Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: The Romance Recalibration

I think the way it's been presented pretty much always implied it a was 2-bedroom. I don't think we've even seen a full on exterior shot, but given the porch I always got the vibe it was basically a 2-bedroom bungalow? Of which there should be plenty whereish they theoretically live. Yes the layout on the first floor is three bigish rooms, but if it's a bungalow the second story can easily be smaller, plus the landing from the stairs and hallwayness takes up space.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 2
On 1/20/2017 at 1:26 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Howard's remark that he hoped the baby "would get as much sex in here as I did when I had the room" was really gross and seemed to be a whiff of pedophilia that tainted the ep.

Oh I took that completely differently - that as a father he wanted Halley to have *no* sex in that room (like he didn't...)

ETA: Sigh. Again I fall victim to eager-posting. Sorry to all who already answered this!

Edited by betsyboo
redundancy acknowledgement
  • Love 5

If I recall correctly, the spare room on the ground floor next to the kitchen was the Den until Mrs. W. hurt herself (broke her hip was it?), and they moved her in there so she'd be on the ground floor. When she got better that room went to Stuart who stayed to care for her. The furniture from in there went to Stuart for his comic book shop when it re-opened. So yes, basically a 2-bedroom bungalow but the den was turned into a 3rd bedroom. Still only the one bathroom though and it's upstairs...

• Love 2
On 1/19/2017 at 10:26 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Another episode written in someone's sleep. I may have laughed once.

Bernadette and Howard have so much money they could quickly get a thick carpet installed in that bedroom, or they could hire a night baby nurse for awhile. If the baby isn't getting adequate milk from Bernadette, or if the baby has colic, she would cry a lot too--easily fixed by supplementing the diet with bottles. 

Howard's remark that he hoped the baby "would get as much sex in here as I did when I had the room" was really gross and seemed to be a whiff of pedophilia that tainted the ep.

Didn't he end that sentence with the word "none"?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QTBlueMoon said:

Didn't he end that sentence with the word "none"?

I just looked up the episode "script" online (it's actually seems to be text from the recorded episode's audio file) and it shows:

It's nice to think that you grew up in this room and now your daughter's going to as well.
Mm.
I hope she has the same amount of sex in it I did.
None

So, IMO, "none" is supposed to be the punchline to the "joke" set up by the preceding line. Poor taste, and seems too far for the character — at least I hope it is.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

TVLine Quotes of the Week:

THE BIG BANG THEORY

“It’s nice to think that you grew up in this room and now your daughter is going to, as well.”

“I hope she has the same amount of sex in it that I did: None.”

Raj (Kunal Nayyar) and Howard (Simon Helberg) discuss what it will (presumably) be like for Halley to grow up in her father's childhood bedroom

• Love 1

Stupid question time, how can it be a bungalow but have an upstairs?

It could be a 1 1/2 story house.  I've lived in two homes like that.  Usually though, there are 2 smaller bedrooms and 1 bathroom on the upper floor.  From the scenes in the hallway in front of Howard's old room, it doesn't appear to have another bedroom or a bathroom.   I always like to figure out the layouts of my shows' houses/apartments.  Maybe I'm weird, but I like to visualize the layout as it would be in real life.  The ones that drive me crazy are when they show the outside shots, and they don't match the inside (Everybody Loves Raymond).  Window & door placement are off, etc. 

Thanks o-gal for the correction on fixing the floors!  My hubby's fixed them before, and I was thinking that he used nails instead of screws, but he corrected me too!  :)  

• Love 2

Did I miss an earlier episode that talked about Stuart painting murals in the nursery?  I found it hard to pay attention to the floor because I was trying to see all the detail on the walls.

4 hours ago, Frost said:

Did I miss an earlier episode that talked about Stuart painting murals in the nursery?  I found it hard to pay attention to the floor because I was trying to see all the detail on the walls.

They mentioned painting the nursery previously and Raj said he would do it, but Stuart said he should since he was the artist. I guess they meant murals instead of just painting the walls. Or both.

• Love 1

Ok, so I guess I am the only person who solved sneaky floors by going down to the basement and shimming  the base floor and the cross beams?

I will add that after I was married my husband put on  a ton of weight farted every where and would walk around during in his underwear. Yet when I could not walk after breaking my leg and eating my husband's fatty cooking so gained 10 pounds, he criticized me a lot for becoming a fatty and not keeping myself nice for him.  Note now an ex. 

Edited by holly4755
autocorrect is dumb
  • Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, holly4755 said:

I will add that after I was married my husband put on  a ton of weight farted every where and would walk around during in his underwear. Yet when I could not walk after breaking my leg and eating my husband's fatty cooking so gained 10 pounds, he criticized me a lot for becoming a fatty and not keeping myself nice for him.  Note now an ex. 

YES! Been there; done that; got the t-shirt :)

And when I broke my foot and asked for some food, he said ,"get it yourself. that way you'll learn." For further rants I'll go to small talk.

• Love 2

This was kind of a lackluster episode, IMO. And what's with the weird broadcast schedule? I watched Ep. 10.12 after the holiday hiatus and forgot about the show until tonight. Was surprised to see that I only missed one new episode in three weeks.

On 01/29/2017 at 7:44 PM, LaChavalina said:

And what's with the weird broadcast schedule? I watched Ep. 10.12 after the holiday hiatus and forgot about the show until tonight. Was surprised to see that I only missed one new episode in three weeks.

The broadcast schedule is because the show comes back in the fall and runs pretty steadily through November sweeps to advertise new shows, keep viewers from checking out new series on other networks, cross promote with NFL, etc. They also need first run eps for February and May sweeps. So that's most of the season right there. The show reruns well so they show repeats instead of longer hiatuses and uninterrupted runs or "mini-seasons" like many other shows. It's a bit of throwback to the days before streaming and cord-cutting. Like the shorter running time and increased commercials it's the way things used to be done and only seems weird to us now because it's one of the few broad based hits that works under the traditional model of network television.

Edited by wknt3
cleaned up a couple things
  • Love 3