Type keyword(s) to search

Watch The Official Trailer For Feud

Primetimer

I AM SO HERE FOR THIS.

YESSSSSSS.

I don't know if I hallucinated it, but I thought I read somewhere that there was a project in the making about the Hopper/Parsons feud? I'm super-excited about this one, but if that happened, I might just pee on my chair (the way Parsons apparently did on the regular).

3 hours ago, starri said:

I'm sure I would probably love the show, but given that I currently find Susan Sarandon revolting, hard pass.

I'm right there with you. This is normally the kind of thing I would love but the sight of that woman makes viewing impossible.

• Love 1

given that I currently find Susan Sarandon revolting

Ohh, I know. Why can't Lange punt her in the head please?

I'm still in, though, and vaguely ashamed of it. But I can't help thinking of a friend's kid, who encountered the word "feud" for the first time in a book, and asked his mom what "FEE-uhd" meant. I will call this show Fee-uhd for all time. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:22 AM, BloggerAloud said:

Is it weird that like Joan and Bette had distinct speaking voices, especially Bette, and neither woman is trying to replicate it at all?

Agreed, that is disappointing mainly with Sarandon,  in those clips still talks like HERSELF! I'm guessing... maybe shouldn't get the voice down good enough that it was decided just don't do it at all or perhaps it's one of those things where you hear,  I just wanted to get the "essence" of the person and not do an imitation. Well boo on that. Davis had a distinctive and bigger than life personality, so not to even hear that vocally of  is a bummer. But I will see more for myself when it airs. I mean, I would hope she should at least sound more like her in the Baby Jane shooting scenes because Davis had a super distinctive sounding voice by then,especially an older Davis.  And I will be disappointed if we don't see that classic liner of Jane's:

Blanche: You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair.
Jane: But cha aah, Blanche, ya AAH in that chair.

BTW  - I am a huge BD fan and have a bunch of books about her, so when I heard Murphy was making this I pretty much flipped out. I even own the book Bette & Joan-The Divine Feud..... so I think I may do a quick scan/reread of it to remember some things that went on during that time.