Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Guest GingerVidas
On 5/13/2017 at 3:04 PM, imcomingforyou214 said:

Wow... just wow... that is all I have to say. I guess all will be revealed in due time #KarmasAB. Like c'mon, it's 2017 - SHE couldn't possibly think that it wasn't going to come out before the finals. That would have been a rookie move ... or better yet, 'veteran move'! Lolololol 

Question about this to @imcomingforyou214 and also to @TiaGrace because you <3ed it.  What the heck does this refer to?  What's the backstory that will be revealed?  And who is the rookie or veteran that has karma coming to them?   What does it all mean?   #hatepublicsecrets  #sayitdontsayit 

• Love 3

Ugh. Here we go again.

28 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if CMT is filming right now the new girls moving down to Dallas, getting settled in apartments, etc?? Or do you think they wait till after Memorial Day? that was part of the show I've always enjoyed, seeing them with their uhauls, moving into a new place with another girl on the squad...wondering to myself just how awkward it would be if a week in one of you is cut... (seriously, how DOES that work? does cut girl just decide to stay on for rest of summer to foot her part of rent??) 

And maybe this should go into Current DCC thread, but it was interesting that so many of the vets IG'd getting their uniforms back.  I don't remember seeing that before? I admit the material of the shorts and top look a lot prettier than i thought so close up. 

Who was the one that was living in her car?! Wait, wasn't that the same one with apostrophe eyebrows? And she did this creepy bent-knee twerk/hip pump move that GROSSED ME OUT.

I loved watching them group up and pick a place. Member Brooke and Julie Jacobs and Megan Flaherty got a place and they had to draw for the best room?

4 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ugh. Here we go again.

Who was the one that was living in her car?! Wait, wasn't that the same one with apostrophe eyebrows? And she did this creepy bent-knee twerk/hip pump move that GROSSED ME OUT.

I loved watching them group up and pick a place. Member Brooke and Julie Jacobs and Megan Flaherty got a place and they had to draw for the best room?

Paige lived out of her car!  

Not sure about the eyebrow girl LOL so many have had terrible brows (I would be in that boat if i went to TC LOL) 

Oh wow! was that julie in the group of three? I forgot who third one was...I do remember that though - it was a cute place! 

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Paige lived out of her car!  

Not sure about the eyebrow girl LOL so many have had terrible brows (I would be in that boat if i went to TC LOL) 

Oh wow! was that julie in the group of three? I forgot who third one was...I do remember that though - it was a cute place! 

It was like, Karisa? Maybe? She tried out two years in a row and made it to TC the first time but not the second. Kitty or Judy said she talked her way into TC I think?

And didn't they have like a "dedicated" building for a while where a bunch of them lived? I think you could see Valley Ranch from the balconies. I wonder if they try to live close to one another. I wonder if they have creepy stalkers? Other than us I mean.

• Love 3
Guest GingerVidas
7 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ugh. Here we go again.

Do you know what it means?   It's not from the person who said things yesterday.  Her stuff just reminded me of this one.  It's from a different person, wonder what it means?

ON 5/13/2017 AT 3:04 PM, IMCOMINGFORYOU214 SAID:

Wow... just wow... that is all I have to say. I guess all will be revealed in due time #KarmasAB. Like c'mon, it's 2017 - SHE couldn't possibly think that it wasn't going to come out before the finals. That would have been a rookie move ... or better yet, 'veteran move'! Lolololol 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, GingerVidas said:

Do you know what it means?   It's not from the person who said things yesterday.  Her stuff just reminded me of this one.  It's from a different person, wonder what it means?

Nope! don't know don't care.

Also, welcome, looks like you're a BRAND new account! Getting lots of those lately. :-D

Edited by QuiteCalM
removed stupid post that doesn't need to be re-posted
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Wow lots of drama and almost getting as bad as Facebook was after the election.  Hope people don't take this forum to a toxic place.  Notice like QuiteCalM that there are many Johnny come lately!

I have SO many other questions I want answered too LOL! I WISH we had a flipping insider with some deets, man!

Also, I really REALLY want a new show intro. I am dying to know what new bits Shelly said they are putting in for us! 13 episodes! AAAHHH!!!!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

It was like, Karisa? Maybe? She tried out two years in a row and made it to TC the first time but not the second. Kitty or Judy said she talked her way into TC I think?

