Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow, what an entitled attitude -- glad she didn't make it to finals!

See, I didn't get "entitled" at all. I felt it was well said. A little long and drawn out, but well-said nonetheless.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

See, I didn't get "entitled" at all. I felt it was well said. A little long and drawn out, but well-said nonetheless.

+1  I always kind of skim those huge paragraphs about God's plan but I don't think she meant to come across entitled or like WOE IS ME I DESERVE THIS. She probably is heart broken and trying to sound more optimistic than she feels right now.  IIRC Jenny was one of Taylor's (stumpy kicks racecar taylor) friends/coworkers at the race track? I feel like she's been trying out for a while and last year did make it to finals so ugh, i feel for her. 

Dang.  There really must be some great girls this year or else she bombed it. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

+1  I always kind of skim those huge paragraphs about God's plan but I don't think she meant to come across entitled or like WOE IS ME I DESERVE THIS. She probably is heart broken and trying to sound more optimistic than she feels right now.  IIRC Jenny was one of Taylor's (stumpy kicks racecar taylor) friends/coworkers at the race track? I feel like she's been trying out for a while and last year did make it to finals so ugh, i feel for her. 

Dang.  There really must be some great girls this year or else she bombed it. 

I'm going with the great girls this year. Oh how I wish we could all watch finals live...

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

There are some really pretty and talented girls they are sending to finals with the vets. 

I agree with your statement. The ones on the bubble from my point of view are:

Tasha Cruz - I don't think she has enough power in her dance, but if they are looking for only sex appeal...she is your girl. lol

Selina - Boring and easy to forget

Kelsey - I really like her but unless she has made a huge improvement, I think she will be cut for the same reason as Tasha

Milan - Boring and easy to forget

Heather H - she is on the bubble for me - hope she has an amazing solo

As far as older vets being cut, it could happen and a few I have in mind just from watching them dance are:

Simone - I like her too but her dance is not the best.

Stephanie - I really like her but???

I just have a feeling that its going to be another blood bath cut during finals. There are too many amazing girls that are going up against the vets. JMHO!

My thoughts of girls who may be on the bubble:

Simone-She did look soft during the swimsuit calendar shoot. She may be cut if she did not tone up.

Tasha-She seems a little phony to me. I do not see a DCC when I look at her.

Kelsey-She was definitely not a favorite of Kelli and Judy. She probably was chosen for her looks. She needs to bring her A++ game to finals because she got Kelli's she is teachable and has potential spiel at the end of TC last year aka Kelli's kiss of death.

Milan-Another one I do not see DCC in her.

I really like Heather H and Kelli seemed to praise her a lot. I think she'll be fine. I hope Kelsey makes it again, I grew to like her a lot. 

Heather H got a Barbie for her solo last year do hopefully she'll do well again this time. 

Is it August yet? I can't wait for MTT to start! 

• Love 6

Has anyone ever seen DCC Tasha dance. You would think out of all the post she does daily she would post one of her dancing. That just seems really suspect to me. I think she was chosen for her looks..

Also, we still don't truly know who the so called "mean girl" was in Jessica's group. That person will likely be cut. 

I hope they do have fan vote, that the only way we will see who all made TC. Did Shelly say if they are having fan vote?

3 minutes ago, cvogue said:

I really like Heather H and Kelli seemed to praise her a lot. I think she'll be fine. I hope Kelsey makes it again, I grew to like her a lot. 

Heather H got a Barbie for her solo last year do hopefully she'll do well again this time. 

Is it August yet? I can't wait for MTT to start! 

Agreed on Heather H! I thought she looked WAY too young at first but glammed up a lot once she made the team.  I actually thought she would win ROTY.  I have a feeling she will make show group this year. 

