Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Enemy Combatant

145462_4087+%255Bwww.imagesplitter.net%2

Former President Morrison pays Hayes an unexpected visit and lobbies her (and CIU) to take on the case of Omar Abbas, a Muslim-American citizen held for years without trial in a military facility for allegedly planning a chemical attack on Manhattan. But taking on the federal war on terror is a hot-button issue, and Hayes and the CIU find themselves battling the authorities in their search for the truth. Meanwhile, just as Hayes and Wallace become more comfortable with their relationship, her father raises questions about the couple’s long-term viability.

Promo pics

8 hours ago, Court said:

So now the CIU just investigates whatever cases they want? You're supposed to be reviewing convictions.

Or anything whenever anyone close to Hayes wants to use her and her team for their own self gain.

• Love 1

Glad to see the FBI is just a shitty at their jobs as the NYPD is.

After seeing him on Legends of Tomorrow, Martin Donovan as President would be absolutely terrifying.

Oh, look.  President Daddy is now planting seeds of doubt in Hayes and her relationship with Wallace.  She'll probably self-destruct and sabotage it, because that is her MO.

Nice to see you loosening up a bit, Sam, but I totally believe Hayes would kick your ass.  Peggy Carter>Iceman.

"Season" Finale, next week.  Hey, at least the possible wrongful convict is Mark Moses, so there is an actual shot he might have done it.  You can never trust Duck Phillips!  

Ah, yes, wasn't Maxine the one who made a point of telling Hayes she didn't vote for her dad (in the way people do when they want to crush your soul)?  To which Hayes immediately countered neither did I....

They were all a bit awed meeting the former President, just as they were awed meeting the former First Lady / future Senator.  Partly that's going to be actually meeting famous people, partly meeting past/future power-players, but I suspect mostly being in the same room with all that charisma.  And politicians at that level will always reflexively seek to charm you - and never take it personally if they don't.  Actually, that is a characteristic I prefer in a politician, as such people are less likely to spend time scheming for revenge....

• Love 1

I actually didn't think Maxine liked the President in that scene. I felt like he put her in an awkward position - he called her "Maxine" first, then asked if it was okay or if he should be more formal, which basically put her in the awkward position of having to say it was fine with her. (And since she'd already said she didn't vote for him, I don't think she was really fine with him familiarizing himself to her that quickly. Or trying to.) I thought she had a begrudging look on her face like "I see you and your smooth games, mister, but for now... it's fine."

Hayes' father was such an asshole, planting doubts in his own daughter's head, essentially destroying her relationship. "How will you ever know for sure?" That's really shitty.

Edited by sinkwriter
On 2017-01-24 at 11:02 PM, sinkwriter said:

I thought she had a begrudging look on her face like "I see you and your smooth games, mister, but for now... it's fine."

Hmm. Could be. I read it the other way, as I say, but now I want to look again. I absolutely agree that ""How will you ever know for sure?" was a low blow. Poor Hayes.

Edited by Sandman

I've always assumed there will bee a triangle between Hayes, Sam and Wallace.

Hayes' father was really awful, but IMO he was at least partly correct.

Wallace is extremely ambitious. He loves Hayes, but he loves her as a whole. He is thrilled about her connections. On the other hand Sam would have loved Hayes (if he loved her, of course) for herself.  He wouldn't care about her social position.

Sam seems so much younger than Hayes to me that I had to look up their ages.  (Shawn Ashmore is 3 years older than Hayley Atwell.)

Why didn't Omar tell the team the truth about his cousin going to Pakistan?  They were going to find out as soon as they look up his credit card payments.  Why did he keep lying about so many other things too?  It's really stupid to keep cockblocking the people who are trying to get him out.

Hayes' father was awful is so many ways. He has no qualms about using his daughter and lying to her.  He manipulates both Wallace and his own daughter just because he can.  Or maybe because he wants Hayes to stay single and dependent on him.

I think he was wrong.  Yes, being the daughter of a former president is part of who she is but it's not all who she is.  And if Wallace was in it for her connections why hasn't he cashed in on them yet?

Why do people still get called "Mr. President" even when they are no longer in office?  The U.S. is that only country I know that does that an it must really go to their heads.  Or as someone said (I think it was Mark Twain), America got rid of the monarchy in 1776 and has trying to get it back every since.

Edited by statsgirl