Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heartless

Scott and Liam try to capture a Ghost Rider while Malia and Peter try to get into the Wild Hunt

Yeah, I was all for Theo getting murdered and punched over and over again. That was nice to watch. Too bad he stuck around for the episode. Also, where the hell did Liam/Scott go with Parrish that allowed them to leave Theo alone, unattended, for several minutes? Idiots. But it looks like Theo got neutered, so to speak, during his time down in his own personal hell. That just makes him boring and useless now.

Yeah, so how does Malia remember Stiles? She wasn't in the Jeep when Stiles was speaking through the radio.

Shut up, Hayden. No, bringing Theo back and keeping him around wasn't really the right thing to do. 

Hey! The Melissa/Chris subplot last episode actually came to good use! And it gave Peter darker hair! I think I would have laughed if Peter had been sent back to the train station with Stiles. I could seriously watch a spin off with Peter and Stiles, and now featuring Corey! Everyone else kind of really sucks. Ok, not Mason. He's not too bad. 

Ah, the Claudia thing is coming together, and it's not just having Claudia as the bad guy. It's because Sheriff Stilinski wanted her to be real. Damn. That subplot was my favorite of the episode, by far. I mean, it makes as much sense as anything else on this show.

Creepy Teacher doesn't interest me. And he took away Corey. Boo. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2

The episode was a mixed bag for me. The stuff with Lydia and the sheriff was top notch but the b story with the ghost riders was just ok and Malia's plan was dumb. 

The idea that Sheriff Stilinski''s grief over losing Stiles was so immense that he had the power as a regular human to conjure his dead wife is both really sad and really kind of beautiful. Stiles and Noah's relationship is one of the best ones on the show. Period. I do however wish that Lydia would use her words. She kind of just looks crazy when she's emoting all over the place and not saying anything. Tell Noah what you're seeing or even what you are remembering about Stiles.

I actually don't mind Theo as much as I thought I would. I do feel like they had to dumb down his character when the teacher showed up. Scott and Liam were right outside. Why didn't he call for backup? For help? I'm surprised that he seems to be a regular human at this point.

The overpowered werewolf, cannibal, ghost rider? Is kind of ridiculous at this point. He's basically just doing whatever he wants with little interference or consequence.  But he hurt Corey which is a no no.  He gotta go asap.

Watered down alpha Scott continues to be a disappointment this season.  Liam and Hayden are disgusting to me. They're both so stupid and it's like multiplied when they're together. Liam is never going to be a good alpha, he's barely a functioning beta at this point.

Malia's plan was what for them both to be burnt up trying to get to the train station? What was the plan there?  Peter continues to be a delight tho.

Edited by blugirlami21
  • Love 3

This one was better than last week. I liked how they used the parents this week - Natalie being there for her daughter and listening to her banshee daughters problems and offering advice, Noah starting to believe there's a Stiles, Mama McCall the Most Competent Medical Professional in Beacon Hills, and Peter stepping up enough for me to actually categorize him with the rest of the pack's parents.

I didn't mind Lydia's craziness in that scene with Noah because a) Lydia's always walking that fine line between sanity and insanity, b)I think she was having a deeply emotional reaction to finding Stiles's stuff, especially since I think she's only realizing just how important Stiles is to her in his absence c) she's gonna sound crazy saying she sees stuff that Noah doesn't no matter what. I buy the reasoning that he created Claudia to fill the Stiles-less void and made her feed him kale and quinoa (although he doesn't miss Stiles enough to actually eat said quinoa). That's actually very clever and totally respects the relationship between Stiles and his dad. I loved that final moment of him catching the jersey and making it visible.

I have to give the new kids credit for trying. I mean, they kind of helped created a Nazi-Werewolf-Ghost Rider-Who-Eats-Pineal-Glands, but it's not like the original pack never let an evil teacher get too close to the inner circle and fuck up their plans. The newbies are on track. Don't personally care for Corey, but I like Mason enough to hope he gets his boyfriend back.

• Love 5

I have had a very bad week thus far, so I should probably be ashamed of this, but I honestly got a little teary eyed in the scene with Lydia and the Sheriff.  Holland Roden has never been a particularly strong performer, but she hits, she hits.

I mean this with all due sincerity, but for actors that aren't the most gifted, she and Tyler Posey have really been hitting their marks this year.