As for Kelsey, don't forget she was top 10 at finals last year...i.e. she has a lot of fans on the judging panel.  and honestly, i don't think she had a bad season? they picked her for a lot of big photo ops too (like 70s throwback).  I don't think she'll be a show group girl or anything but i think if she does well at finals she'll be back.  I am, of course, biased though :) 

3 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Has anyone ever seen DCC Tasha dance. You would think out of all the post she does daily she would post one of her dancing. That just seems really suspect to me. I think she was chosen for her looks..

Also, we still don't truly know who the so called "mean girl" was in Jessica's group. That person will likely be cut. 

YES.  I actually was thinking about that the other day when i was watching the clip of Neecie's choreo...i was trying to find Tasha because yeah, can't remember ever really seeing her dance?? she is borderline for me and i actually do like her. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed on Heather H! I thought she looked WAY too young at first but glammed up a lot once she made the team.  I actually thought she would win ROTY.  I have a feeling she will make show group this year. 

As for Kelsey, don't forget she was top 10 at finals last year...i.e. she has a lot of fans on the judging panel.  and honestly, i don't think she had a bad season? they picked her for a lot of big photo ops too (like 70s throwback).  I don't think she'll be a show group girl or anything but i think if she does well at finals she'll be back.  I am, of course, biased though :) 

YES.  I actually was thinking about that the other day when i was watching the clip of Neecie's choreo...i was trying to find Tasha because yeah, can't remember ever really seeing her dance?? she is borderline for me and i actually do like her. 

I like Tasha too and I was looking for her too, in all of their group dances. I re-watch several times trying to find her and I never can.  Was Kelsey in the Neecie Noodle video? Also, Tasha does a lot of appearances for DCC. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I like Tasha too and I was looking for her too, in all of their group dances. I re-watch several times trying to find her and I never can.  Was Kelsey in the Neecie Noodle video? Also, Tasha does a lot of appearances for DCC. 

That's true...I think Tasha is probably a reliable person to put on appearances.  She is older than a lot of the other girls, other pro cheer/dance experience and they can probably trust her to stay professional, etc. 

• Love 2

I don't know if this is a message meant for Sarah I little sis Tessa but she posted on intagram telling all of the girls who did not make finals to keep pushing and never give up. 

Jenny's post made me sad, I thought she had a good chance of getting into finals. Maybe she bombed the combo or her kicks were low.

45 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Me neither. A little eyeroll worthy, but that's it. Maybe God has a bigger plan than for you to shake your T&A in a modified bikini. Maybe he wants you to actually do something useful in His name - feed the poor, help the sick, help widows and orphans, etc. 

I'm all for girls expressing their faith. I am a woman of faith and I also danced for as long as I could.  I did not dance on DCC level or in anything that required anything skimpy. It just didn't happen. Not saying I would've or wouldn't have, because the opportunity was not there without moving cross country to even try, and that was not what I wanted, besides the fact that these girls today are 10x better than the first seasons, when I would've been at the best life stage to do this.

However, the whole "God wants me to shake it in a bikini for his glory and as a testimony" is so stupid to me. You didn't make it. It's disappointing and hurts your heart, but this whole thing was a little much. 

Also - I honestly don't see any vets on the bubble unless all the stuff about Selina not fitting in and being mean is true, which we have zero shreds past speculation to base that on. Kelsy and Tasha are two of the glam girls now. Tasha irritate me with the "this is all for my daughter", but she has the look, shape, dance ability and spokesperson stuff perfected. Yuko ain't going nowhere. Simone is a really good dancer and not out of shape. Allie and Milan, who I can't tell apart, are both good dancers. Brunette Heather just looks annoying to me, but she is a really good performer. 

• Love 7

Thanks to everyone who posted (and keeps posting) pics and updates from auditions! It definitely looks like a solid group of rookie candidates will give the vets a run for their money this year. I didn't know that @ShellyB's daughter was trying out (along with 99% of the rest of these ladies). She is beautiful and looks so much like her mom! I wish her the best of luck with finals and hope she makes it to TC. I also hope she doesn't get a bunch of hate for being the daughter of DCC leadership, a la a certain CT. If we're comparing daughters of DCC "royalty," I pick little Bramhall over Victoria K any day, as Dayton appears to be a stronger performer with DCC style than Victoria. (I get it that V is a year younger and not trying out til next year.) 

