Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: Booty

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

I learned it all from LURKING at TWOP, does that count?  There must be more for Top Chef that haven't made an appearance yet....any for "chef who gives up immunity and goes home"?  Or, "scallops that are off"?  Or even "please adjust your attitude"?

I was on the wrong page, I am referring to the abbreviations.....

• Love 1

I was highly disappointed that Jim was sent packing instead of Emily. You'd think, given their track records, that Jim would have been saved and Emily booted in the QFC. And then, she skates by, yet again, with the whole immunity fiasco because they stuck Jamie with crappy ingredients.

Not sure if I can mention Last Chance Kitchen on here as it relates to this episode, so I'll put it in a spoiler. 

Spoiler

I feel the only reason Jamie beat Jim in the Last Chance Kitchen face-off was because Jamie gave up his immunity. It was clear Tom didn't think Jamie should have given up immunity and was trying to "reward" him for doing so. I really wanted Jim to go much further. I'm hoping they bring him back on a future season down the road!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

I was highly disappointed that Jim was sent packing instead of Emily. You'd think, given their track records, that Jim would have been saved and Emily booted in the QFC. And then, she skates by, yet again, with the whole immunity fiasco because they stuck Jamie with crappy ingredients.

Not sure if I can mention Last Chance Kitchen on here as it relates to this episode, so I'll put it in a spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel the only reason Jamie beat Jim in the Last Chance Kitchen face-off was because Jamie gave up his immunity. It was clear Tom didn't think Jamie should have given up immunity and was trying to "reward" him for doing so. I really wanted Jim to go much further. I'm hoping they bring him back on a future season down the road!

I've got to disagree. Tom and the judges have repeatedly said that every dish is judged on its own. There is no cumulative judging, especially in a sudden death quickfire. Jim had a worse dish.

Spoiler

I don't agree. Tom thinks everything is undersalted. If he thought Jim's dish was too salty, it was way too salty. I don't think it was a pity win. Jim just messed up. Tom winced when he tried Jim's dish.

I finally got around to watching this episode which I saw after RW.  It is so clear John is only out for himself and made sure his dish would be ideal - since Jamie had immunity it seemed like he figured if there was a loss it would be Emily.  It's just as manipulative as what Katsuji attempted in RW. But since Emily's dish was still awful even with good ingredients it should have been her going home. Still John doesn't have any  moral high ground with me. 

• Love 1
On 1/13/2017 at 2:24 AM, windtrix said:

What is the freaking point of immunity if you can't use it? The ONLY time you would use it is if you have the worst dish so why would they allow someone to give it up because they had the worse dish? It makes no sense at all!

It made absolutely no sense to me either.  Perhaps the judges need a dictionary :p

8 hours ago, neverclearone said:

made absolutely no sense to me either.  Perhaps the judges need a dictionary :p

Ooops, cut off the first word.  Anyway, then they can use the dictionary to define "sudden death" QF.  Cause it really kind of isn't sometimes. 

I was confused by Casey and the scallops.  Didn't she have to use them because they were one of the booty-box items?  I feel like I'm missing something.

Hopefully Jamie's exit at least means we won't have to hear from Padma about being served an empty plate ever again? 

She had to use them.  It was using them in a raw preparation that was the issue.  Cooked, even just seared, would have been fine.  As noted previously in this thread, they weren't bad/gone stale-rotten.  They were bad-for-raw-service.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ladle said:

I was confused by Casey and the scallops.  Didn't she have to use them because they were one of the booty-box items? 

Yes, she had to use them, but how was up to her, and she opted for raw when they weren't fresh enough for that.

Oops, sorry - there was a big white space and I didn't realize a reply below that had already said the same thing.  So, what aquarian1 said.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1