Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Cece's Boys

As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.

I didn't mind the waxing, but I agree about Reagan. I just can't stand her and I want her gone. I don't see why Nick would want to date her besides the fact that she is hot.

Something about this season isn't clicking for me. I don't like what Reagan is bringing to the group dynamic and I don't like the storyline with Cece starting her own modeling agency. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cece has never seemed organized or driven enough to keep an entire business working, and being a model doesn't necessarily translate into being a good agent. She couldn't even make a drink.

Schmidt panicking about drifting away from his friends rang true both to Schmidt's character and to his current status. I'm about their age, and it's sad to lose contact with people you've been close to. I don't know why anybody would wax his balls, though. Even for solidarity. 

• Love 1

being a model doesn't necessarily translate into being a good agent. 

Clearly. Jess and Reagan were out scouting for recruits while she was just sitting there at home at her office. WTF? I admit I chuckled at the two dumb models fighting with each other but Cece really sucks at this job.

Is Winston still married? 

Where's his girlfriend?

I can't remember the specifics but he got married as a joke, then his girlfriend went somewhere and now he's dating his partner on the police force even though he's technically still married. They need to clear all that up.

What do other people think when they start to watch an episode of this show now? Because when I remembered it was on, I realized I was more of excited about new episodes of The Bachelor. I don't even watch The Bachelor. 

Anyway, nothing particularly grabbed me about this episode.

Ceces is till a dumb name for a modeling agency.

Why would Cece send Jess out to look for models? She knows Jess would be all "They're beautiful on the inside" while looking. She should have sent Schmidt. He can appreciate outer beauty. I thought Reagan was alright this episode. I still don't like her a whole lot, but she does not really both me.

So does this episode get a bonus Ferguson point for Winstons cat paw? I give them half a point.

I can understand Schmidt being nervous about being cut out of the friend group, and I thought it was a pretty good story. I cant understand waxing your balls. Ouch.

• Love 1

I kind of liked the Jess and Reagan dynamic playing off one another. "How have we dated the same guy?" Heh. I do wish everyone was a little smarter, but here we are.

And maybe I was just tired and simple but I was laughing out loud through the waxing stuff, especially the first discussion while they were in the waiting room/lobby. I like seeing the chemistry play out.

• Love 4

What do other people think when they start to watch an episode of this show now?

I have much less enthusiasm for it than I used to, that's for sure. I guess I'm still hoping the writers can pull it out of the bag once in awhile because they used to do a better job back in the first three seasons, assuming it's the same writers. 

There were a few times I more or less chuckled - when they were doing "all hands in" and Winston added the fake cat's paw, and the very ending when they cut to the closing credits and you hear Nick say "We're getting metal detectors." The two dumb models were really the highlight though.

She should have sent Schmidt. He can appreciate outer beauty. 

Heck she could have used Schmidt as a model. He's better than the two losers Jess brought to the audition. Donovan isn't really all that. 

• Love 2

I can't really see Jake Johnson or even Lamorne Morris in a print ad, but I could reasonably envision Max Greenfield modeling. However, Jess and Reagan were actually right about this particular gig - an ad for something called "sausage crunchies" none of the male models could even stand. I think the company or ad agency would be more likely looking for "average joe" type guys than male models. Like the two dorks in the Sonic commercials. 

• Love 1

Positives:

1. Robbie was not on this episode.

2. Winston. 

3. Brief mention of Coach (We miss him). 

Negatives:

1. Reagan is not dead gone yet. 

2. No mention of Winston's girlfriend :(

3. No Ferguson jokes.

4. Jess and Nick didn't do anything to hint at a renewed relationship. 

• Love 2
On 1/18/2017 at 0:17 PM, iMonrey said:

Clearly. Jess and Reagan were out scouting for recruits while she was just sitting there at home at her office. WTF? I admit I chuckled at the two dumb models fighting with each other but Cece really sucks at this job.

"He told me to wait in the breakroom and then it was dark and then I couldn't open the door." HHAHAHAHA

On 1/18/2017 at 2:00 PM, Traveller519 said:

And maybe I was just tired and simple but I was laughing out loud through the waxing stuff, especially the first discussion while they were in the waiting room/lobby. I like seeing the chemistry play out.

I laughed out loud for several seconds during the waxing balls/screaming montage. And that Nick was still wearing his shirt.

• Love 1