Type keyword(s) to search

Poll: Who is Uber A?

Who is Uber A?    POLL OPEN

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here are my thoughts (in a separate post so as not to sway the results). I will not go through the clues pointing to each character, because the number of red herrings render any "clues" mute at this stage. A case could be made for anyone, and the writers have purposefully left any eventuality open (or will do so with retcons where necessary). So here is my rundown of each of the characters: - 

Aria: Front runner, voted most accomplished liar by the group. Perhaps too obvious. 

Spencer: Getting shot seems a convenient way to throw the audience off the scent. 

Hanna: We already know the ditsy act hides a considerable intelligence. But, if the writers are going for shock, I would be more inclined to choose Hanna's mother.

Emily: The shock option and one I consider quite likely, but, has the previous CeCe storyline made it politically difficult for Uber A to be another minority character? 

Alison: Another front runner, but have we already had too many bait-and-switch story lines with this character?  

Edited by Chinspinner

I'll honestly be disappointed if Uber A isn't one of the core 5 or at least one of their significant others. But, essentially everything leads back to the Dilaurentis and Hastings families. This basically makes it to where it has to be Spencer or Ally if they were going to do one of the core 5 girls. So I'm thinking it won't be one of the core 5...  I still voted for Aria, but only because she has the most clues linked to her character and well I just kinda want it to be her (no logic there)

• Love 1
On 27/02/2017 at 5:07 PM, marshmallows said:

I'll honestly be disappointed if Uber A isn't one of the core 5 or at least one of their significant others. But, essentially everything leads back to the Dilaurentis and Hastings families. This basically makes it to where it has to be Spencer or Ally if they were going to do one of the core 5 girls. So I'm thinking it won't be one of the core 5...  I still voted for Aria, but only because she has the most clues linked to her character and well I just kinda want it to be her (no logic there)

I'm just hoping they don't pull the twins trick again- it feels like a horribly cheap plot device- but it would make sense (in the minds of the writers, at least) that, say, Alison is the twin of the real Alison or some such crap. Frankly if it were to be Alison's or Spencer's twin, I would still count that as one of the 5 main characters because it is the writer's playing "a get out of jail free" card.   

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chinspinner said:

I'm just hoping they don't pull the twins trick again- it feels like a horribly cheap plot device- but it would make sense (in the minds of the writers, at least) that, say, Alison is the twin of the real Alison or some such crap. Frankly if it were to be Alison's or Spencer's twin, I would still count that as one of the 5 main characters because it is the writer's playing "a get out of jail free" card.   

Ugh, but that is such a cop out. I want it to actually be one of the core 5, it would just make it really twisted and I honestly think most of the fandom would be more satisfied by it being a character they liked/trusted instead of someone we have never met or another twin..

Someone completely off the wall bonkers and nonsensical, in keeping with the general nonsense of this past season - Ella or Grandma Marin or Emily's S1 boyfriend.  "Why did I do this?  No reason, it just seemed fun". 

Now that I think about it, that's the same rationale they used for Mona and CeCe -- the game is addictive and so much fun to play.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, AftermathTV said:

It is 1000 percent Melissa.

That's how Spencer will be at the center of the climax.

Melissa has always been super shady and every time they suspected her of something it turned out to be a red herring.  That actually would be okay if for once the writers did a "yeah, Melissa has been a red herring 5 times before, but its real this time" move.

When I try to guess who it will be I keep coming back to 6A when I was trying to guess who Charles was. The thought that Charles = CeCe never entered my mind, so I assume anyone I guess now will be completely wrong.

16 hours ago, mac123x said:

When I try to guess who it will be I keep coming back to 6A when I was trying to guess who Charles was. The thought that Charles = CeCe never entered my mind, so I assume anyone I guess now will be completely wrong.

To be fair, everything pointed away from it being Cece. I don't think anyone expected a transgender storyline, especially one where they happen to be the person torturing the Liars. It really made no sense, since we clearly saw Charles having dark brown/black hair in several shots and they never indicated that A was wearing a wig on top of everything else. 

So just expect something totally unexpected and it'll be more likely to happen than something that makes sense. 