And didn't they have like a "dedicated" building for a while where a bunch of them lived? I think you could see Valley Ranch from the balconies. I wonder if they try to live close to one another. I wonder if they have creepy stalkers? Other than us I mean.

oh gosh, karissa haha the one who had some scary pics too for her 'portfolio' - who raised her baby brother essentially? 

YES! i remember the apartment building where so many lived! they had that pool party and practiced the dances IN the pool  lol

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

oh gosh, karissa haha the one who had some scary pics too for her 'portfolio' - who raised her baby brother essentially? 

YES! i remember the apartment building where so many lived! they had that pool party and practiced the dances IN the pool  lol

OMG that's right yes. She had some like, bikini contest pics or something that Kelli found distasteful.

I mean, I can see their livers when they kick in those uniforms. Is it the sleeves that makes them tasteful in Kelli's mind LOL? I am wondering if this year they'll keep the more generously cut shorts some appeared to have...

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I wondered if they "staged" that because if you watch, when they're all hooting and hollering at each other, some girls come out from a ground floor unit, which could be the poolhouse/ common area. My guess is that 3-ish apartments were occupied by DCCs and they made it look like all the vets lived there. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, crazydegulady said:

TCC Molly was on the same dance team as Maggie 

The Oregon duck is strong dance team alot them end up auditioning for dcc , You also find alot of DCC & Hopefuls coming from LSU and maybe DCC does recruiting there , Just like most Laker girls and La ram cheerleader are from UCLA dance team

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if CMT is filming right now the new girls moving down to Dallas, getting settled in apartments, etc?? Or do you think they wait till after Memorial Day? that was part of the show I've always enjoyed, seeing them with their uhauls, moving into a new place with another girl on the squad...wondering to myself just how awkward it would be if a week in one of you is cut... (seriously, how DOES that work? does cut girl just decide to stay on for rest of summer to foot her part of rent??) 

And maybe this should go into Current DCC thread, but it was interesting that so many of the vets IG'd getting their uniforms back.  I don't remember seeing that before? I admit the material of the shorts and top look a lot prettier than i thought so close up. 

I'm so curious about this too!  I love the TC footage but am also so curious about the girls (not in a creepy way).  It's just interesting to see how they move down there, figure out job situation and living situation, and then what happens should they get cut?  It's also interesting to see how they support themselves because no joke, when I was in college, I was either working to pay tuition or studying.  I can't imagine being a pro dancer as well. 

Would love the "insider" look to things!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

I hope they refer to the new girls as Rookie Candidates, not TCCs, in TC. They're not TCCs when they're IN training camp. 

I think (I could be wrong) they mean that they're IN training camp and they're CANDIDATES to become DCCs? I know that doesn't make a ton of sense to me either. I could be off about this though.

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

I think (I could be wrong) they mean that they're IN training camp and they're CANDIDATES to become DCCs? I know that doesn't make a ton of sense to me either. I could be off about this though.

Actually I thought the same thing.  Calling them training camp dancers who are candidates to become DCCs takes too long :)

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

Actually I thought the same thing.  Calling them training camp dancers who are candidates to become DCCs takes too long :)

Ha! True that. I just said this on here a couple days ago, but I'll say it again.

It's like Dwight Shrute on The Office. He says he's the Assistant Manager, everyone else says he's the Manager's assistant LOL!

• Love 2

If it were me, I would obsess like crazy over the living situation.  I'd be all freaked out, worried that there are no vacancies in any nearby apartment complexes.  Maybe Natalie Woods would let me room with her & Yuko :)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If it were me, I would obsess like crazy over the living situation.  I'd be all freaked out, worried that there are no vacancies in any nearby apartment complexes.  Maybe Natalie Woods would let me room with her & Yuko :)

BWAAHAAA!!! I'm the same way. I'd be obsessed over many things that don't seem to affect these girls.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone know who these are?

20170513_dcc_finals_selects_jj22891.jpg

20170513_dcc_finals_selects_jj22816.jpg

blue dress 18424026_10154364161521035_8839218257774114917_n.jpg

seafoam 18425040_10154364161451035_8791913221430180812_n.jpg

Tried to figure out who is who from the album posted on the DCC facebook page, before finals lol 

First girl, haven't figured out for sure yet. 

