door knocker are history, but we have a tie for that third slot between:

Mama Kim excitedly fills out college applications w/ Lane, having dismissed the ones where boys and girls eat together as "party schools"  and "Mama Kim goes to Luke's to tell him Lane won't be coming in but he already knows.(after Lane had never came home from CBGB's) "She's called you. She called Lorelai."

I actually think the'party school' line is hilarious, so I'll vote against "She's called you..."

1. Mama Kim warns Rory that "boys don't like funny girls" (Pilot)
2. Mama Kim and Lorelai find common ground, just wanting their daughters to be safe and happy and to NOT turn out like Lorelai :) (Double Date)
3. Mama Kim vs Emily Gilmore in Kim's antiques (Emily in Wonderland)
4. Mama Kim is determined to pretend that Zach and Brian are girls
5. Mama Kim excitedly fills out college applications w/ Lane, having dismissed the ones where boys and girls eat together as "party schools"
6. Mama Kim intimidates even Jess into calling her "m'am" (They Shoot Gilmores)
7. Mama Kim naively notes that Dave Rygalski looked hungry for her eggless egg salad sandwiches (They Shoot Gilmores)
8. Mama Kim bonds with Zach about how Lane looks better with her glasses
9. Mama Kim tells Lane that she will just have to "do it" on her wedding night. (Sidekick)
10. Mama Kim figures out the band tour. "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up. Okay, last problem. Transportation." (A House Is Not a Home)
11. Mama Kim tells Lorelai won't go to Lane's baby shower unless some terms are met. "... and there will be no sandboxes or parties with pony rides." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore)
12. Mrs. Kim wonders if she could maybe phone Henry Cho's mother after she finds out he's Korean and wants to be a doctor - A'Tisket A'Tasket
13. Mrs Kim hoses Rory down after learning her house is infested with termites (S&L)
14. After making Zach write a hit song to prove he can provide for Lane, Mrs. Kim gives them her blessing - and a better ring - for marriage (I'm OK, You're OK)
15. Mrs. Kim sadly but firmly tells Lane she must move out if she wants to live by her own rules
16. Mrs. Kim freaks out when she realizes Lane is at the movies with a boy (Double Date)
17. Dave Rygalski reads the entire bible in one night and Mrs. Kim lets him take Lane to prom

18. Mrs. Kim promises to wear ear plugs so that Lane and Zach can have the kind of wedding reception they want to have (Sidekick)

That was the quickest tiebreaker ever! I numbered the list to make voting simpler. Just vote for the three you must want to eliminate :) 

2. Mama Kim and Lorelai find common ground, just wanting their daughters to be safe and happy and to NOT turn out like Lorelai :) (Double Date)
3. Mama Kim vs Emily Gilmore in Kim's antiques (Emily in Wonderland)
4. Mama Kim is determined to pretend that Zach and Brian are girls
6. Mama Kim intimidates even Jess into calling her "m'am" (They Shoot Gilmores)
7. Mama Kim naively notes that Dave Rygalski looked hungry for her eggless egg salad sandwiches (They Shoot Gilmores)
8. Mama Kim bonds with Zach about how Lane looks better with her glasses
9. Mama Kim tells Lane that she will just have to "do it" on her wedding night. (Sidekick)
10. Mama Kim figures out the band tour. "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up. Okay, last problem. Transportation." (A House Is Not a Home)
11. Mama Kim tells Lorelai won't go to Lane's baby shower unless some terms are met. "... and there will be no sandboxes or parties with pony rides." (Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore)
13. Mrs Kim hoses Rory down after learning her house is infested with termites (S&L)
14. After making Zach write a hit song to prove he can provide for Lane, Mrs. Kim gives them her blessing - and a better ring - for marriage (I'm OK, You're OK)
15. Mrs. Kim sadly but firmly tells Lane she must move out if she wants to live by her own rules
16. Mrs. Kim freaks out when she realizes Lane is at the movies with a boy (Double Date)
17. Dave Rygalski reads the entire bible in one night and Mrs. Kim lets him take Lane to prom
18. Mrs. Kim promises to wear ear plugs so that Lane and Zach can have the kind of wedding reception they want to have (Sidekick)

1, 5 and 12 are history, and the next round is open! Since this is a fairly short list, we can already shift to voting against just two. 

My votes: 9 and 18