Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Primer Contact

paigow

Bob Lee, Julie, Nadine and Isaac work together to breach the Russian Embassy to save Mary and shut down the conspiracy.

ETA: Disguised as house painters????

Edited by paigow

Unless this was covered in the first 7 minutes (which I missed) I didn't understand what they were trying to convey regarding the firing pin and showing the flashback of Swagger.  But then the last four episodes were pretty convoluted and I was mostly lost anyway.  Still, I'll watch when it comes back. 

8 hours ago, solea said:

Unless this was covered in the first 7 minutes (which I missed) I didn't understand what they were trying to convey regarding the firing pin and showing the flashback of Swagger.  But then the last four episodes were pretty convoluted and I was mostly lost anyway.  Still, I'll watch when it comes back. 

Earlier in the series, (before he was framed) Bob Lee and his wife came home at night and the light was on in his work shop.  He knew someone had been in there, so as a precaution he adjusted the firing pin to make gun in operable.  

I was so confused by a lot of this.  Especially how everyone found everyone else (with the exception of the tracking device in the cookie...).  Was also confused by the introduction of yet another character-NSA Director?

But, yep, I'll be back this summer.

I wonder how many takes and/or scene cuts the action in the woods required.  (Running up pine needle covered slope) "Huff, puff, can I get a cut, here?"  "Cut!"

I liked how the FBI rushed to the scene, sirens wailing (gotta get those deer off that forest road), only to stop at the drop off point, set up their little command center tent, and mill around.  Waiting for one side or the other to come back down the hill, I guess.

10 hours ago, morriss said:

He knew someone had been in there, so as a precaution he adjusted the firing pin to make gun in operable.  

I was momentarily taken aback there in the CIA office, until I remembered that the scene was lifted whole cloth from the original movie, with the exception of Swagger being on the opposite end.

So once the daughter is rescued a rouge FSB agent decides to invade America. Meanwhile the FBI sits at the bottom of the hill, force protection don't you know, except for one Agent and his old CO with personal contact to the Russian's potential victim. Meanwhile the County Sheriff doesn't show up while some madman is blowing away one of his motels with a shotgun. The entire process to set up a reason for one last long distance shot was eye rolling.

So that scene at the end showing he filed down the firing pin so it wouldn't shoot basically makes the whole show moot right? If he always knew the gun wouldn't fire then he had proof the whole time he was innocent. I am so confused. 

Swagger visits former instructor O'Brien who explains there are only four rifles in the world that could have made the shot, the Black Kings.  After bonding, and killing some bad guys, O'Brien gives Swagger his Black King -- the King of Spades, as it happens.

Thanks to Google, Swagger meets up with a Big Hat at the gun show, who shows him a second Black King, the King of Clubs.  He shows Swagger a video of Lon Scott firing a Black King over 1500 yards, and putting six in the bull.

The question is:  Which "Black" King does Lon Scott have?  King of Hearts?  Or King of Diamonds?

This show definitely had its confusing parts but I find I didn't care - just bingewatched the whole season since yesterday.  LOVE it.  

So is the NSA lady bad or is she just running a special ops team to take down Minchum, Kikoroff (sp?) and Lon Scott?  

And yeah they lifted that last scene straight out of the movie - but wouldn't that make all of this moot?

Either way - I love this show - I loved the movie too - this is even more satisfying - I think Cynthia Addai-Robinson (sp?) was definitely a breakout star in this show - she stole the show for me.  Loved Bob Lee Swagger (what a name) - but he's a bit wooden.  I guess I don't mind.  Between this and Taken, this is totally better.  There is something really satisfying about seeing someone make a shot from 1500 yards away.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:52 AM, scribe95 said:

So that scene at the end showing he filed down the firing pin so it wouldn't shoot basically makes the whole show moot right? If he always knew the gun wouldn't fire then he had proof the whole time he was innocent. I am so confused. 

He told us why - he's after justice, not freedom.