They may have had lower audition numbers this year, but with 80+ ladies going into finals, it appears that the quality of rookie candidates was quite high. This probably makes for less footage for the "did these ladies really try out?" segment in every premiere episode, but I think that's a great trade for more strong candidates. Don't get me wrong--I love that segment. But I love watching kickass dancers more. It looks like a reasonably diverse group going to finals--several pretty women of color who appear to be strong dancers and some blondes who might boost the diminished DCC ranks in those categories. I especially hope some of these Latinas make it to camp, as I've always thought it odd how few are on this Texas team at any given time. 

I don't see Heather H as a bubble vet at all. I think she's a very strong dancer and has grown into her looks a bit--she was super cute when she tried out last year but I agree that she's stepped up the glam and she is in incredible shape. I doubt Tasha is on the bubble either. Really, the main vet I wonder about is Selina, because she looked a bit thicker in the middle while on the calendar shoot than I recalled from training camp or season pics. I've not been very convinced that she's a mean girl or can't control her meltdowns, so that's not my reason for worrying she's on the bubble. I guess I also wonder about Milan, because she never had that dcc look to me, but she has a great work ethic--and that fancy home dance studio at her parents' house to practice in and years of dance training to go with it. I think she's gotten more glam over the course of the year, but is one of few among last year's rookies who I didn't think really had the DCC look. 

So excited for interviews and finals news and pics! These ladies better know who the president is, be able to name a single book they've read, and that Jerry Jones was chosen for the football HOF this year. But truth--I also always enjoy the awful interviews segment in the finals episode. I just can't imagine showing up to an interview being so clueless about the organization or world. 

• Love 5

I really do hope that all vets make it back. Not because I like all of them, but unless they bomb their interview and the routine, I can't see any reason to cut them. I've said a lot of negative things about Yuko, but my issue was that she got in in the first place. It would be stupid to cut her now when they last year they seemed to love her. And as for the "mean girl", I assume that if they were holding a grudge against her, she would have been advised to retire. And as for Kelsey, I can totally picture them pretending she was outdanced because they don't like her. Still, i think that cutting a veteran without a very good reason (like very obvious weight gain) is definitely them getting rid of people they don't like. They are cutting so many new girls during TC so i believe that choosing to keep a veteran who has proven herself over a year makes more sense than choosing a bordeline girl who "has potential and is very hd friendly".

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, M1977G said:

They may have had lower audition numbers this year, but with 80+ ladies going into finals, it appears that the quality of rookie candidates was quite high. This probably makes for less footage for the "did these ladies really try out?" segment in every premiere episode, but I think that's a great trade for more strong candidates. Don't get me wrong--I love that segment. But I love watching kickass dancers more. It looks like a reasonably diverse group going to finals--several pretty women of color who appear to be strong dancers and some blondes who might boost the diminished DCC ranks in those categories. I especially hope some of these Latinas make it to camp, as I've always thought it odd how few are on this Texas team at any given time. 

Absolutely this! I'm thinking that's why there was a low turnout. It didn't look like there were any girls there that they could ask "Why is she even here?"

I'm a pretty positive and optimistic person most of the time. However, can someone please tell me when was the last time all of the vets that are trying to come back made it back to TC?? I don't doubt that they are all knowledgeable and all have dance backgrounds or they would not have made it in the first place. I just think if they don't make it back it will be because they got out danced and to be totally honest J&K&C might just pick a "cover girl" with ok dancing over someone who dances better. I think its all about balancing the squad, not just balancing based on hair color but also looks and dance ability. Hope that makes sense. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Did someone post this already? i am still trying to get fully caught up on this thread lol 

http://www.prodancecheer.com/?p=43949

I'm pretty sure the second pic in the collection is the five DMDs who auditioned?? 