Second girl seems to be Hanna from Portland.  The expression in that photo and in her pic in the FB album look almost identical. Not sure of her social media because no one in comments tagged her specifically. 

Third girl is definitely Kali from Des Moines! She stands out to me in looks so I was able to find her pretty quick. She looks a lot like DCC Kali which is kind of funny...but a little unfortunate because i wonder if being short and sort of top heavy hurt her chances :-/  

That fourth girl is Emily Wingard - found her pretty quick in the FB album and people actually tag her so I was able to find her IG in no time. 

https://www.instagram.com/emilyawingard/

• Love 1
Just now, pizzaislife said:

Can I be the house mother?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAA!! Yes, but only if you invite me to visit. And we stuff them with pizza. So I feel better about myself.

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Tried to figure out who is who from the album posted on the DCC facebook page, before finals lol 

First girl, haven't figured out for sure yet. 

Second girl seems to be Hanna from Portland.  The expression in that photo and in her pic in the FB album look almost identical. Not sure of her social media because no one in comments tagged her specifically. 

Third girl is definitely Kali from Des Moines! She stands out to me in looks so I was able to find her pretty quick. She looks a lot like DCC Kali which is kind of funny...but a little unfortunate because i wonder if being short and sort of top heavy hurt her chances :-/  

That fourth girl is Emily Wingard - found her pretty quick in the FB album and people actually tag her so I was able to find her IG in no time. 

https://www.instagram.com/emilyawingard/

Des Moines Kali is a standout for me too. Her extension (ON tip toes) is amazing.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

SPEAKING of Jay...was he a judge this year? Do they still do Jay workouts?!

Yep, he was a judge!

http://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/nightlife/sports-scene/article149331319.html

Saturday’s preliminary round featured the contestants in groups of five performing a freestyle routine for the judges panel, which included DCC Director Kelli Finglass, DCC Choreographer Judy Trammell, Dallas Cowboys Executive Vice President and Chief Brand Officer Charlotte Jones Anderson, Jay Johnson (Official Trainer of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders) and former cheerleader and past Dancing with the Stars champion Melissa Rycroft-Strickland.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

HAHAA!! Yes, but only if you invite me to visit. And we stuff them with pizza. So I feel better about myself.

I'd go full on Mean Girl's

They are Kalteen bars... my mother eats them to lose weight.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

They're probably knee deep in footage of the rookie candidates rehearsing in parking lots, wood-paneled rooms, and apartment complex gyms. 

• Love 5

What is your opinion on the "more generously cut" shorts?

Mine is that the random, more generously cut shorts stood out WAY too much next to the skimpier cut shorts.  And as odd is this may sound, that the skimpier cur shorts were more flattering.  The bigger shorts made these perfectly darling girls with figures I can only dream of, look like they were trying to hide a figure flaw.  There was no reason on this good green earth to put Kelsey (of all people) in bigger shorts!  It was maybe supposed to be a subtle change, but it was glaringly obvious when you have a Jenna in her little shorts with the curve of her tushy peeking out, standing next to a Kelsey whose shorts have 2" more fabric on them.  It made Kelsey, Yuko, Tasha etc, look frumpy in comparison. Matronly!  And none of these girls are frumpy nor matronly by any stretch of the imagination.  

I may be the minority, but I like the smaller shorts! I'm not talking shorts that are more bikini bottom than shorts, mind you. (Although if I had their figures I'd want my shorts to be "shorter than my attention span"!)

In this photo you can see that the vets have just a slightly smaller short than the rookies.  Especially Yuko's -her shorts seem cut higher at the waist and longer in length, and it stands out. 

What do you think?

IMG_1903.PNG

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I'd go full on Mean Girl's

They are Kalteen bars... my mother eats them to lose weight.

HAHAH!! Is butter a carb?

I'd go full-on step brothers and make some bunk beds for Holly and Madeline, so they have more room for activities.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyMsJay said:

I always found it kind of strange and impressive how quickly they were able to just find a move-in ready apartment

The out of towners probably reserved furnished apartments in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

What is your opinion on the "more generously cut" shorts?