• Love 5

I really enjoyed this episode, everyone had their own plots going on but it all tied together. The stuff with Lydia and Sheriff was the best part, especially the music choice when she tossed him the jersey. I don't quite understand how Sheriff, a human, could conjure up Claudia but blugirlami21, your comment about his grief being so deep could be the explanation.

The opening scene with Theo and his sister dragged on way too long but it definitely helped explain his change in attitude. I wasn't sure about them redeeming him but seeing her rip his heart out so many times that he finally accepted it... alright, I'm into it. He seems to be on Scott's side but I'm curious to see if he remains that way or if he's pulling a Peter (out for himself). Either way, I hope he becomes less neutered as time goes on because while I'm enjoying the change in attitude, it's a little too pathetic for how high the stakes are.

I really hope there's time to delve into why Peter has Daddy Feels for Malia now... he sacrificed himself for her right after complaining about her lack of self-preservation skills. And despite what he says, he brought those keys back for a reason. He's having a change in heart and I want to know why. Maybe sitting in limbo gave him time to think about it? Also, that callback to him and Melissa going on a date was so awesome; I'd totally forgotten about it!

Lesson learned: never wander around alone (and away from the main plot) because it'll get you into big trouble. I guess Mason's "power" of finding Corey when he's invisible will come into play. I wonder what Nazi Werewolf (Ghost Rider Edition) meant when he said he wanted to "do this" for a very long time. Was he talking about having that power or hurting Corey specifically? Probably the former. But I wonder if he was glad to stumble upon Corey first because maybe he did see him turn invisible and steal his pocket watch in the first episode. I feel like that early scene had to have meant something. Maybe because of that he learned that Corey can see the Ghost Riders when invisible so he erased him so he couldn't help Scott and co. I've been wondering if Corey could get people out of limbo because he's on the same wavelength as the Riders, so maybe Nazi Werewolf dun goofed.

Do Liam and Hayden have to kiss in every episode they're in? It's always so ridiculous. At least Theo made a comment about it. Hayden continues to bug... I think she's part of the reason why Liam looks like such a weeny, though he manages that fine on his own. :P I don't mind that he's struggling ("Mr. Ghost Rider? Mr. Rider?" That was cute, sue me, lol) but I've noticed that he's always looking to her for support. Besides the fact that he should be looking to Scott for that (because he's his Alpha and who he's trying to take over for), it's too much that they're both dating and Betas in the same pack. It makes it look like she should be thinking about becoming the Alpha, since she's the one with confidence in all these plans. I like everyone else so I feel bad for singling her out but she could be so much better (also, she needed a best friend ages ago).

(Sorry you had a bad week starri!)

• Love 4

Theo's literal Groundhog Day from Hell? Couldn't have happened to a better guy. And what a putz, now. Those shackles were worthless—it's like they were designed to leave him complete freedom to use his hands and arms. He could have jumped Liam and Hayden, strangled them handily, and smashed the sword if he wanted to avoid being sent back.

Noah Stilinski </3 I still find faux!Claudia creepy, but there is no way for this to end well for him.

I legit gasped out loud at the end—Corey, no!

I've been wondering if Corey could get people out of limbo because he's on the same wavelength as the Riders, so maybe Nazi Werewolf dun goofed.

Ooo, I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking Parrish should be able to get them out, because Hellhounds accompany the Wild Hunt. And burning to a crisp isn't a problem for him like it is for Peter. 

What is the deal with Nazi Alpha? Rambly thinking it through: If I remember the (shitty) story of last season correctly, the DDs started because Marcel was protecting his boyfriend Sebastian, the Bête, and wanted to bring him back in a new, chimera body. The Wild Hunt works with Hellhounds to keep the secret of the supernatural, hence the mural of the Hellhound fighting the Bête, who was so out of control that French villagers knew all about him. And hence Parrish hiding all the chimera bodies at the Nemeton. And hence, I think, the GRs picking up Peter, another wild card, as soon as he stepped foot outside of Eichen.

Anyway, the DDs are anti-Wild Hunt, because Marcel wants the Bête back. And I suppose they taught Theo some bits about the GRs along the way. Marcel has managed to live centuries through science, involving electromagnetism and (at least for a few decades) off the green goo pulled out of the Nazi Alpha canister. Did they have some other powerful creature over the decades/centuries before him?