For example, my new crack theory is that Byron Montgomery is Uber A. Why? Because why not? But it also can make too much sense for this show, so I know it won't happen. It's not like Chad Lowe is suddenly unavailable. He keeps directing episodes, so we KNOW he's around, just not seen as Byron anymore (when was the last time we even saw him on screen?).

I am thinking about if Marlene will finally go back to Wren as Uber A, especially since they just brought him back for no more than a scene thus far. Unfortunately, it'll probably be him working for Twincer, since that's the popular theory and I guess King wants a twin storyline or something (despite them already inserting Mary Drake into the mess). 

At this point, the show is dragging too many questions into the last few episodes, so the reveal will most likely be unsatisfying. As long as it's not infuriating like the 6A finale. Man, that was the worst finale since the How I Met Your Mother series finale. 

• Love 2

I am still hoping it is Spencer or Aria.  Other then that the only other person who makes sense is Ezra.   Or possibly Mona.  That it was Mona.  That it was always Mona.   Hell I'd be happy with Hanna.  

Anyone else makes so sense.  (Unless its Emily and Emily dear sweet Emily has been playing everyone from the start)  

None of the Liars are A, I'm just chuckling at anyone thinking along the lines that silly. Take this a little more seriously, even if the series is a joke.

Aria's current plot is just dopey fanservice for all those years of people screaming for her to be A.

A will be a recurring character. Hopefully linked to a main Liar this time, unlike CeCe and her abysmally developed relationship with Alison.

(edited)

My money, since quite early on, was on Emily, but unfortunately I think the CeCe transgender furore means they are unlikely to go with another minority character (which is why Paige is also unlikely). 

Therefore, Hanna's Mother.  

Edited by Chinspinner
(edited)
11 hours ago, AftermathTV said:

None of the Liars are A, I'm just chuckling at anyone thinking along the lines that silly. Take this a little more seriously, even if the series is a joke.

Aria's current plot is just dopey fanservice for all those years of people screaming for her to be A.

A will be a recurring character. Hopefully linked to a main Liar this time, unlike CeCe and her abysmally developed relationship with Alison.

Why? The show is a joke. It is so full of retcons, plotholes, deus ex-machina and plain godawful writing that it literally could be anyone. Admittedly since the second half of this season they seem to be leaning towards the Spencer(twin/ sister, whatever) plotline. 

Edited by Chinspinner

I was SO sure it was going to be Nicole, but since we're not going anywhere with that storyline, I'm abandoning that theory. It was just a good bookend to the Charles/CiCi nonsense cop out...no one knew or could suspect. But why do we even have that story? And why does she look like an Aria doppelgänger? 

i got a good ideal who its not but since the board frowns on spoilers i have to keep what i think to myself since something released by EW basically confirmed that a while back

24 minutes ago, Froippi said:

i got a good ideal who its not but since the board frowns on spoilers i have to keep what i think to myself since something released by EW basically confirmed that a while back

You can always post your spoiler in the spoiler thread if it's confirmed or you're afraid of people not wanting to see it. Being a curious person who has no self restraint, I'm very much interested in seeing it. Spoiler threads are always fair game for anything, well, spoiler-y. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

You can always post your spoiler in the spoiler thread if it's confirmed or you're afraid of people not wanting to see it. Being a curious person who has no self restraint, I'm very much interested in seeing it. Spoiler threads are always fair game for anything, well, spoiler-y. 

i put a link to the EW photos in the spoiler thread so you take a look at see what it confirms to you and reply in the spoiler thread not to mention the photos our all over twitter also

Edited by Froippi
(edited)
43 minutes ago, ringwaldoeuvre said:

Wanting and predicting are two different things. Want it to be Alison or Ezra. Predict it will be Melissa or Wren.

oh yea i found a good theory on tumblr for Melissa as AD on tumblr for me a lot of evidence is point at the Hastings family i reblog it on tumblr blog to its not my theory though so i can't take credit

Edited by Froippi

I watched the second half of season 6 and then season 7 in three days, and then last night I had 2 separate dreams about the show and who Uber A was. The first one it was Aria's mom who was unmasked, and the second one, it was some random guy in a school gym that we only saw on the show and that they barely knew

I would love it be Aria, but that's never going to happen.