Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Meet & Potatoes

• Start Topic

Everyone gets along beautifully and Vicki doesn't screech at anyone about Brooks. OR people dare to ask Vicki if she's still dating Brooks and she goes bat shit insane as per usual.  

I was actually surprised by this episode, she didn't flip the hell out when Heather and Tamera asked about Brooks. That dinner party though? New lady is NOT nice to her husband, who, to be fair seems pretty stupid. How on earth did he 1) think 8 bottles of wine would be enough and 2) only actually get 4? I mean does he not have eyes? He was clearly carrying only 4 bottles! Where did he think the other 4 went? That whole thing was confusing to me. New Lady (not learning her name yet) says she can't do all the cooking by herself so she has a "personal chef" to help and they still don't know how to properly cook potatoes? There were at points 5 people in that kitchen one of whom was ostensibly a professional, there should have been no concern about cutting the beef or cooking the potatoes. I'm confused as to why the soup was served in cups to everyone while they were still sitting in the living room. I'm just so confused by this whole dinner. 

I cannot stand Shannon.  Having jewels ground down and put in to her teeth?  What in the hell?  Those top teeth are too damn big anyway.  All this feng shui, and her house being green and she drives a damn SUV.  She is just looney.  Perhaps because I just came off of RHoBH and Carlton with her crystals and such, but I just cannot with Shannon.  Her husband and her HATE each other.  You really could cut the tension with a knife whenever they are on screen.  I really don't think I would admit to people that I just met that my husband does not want to be alone with me.

Did Terry really call CoCo a bitch??

Tamra and her wanting to have a baby with Eddie because she only gets her other kids 50% of the time?  Get the fuck outta here.  Her and Eddie aren't going to last either.  Didn't she give beady eyes Ryan to her mom to raise when she married Simon?  She did look cute though when she was talking to Eddie while he was hanging the curtains and had her straight and her bangs pulled back.

I laughed at Michael when he was being an ass to Vicks. 

Vicks: "I run 3 miles on the treadmill." 
Michael: "I doubt that." 
Vicks: "It only takes me 45 minutes." 
Michael: "That's not very fast."

LMAO. I was laughing typing it.  I guess I am an asshole too.  ::shrug::  Also, it takes me about the same amount of time to run 3 miles anywhere, so there's that.

Sometimes Vicks looks pretty.  Like, in her TH's.  But when she was in the Tamra's bathroom and they were getting their makeup done, you could really tell how scarred her face is.  When she was on WWHL, it looked to me like she got her nose done.  She had that Kim Kardashian a lot more room btwn the nose and lip look. JMO.

• Love 2

Shannon's dinner party had me rolling as I was resting on the couch after being completely exhausted from hosting 25 people for Easter dinner for which I did ALL the shopping, ALL the cooking and ALL the cleaning with no help.  It can be done.  And the food was delicious and homemade.  Seriously, it can be done.  

I have to say I am loving Shannon and her husband's dynamic.  I've known quite a few married people who are constantly tense and nitpicky in each other's presence.  It's really uncomfortable if you are in the room with them, but really great television.

(Small voice):  I've called my 11 year old daughter a bitch behind her back to friends.  I think Terry was trying to be funny when he did that.  It fell flat, but I did understand what he meant.  He's still a douce for the whole motorcourt thing.  What the hell was that?!?!

• Love 3
I'm confused as to why the soup was served in cups to everyone while they were still sitting in the living room. I'm just so confused by this whole dinner.

And why did they cut the meat then serve the soup in the living room?  The meat should sit, whole, so the juices are absorbed and distributed and cut before serving.  And Shannon making a point that the soup was vegan - she's serving meat and has cheese in the potatoes.  Yeah, it's a odd dinner.  Also, with a house that big, you have your guests sit in a room where they can hear you complaining in the kitchen, smart.  

The only thing more odd was Tamra's Halloween party for ten people.  I know Bravo foots the bill for this crap, but that was a lot of set up for what looked like a small, boring party.  And the man sitting next to Vicki on the couch was trying way to hard to get a quippy sound bite.   

• Love 2

I loved how Shannon said her husband didn't think an Aries could be satisfied or something like that and he responded back that he didn't think a Sagittarius could satisfy an Aries which made a whole world of sense to him once he heard it. Then, she said, yes, and that's why he's constantly bringing it up. Even though, well, SHE brought it up. Ha. That whole dinner had me cracking up. To the points above, she had about 10 people in that kitchen and they still couldn't get it together. Yikes. Shannon is crazy for sure but I did have to giggle when she said, I'm someone who greens my entire house, yet drives an SUV. I want to be healthy, but I don't exercise. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Or something to that effect. At least she can own up to her crazy a little bit.

• Love 1

Shannon: 'hypocrite' did spring to mind.... But if she's so open about not living up to her 'public' ideals I guess I'll accept her version that she's a contradiction of herself instead.

David: never smiles at, or with, his wife. I think the only time I saw him smiling and laughing was when he was pouring drinks with Vicki and her friend at the dinner party.

Lots of tension, resentment, passive aggression, snippiness etc going on in that home. Sad. I enjoy some drama and some crazy, but I find their household uncomfortable to watch. Shannon out on her own is very entertaining though: crazy! I mean, her crystal implant dental work went from a quote of $20,000 to costing nothing because she saved a nation in a previous life?! Ha! Bet there's not one iota of crystal anywhere to be found in her teeth!

• Love 2

Vicki wants her daughter to live close to her, yet she herself moved away from Illinois when she was Briana's age.  See how it works, Vicki? 

Michael was downright hostile towards her during that whole segment in her house.  She paid for his college and provides the only real job he's ever had.  Maybe he should try to be less of a prick, at least while the cameras are on.  I can't imagine buying insurance from that guy -- he couldn't be less interested in his line of work if he tried.

• Love 1

Shannon's husband is as thick as a plank and its obvious that their marriage is failing. But she is weird with some of her green and health ideas, yet I bet she dyes her hair. Her kids also seem a bit strange---the one daughter looked like a pimp with that hat.

Last season, didn't Brooks admit that he DID abuse Vicki, but she keeps saying that he's never abused her? I thought at the end of season show that Brooks did say, after a lot of pressure and yelling that he abused Vicki.

Michael needs a good slap. He's beginning to remind me of Jenna's obnoxious, baseball player, son. Actually, both of Vicki's kids need a good whupping.

Shannon is crazy for sure but I did have to giggle when she said, I'm someone who greens my entire house, yet drives an SUV. I want to be healthy, but I don't exercise. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Or something to that effect. At least she can own up to her crazy a little bit.

I loved when she said that because I get it.  I often feel the same way.  Like, I try but don't always get there 100%.  Not unusual to look in the mirror and say, "Girl, what the HELL are you doing?

No question, she's a nutter, though.

I was rewatching season one not too long ago, and caught the episode where Lauri was pushing Vicki to try Botox and Vicki was so resistant. Vicki looks very very different this season. Not necessarily bad different, but I always thought her dimples were her best feature, and they're not really as prominent anymore. I guess everyone ages and it's hard in front of the camera. I do like her new hairdo she has now(it's on her Instagram, I don't think she has it shorter onscreen yet.)

I have to say I am loving Shannon and her husband's dynamic. I've known quite a few married people who are constantly tense and nitpicky in each other's presence. It's really uncomfortable if you are in the room with them, but really great television.

Hmm...Adrianne Maloof and her ex husband come to mind when I see Shannon and her husband together. It looks like there's more than tension and bickering going on between them -- more like zero respect and lack of love. I don't see them together in 2 years.