Mine is that the random, more generously cut shorts stood out WAY too much next to the skimpier cut shorts.  And as odd is this may sound, that the skimpier cur shorts were more flattering.  The bigger shorts made these perfectly darling girls with figures I can only dream of, look like they were trying to hide a figure flaw.  There was no reason on this good green earth to put Kelsey (of all people) in bigger shorts!  It was maybe supposed to be a subtle change, but it was glaringly obvious when you have a Jenna in her little shorts with the curve of her tushy peeking out, standing next to a Kelsey whose shorts have 2" more fabric on them.  It made Kelsey, Yuko, Tasha etc, look frumpy in comparison. Matronly!  And none of these girls are frumpy nor matronly by any stretch of the imagination.  

I may be the minority, but I like the smaller shorts! I'm not talking shorts that are more bikini bottom than shorts, mind you. (Although if I had their figures I'd want my shorts to be "shorter than my attention span"!)

In this photo you can see that the vets have just a slightly smaller short than the rookies.  Especially Yuko's -her shorts seem cut higher at the waist and longer in length, and it stands out. 

What do you think?

IMG_1903.PNG

I agree that it is clearly inconsistent, when you have them next to each other, or dancing. I think that they are more flattering individually, but I don't feel like they lend any visual consistency when photographed together as a group.

Jenna looks like she's in a sears catalog in this picture.

• Love 2

Heh heh!  I think it looks like these are Stepford Wives and Jenna has just announced her pregnancy in the photo.

But then I have been watching The Handmaid's Tale -and reading the book- so I am in a seriously compromised  mind state!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

Heh heh!  I think it looks like these are Stepford Wives and Jenna has just announced her pregnancy in the photo.

But then I have been watching The Handmaid's Tale -and reading the book- so I am in a seriously compromised  mind state!

Wait...what?! Jenna's pregnant?? Didn't she audition again this year?

10 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Wait...what?! Jenna's pregnant?? Didn't she audition again this year?

Moni, I hope you're joking lol

(edited)

No, no.  Jenna is not pregnant! Ack!  No! ? 

I'm just saying, in this photo, it looks like the girls are just fawning over her...and I've been reading the Handmaid's Tale, which is creepy and I don't like scary movies or books and so it is affecting the way I see things!  

IMG_1903.PNG

Edited by Taryn Tempestwind
25 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

HAHAH!! Is butter a carb?

I'd go full-on step brothers and make some bunk beds for Holly and Madeline, so they have more room for activities.

Did we just become best friends....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

No, no.  Jenna is not pregnant! Ack!  No! ? 

I'm just saying, in this photo, it looks like the girls are just fawning over her...and I've been reading the Handmaid's Tale, which is creepy and I don't like scary movies or books is affecting the way I see things!  

IMG_1903.PNG

OHHH gotcha! I was like, WHAT?! There were so very many things I was confused about LOL! The Handmaid's tale is good, for sure. I read it after I saw the movie back in the 90s! Good stuff! You're right, this IS very OfJerry LOL!

@heatherrrrz seriously? Did it not kind of sound like that? I dunno. I thought it did.

3 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Did we just become best friends....

That happened. We've got a best friend club on here. It's extremely exclusive. Anyone can join and nobody ever has to pay dues. ;-D

• Love 1
(edited)

@heatherrrrz seriously? Did it not kind of sound like that? I dunno. I thought it did.

No, it definitely didn't sound like she's pregnant LOL

Edited by heatherrrrz
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

Welp, clearly it did to me! I guess I should cancel my column I'm writing about it.....

I'm sure Jenna would appreciate the attention though, whether good or bad...so don't cancel just yet.

LMAO WOOOO ZINGGGG!!!!

love her, but she's a tad thirsty

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

love her, but she's a tad thirsty

Just a tad....

2 minutes ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

This just in.  Unreliable sources.  Cannot confirm.

???

haha exactly. My I don't know what I'm talking about column. Catch the latest breaking falsehoods and theories as written by someone who can't usually remember which is her left or right hand without pretending to eat....

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

What do you think?

I think the nicest shorts length on that picture is Amy's.  

34 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Holy crap Jenna's are bordering on inappropriate short.

I remember some pictures of her from the side last year & they were so short it almost looked like she forgot to put shorts on.  

• Love 3