Kelly Sherwood looks SO good...beautiful girl!! 

Who is 119? or maybe it's 234...augh do they change numbers between days? i think it's the beverly mitchell lookalike girl... they have a lot of pics of her! she is pretty but no clue who she is...

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did someone post this already? i am still trying to get fully caught up on this thread lol 

http://www.prodancecheer.com/?p=43949

I'm pretty sure the second pic in the collection is the five DMDs who auditioned?? 

I think this is the first post of those set of pics. Wow a lot of DMD. Who do we think made finals from the DMD group? I think Emily and Ansley. 

• Love 1
Just now, DCCFAN71 said:

I think this is the first post of those set of pics. Wow a lot of DMD. Who do we think made finals from the DMD group? I think Emily and Ansley. 

pretty sure Ansley did not which absolutely shocks me.  Know Reagan didn't.  Lexie and Alexis did tho, right? no clue who fifth one is. 

52 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Also, we still don't truly know who the so called "mean girl" was in Jessica's group. That person will likely be cut

I hope they do have fan vote, that the only way we will see who all made TC. Did Shelly say if they are having fan vote?

Didn't we confirm that it was Selina? 

• Love 1

omg dying at some of the pics they chose to post on prodance cheer...WTF! #46...i'd be so pissed. i mean, i guess the leap is good but all that hair so you can't even see face?! #whytho 

• Love 1

DCC-18.jpg

This girl is super pretty, idk her name but I hope she made it through to finals

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

DCC-18.jpg

This girl is super pretty, idk her name but I hope she made it through to finals

yes! this is one i was referring to above! they have a ton of pics of her and she is gorgeous...anyone know who she is?? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow, what an entitled attitude -- glad she didn't make it to finals!

Right, if that's the most bitter pill she's ever swallowed, she's in for a rude awakening when/if she grows up. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Absolutely this! I'm thinking that's why there was a low turnout. It didn't look like there were any girls there that they could ask "Why is she even here?"

Oh there has to be at least one with a hair scrunchie and a tube top, give me something funny to look forward to... Please?

• Love 2
Just now, Sandiedog said:

Oh there has to be at least one with a hair scrunchie and a tube top, give me something funny to look forward to... Please?

I saw a picture of what looked like a mom and daughter combo

10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

yes! this is one i was referring to above! they have a ton of pics of her and she is gorgeous...anyone know who she is?? 

Gina Ligi

• Love 1

Season 5 was when all the vets trying out again, but Amy R. was cut during TC. I do remember Judy saying they made history because of the fact all the re-auditioning vets made it to TC. Kelsey may have been top 10 and the judges like her, but when it comes down to it, Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte have the final say so in who makes the team. There has been girls in the past the judges fawned over who did not make it to TC, made it to TC but were cut, or even the case of Danielle who the judges did not care for in Season 8 wanted to cut her but Kelli and Charlotte overruled them. In Kelsey's case, I think someone was pushing her on the team because Judy and Kelli were not excited over her.

(edited)

Gina is followed by Holly, Jenna, Dak, Dez, Megan and Heather already

Edited by heatherrrrz
Just now, heatherrrrz said:

I saw a picture of what looked like a mom and daughter combo

Perfect, that will do???

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Nine girls are leaving the squad. If they decide to stay with 37 girls, nine spots will be opened. If they go with a team of 36, eight spots will be opened if no vets are cut. I think there are a few vets on the bubble, so more spots may be opened.

