Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The D Pic

• Start Topic

Okay I Google imaged searched Kristen's claims- for science. If you use Google Image Search, that is exactly what pops up (in fact the first pic is of our current POTUS). And yeah the rest of the pics are all politicians in navy blue suits with American flags. I did not try the experiment without SafeSearch on,  but I'm assuming it's quite different. And I think SafeSearch is Google's default setting for image searches. However PI Kristen should (would?) notice that.

During the episode I assumed she was making a joke a la Anthony Weiner at al.  My partner thought she was talking about leaving SafeSearch on and coming up with Richard Nixon pictures (!?!?)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, aussieinsydney said:

Didn't you get the joke though? After she said it was difficult to google a dick pic, the punchline was something like when she did google for dick pics, all she got was pictures of old politicians in navy blue suits. Badum tish!

Ahhhh, no. I totally missed that. Either I'm a bit slow on the uptake or delivery was way off. 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

They went to El Coyote.  It's a classic.  I think it's been around since the 30s.

Is it the place that Jeff Lewis & crew used to frequent?

ETA: whoever said "witches of WeHo" HA!!

Who would agree to being roasted for their birthday?

Edited by DrSparkles
On 1/25/2017 at 11:10 AM, DrSparkles said:

ETA: whoever said "witches of WeHo" HA!!

Who would agree to being roasted for their birthday?

Anyone in my family would. We all have pretty good senses of humor. We clown on each other constantly. We also know the limits of what we can say in public. Over the holidays, we were laughing about how my nephew when he was 3 used to try to shame me into visiting more. I only lived a mile away, but when work got busy I'd only see them once a month. When I came over, he'd act like he had a hard time remembering who I was. He'd call me a bunch of different names of women he that he interacted with more frequently than me. He'd go through this whole list until he'd finally get my name right. "Aunt Marie? Aunt Ann? Miss Michelle? Miss Kim? Aunt Diane? Mrs. Jenkins? Aunt.....Hunter? Oooooooooooooooh, Aunt Hunter. That's who you are."

I was traveling to New Orleans with my brother and we saw this insufferable know it all teenager in the airport. I asked my brother who the teen reminded him of. He said he had no clue. I said that the teen was clearly me at 16. My brother laughs and responds he thought so too, but he didn't want to say it.

For the most part, Jax has a good sense of humor. He has to in order to show his face to these people after pulling as many ridiculous stunts as he's pulled.

I love the Witches of WeHo. I'm going to use that from now on.

• Love 3
On 1/16/2017 at 10:14 PM, SFoster21 said:

Ariana lives with Sandoval, who is Katie's fiancee's ace boon.  She and Katie are employed at the same place.  She's in the wedding party; it makes sense that she is at a relatively public event that is a part of the wedding festivities.  When Katie first became engaged, she was not friends with Stassi.  So, now, Ariana has to deal with Stassi and Kirsten even though she hadn't bargained for it.  She's not perfect, but Ariana makes a lot more sense to me than these others do.

I'm weeks behind and just trying to catch up on the shows/comments.  Having a teen daughter I hear a lot of slang but what is an ace boon?  I'm getting old 

btw totally agree about Ariana and why she's there 

1 hour ago, Rbonnie said:

I'm weeks behind and just trying to catch up on the shows/comments.  Having a teen daughter I hear a lot of slang but what is an ace boon?  I'm getting old 

btw totally agree about Ariana and why she's there 

It's an old term; best friend.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

3 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

It's an old term; best friend.

It's actually short for ace boon coon. I have no idea of the etymology of the term, but it was a phrase that used in the black community.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's actually short for ace boon coon. I have no idea of the etymology of the term, but it was a phrase that used in the black community.

Wow I'm glad you told me this, because otherwise if I ever heard someone call someone else that I probably would tell them how demeaning and insulting that sounds to my ears.  But I'm guessing then it's a term of endearment.  Thank you!

On 1/25/2017 at 9:10 AM, DrSparkles said:

No I think the one they were at was the place they were trying to redo but the daughter hated everything. 

As a aside, El Coyote used to have a very large gay following until it turned out they supported the Prop8 item.  They're were boycotted and almost lost the business.  

• Love 1