Weird things that are coincidences or not: the Bête used to attack the head/neck of his victims (eating pineals?); Douglas/Hauptmann eats pineals to prolong his life. The Wild Hunt steals memories to make people forget the missing; the DDs altered people's memories to make people forget they had seen them. 

Still unknown is Douglas/Hauptmann's relationship to the DDs. Victim? Willing science explorer? He has an interest in immortality and a taste for pineals, but what is his jones for the GRs? (Who even knew that they would even have pineals inside those creepy heads?!) Why does he want do vanish people—or just Corey?

• Love 1

This episode was too slow for me. They wasted a full five minutes on Theo’s opening. I’m sorry, but he’s neither interesting enough to warrant it nor does he deserve anyone feeling sorry for him. He really is irredeemable although that’s never stopped Teen Wolf in the past.

The Lydia bits always slow down the story. I agree with blugirlami21 that her scenes could be improved if she talked instead of just trying to look otherworldly. She really isn’t a good enough actress for that. So unfortunately her little chat with the sheriff fell flat for me and I’m still not buying that she’s madly in love with Stiles. Too left-field for my liking.

The rest of the episode was just the usual. “We need a plan.” Discussion of said plan. Execution of plan and the proverbial hitting the fan. Did we learn anything new, other than Deputy Teflon-Underpants can talk to the Ghost Riders?

Melissa brought the goods as usual and Malia is one of my favourite characters by now. Peter played well off the two women and them dropping him unceremoniously in the elevator was a delight. Not sure if Malia’s plan made any more sense to me than the others’ plan but at least she had one and didn’t dither about like Scott seems to be doing all this season.

I couldn’t work out how Theo survived the lightening strike when he was first came back if he doesn’t have any powers now. Or why no one ever wolfs out when they need strength. Or why the lacrosse shirt said Beacon Hills when afaik it always said Stilinski 24 when Stiles wore it. I also don’t like that the sheriff supposedly conjured Claudia. Yes, I know it’s cute/sad/whatever that he was so heart-broken over Stiles that he could, but he’s human. It made sense for the banshee to get her son back, but not for the sheriff to conjure Claudia. But then again TW is not known for its logic or continuity. Parrish can step over mountain ash now? I give up.

Why is True Alpha Scott just standing around gawking at things now? I guess with Stiles gone Scott forgot he's freaking Werewolf! That's been pissing me off this season, Malia's the only one that knows she's not a regular human and therefore doesn't have to act like one when facing other supernatural creatures. 

Liam and Hayden seem to be competing with Scott and Alison on who can be the most boring couple in tv history. I used to call Scott/Alison the NyQuil couple. The only difference is I liked Scott and Alison separately, I do not like Liam or Hayden and think they are taking screen time away from the characters I do like. While Malia's plan was equally as stupid (and she mentioned it was) I would rather spend time with her than the whatever stupid plans the puppy pack comes up with. I did laugh when Malia said she marked the spot and had to clarify that she visually marked the spot. I'm starting not to care about Peter's sudden interest in his daughter because he's much more interesting than seeing Liam and Hayden sucking faces every 5 minutes. 

I think another issue is the older actors seem to be phoning it in this season, while the most of the younger ones can't act. I didn't realize how much Dylan O'Brian was really holding this show together. His one episode really showed that. 

• Love 3
On 1/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, beee said:

Did we learn anything new, other than Deputy Teflon-Underpants can talk to the Ghost Riders?

Melissa brought the goods as usual and Malia is one of my favourite characters by now. Peter played well off the two women and them dropping him unceremoniously in the elevator was a delight. Not sure if Malia’s plan made any more sense to me than the others’ plan but at least she had one and didn’t dither about like Scott seems to be doing all this season.

*snerk*

Deputy Teflon-Underpants is the best nickname ever. And I also loved the scenes with Peter and the girls.

And I loved the song playing during the Lydia/Sheriff Stilinski scene.

On 12/01/2017 at 5:50 PM, Sakura12 said:

Why is True Alpha Scott just standing around gawking at things now?

I've given up complaining about this. Last episode he didn't even wolf up at all: his eyes didn't even glow. For all I know, Posey is tired of the makeup and the growling. It's as good an explanation as ever. I was amused in this episode though when the Rider looked at him and Liam said "He knows you're the Alpha!" as though Scott had done anything to demonstrate it or as though it mattered. Plus, Liam talks about being an Alpha like it's a job that he can pick up after Scott leaves town.