Could you please tell me which nine are leaving? I haven't been under a rock, I've just not seen all the names together. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Yes

Hi everyone and good morning! Here is an updated list after a few new posts surfaced this morning :) 

No Update Yet
Gina Ligi @ginaligi
Breana Hobbs @breanahobbs
Marissa Nicole @queeenn_m
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Kori @koribell121
Samantha Vaughn @_samiv_
Rachael @rachaellynee
Meg McMurtie @meggy_mcmurtie
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Reana @tld_reana 
Cameron Resurreccion @cameron_res
Emily Morales @emily_morales
Tessa Grace @tesssagracee 
Ansley Jones @ansleyalyce
Lexie Sullivan @lexiesullivan26
Abby Stockton @abby_stockton_

Cut after Semis
Abby Penprase @abbypenprase
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Savana Christianson @savanaaaa
Mckynna Coconougher @mckynnakc
Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz
Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer
Whitney Robertson @itswhitnaay
Saundra Jessie @saundrairene
Katlyn Bartz @katlyn_bartz
Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle
Carly Townson @carlytownson 
Olivia Burks @o_buuurrksss
Karrie @karrie_ann17
Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Moving to Finals
Madi Allemier @madiallemier
Kelly Sherwood @kelly_sherwood 
Brennan @brennanashley
Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall
Kelly Hoover @kellyhoover
Kalyssa Singleton @kalyssaokc
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher
Alex Yap @alexgyap
Joi Noel @joiinoel (Private)
Sheridan Mcdowell @sheridangracemcdowell
Whitney Early @whitneyearly (Private)
Ally Cheatham @ally_cheatham
Lauren Parker @lamaparker
Bri Lutrell @brilutrell
Haleigh Sigwalt @haleighanneee
Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson
Brianna Wilhere @briannawilhere_
Kali McKelson @kalimckelson
Alexis Peterson @alexispetersonn
Chenise Johnson @chenisej
Kristin Dodd @Kdodd_10
Gianna Sciortino @giiiaannaa
Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15
Alise Garcia @lilbitalise
Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24
Taryn Tompkins @taryntompkins
Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver
Randi Sundquist @randisundquist
Erin Sauerhage @erin_sauerhage
Alexandria Stavropoulos @alexandriastav
Christina Riccelli @ccriccelli

Brittney Bree-Nicole confirmed on FB a few hours ago that she made finals!!! YES!! (brittney_bree_nicole on IG but private) 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

omg dying at some of the pics they chose to post on prodance cheer...WTF! #46...i'd be so pissed. i mean, i guess the leap is good but all that hair so you can't even see face?! #whytho 

WTF!!! lol #84 is hilarious!! 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Perfect, that will do???

Could you please tell me which nine are leaving? I haven't been under a rock, I've just not seen all the names together. 

Amy T, Megan, Melissa, Jax, Danielle, Jessica, Mandy (since the pic below was made), Jennifer and Claire. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Did all the vets make it back into training camp, or are we not at that point yet?

That's this weekend, we'll find out probably Saturday night. 

I'm interested to know why that Gina girl is followed by two members of the team and like 4 girls already on the team.

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

That's this weekend, we'll find out probably Saturday night. 

So, are interviews Saturday or do they set aside 2 days for interviews (Fri/Sat) considering there are so many finals. Which day do they do solos? 

oops so many girls who made finals

1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, are interviews Saturday or do they set aside 2 days for interviews (Fri/Sat) considering there are so many finals. Which day do they do solos? 

oops so many girls who made finals

They probably have interviews on nights throughout the week. Usually the finals day is the combo, on the field and then solos

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

They probably have interviews on nights throughout the week. Usually the finals day is the combo, on the field and then solos

Yea, I do remember all of that... thanks

18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Brittney Bree-Nicole confirmed on FB a few hours ago that she made finals!!! YES!! (brittney_bree_nicole on IG but private) 

Koribell121 posted 4 hours ago in instagram that she did not make finals. 

(edited)
15 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

It will be interesting to go back and look at the audition photos once we get to know the girls on MTT

Yes it will, that's really why I liked the fan vote, I could go through and write their name down along with yes, no, or ? maybe. ?

Edited by Sandiedog
  • Love 4