Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: 15 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Can somebody please tell me what the hell language Kashia is speaking?  From what planet?

These people are beyond pathetic.  Gordon has lost his mind, not to mention his last shred of credibility, if he thinks any of those morons can run a professional kitchen.

I'm about to ditch this show.  It's not even providing any entertainment anymore, and I am SO damn sick of seeing Risotto, Scallops and Wellington! 

I feel like the women should have chosen Joy as their captain instead of Melanie. How ironic that she says how great she is at cooking fish and then she sends up a raw piece of fish. Not a good look for the team.

I was expecting Ramsay to make the chosen leaders switch teams.  In fact I was looking forward to it.  It would have added some enjoyment to my viewing.

I believe Beth was lying about her age.  She easily looked about 10 years older than 43.

• Love 1

Can somebody please tell me what the hell language Kashia is speaking?  From what planet?

These people are beyond pathetic.  Gordon has lost his mind, not to mention his last shred of credibility, if he thinks any of those morons can run a professional kitchen.

Outside of the first season, when has the show (or he) actually ever assumed even the best of the jokers they cast on this show could run a kitchen sink, muchless a kitchen?  They haven't, which is why no matter what they say on the show these people rarely to never get the job running anything (but instead a lesser position never talked about on the show).

I feel like the women should have chosen Joy as their captain instead of Melanie. How ironic that she says how great she is at cooking fish and then she sends up a raw piece of fish. Not a good look for the team.

Joy has her own issues (she seems to be able to cook but comes off as part of the inevitable "whatever, bitch" squad this show's casting falls back on whenever they get an African-American woman (although not as deeply in that stereotypical hole as Kashia).

I was hoping one or both teams would suggest beforehand that if their captain loses, he/she is put up as a potential elimination afterwards.  I wonder whether Anton or Melanie (or Gabriel or anyone else) would still have been so anxious to be chosen.  

I am SO damn sick of seeing Risotto, Scallops and Wellington!

I'm sick of seeing them cooked badly.  After a hundred and fifty seasons, you'd think anyone applying to be on this show would make sure they knew how to cook those three things in their sleep.  At least there would be some "suspense" if Gordon started a new season of contestants off with a fresh new menu that they couldn't have prepared for.

I believe Beth was lying about her age.  She easily looked about 10 years older than 43.

I think it's the constant crying. It ages a person.  Beth got the losing edit two minutes into the episode.

Beth got the losing edit 2 minutes into the season. There was no way she was ever winning anything. What was she doing standing there with the lobster in her hands? It was like she expected it to magically turn into something else…. cooked, a completed dish, a kitten, I'm not sure.
It looked like Sandra was actively trying to sabotage Joy. Granted, Joy is always harping in her ear, but she just stood there ignoring her. Kashia seems to have an awful lot of opinions on everyone else when we've yet to see her do anything other than cook 2 wellingtons without serving them raw. Bev is dead weight too. The entire men's team is pretty much cannon fodder. No that it matters, from the two links above, it's obvious winning this show comes with no real prize.

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 1

I think it's the constant crying. It ages a person.

I think that might be it. Whenever I see a person on this show who's over 40, I assume that person has not had a life filled with good fortune. On the other hand, Bev is 42 and she looks about 20 years younger than Beth.

It was hilarious when Gordon got ready to yell at the blue team ("EVERYONE! STOP! COME HERE!") and Ralph thought he could avoid it by stirring the risotto as fast as humanly possible.

Okay, I just did this long post and it vanished. Abbreviated 1) Sandra might be going deaf, 2) Anton the great savior remained silent with the scallop debacle he created that Chris got blasted for, 3) Contestants still haven't learned to play GR to get rid of the right people.

3) Contestants still haven't learned to play GR to get rid of the right people.

If they want someone gone, they need to tell him that Player A should be sent home because he's "lost his passion for cooking, Chef."  That's worse than telling him someone serves undercooked chicken to celebrity guests on purpose.  Instead, they try to make the case that Player A should be gone because he's not competent on any of the workstations, is a poor teammate, can't cook or season food, or just incurs Ramsey's wrath on a regular basis, but Ramsey doesn't care about those things as long as they make good TV.

Which reminded me - in last night's episode, they showed a few of the red team discussing how they want the right people around later in the game because they need them in the finale.  I don't remember seeing people think that far ahead in this show before. It went by before they said much of anything, but it makes me wonder if the editing is so focused on showing these people being bitchy that they ignore occasional rational talk. (I'm sure the answer is, Of course.)

I was hoping one or both teams would suggest beforehand that if their captain loses, he/she is put up as a potential elimination afterwards.  

The problem with that is that "being put up for elimination" is a worthless concept on this show.  It's always about what GR wants in the end.

While Anton was making plans for his team to win, the girls were listening and saying how dumb it was for him to be a floater. I guess it wasn't so dumb because they won. Frankly a floater sounds like the sane thing to do when you've got people weak in a area where they think they are not. The floater can float in do the job,even when the know-it all (Gabriel) protests. At one point Melanie face got as red as her jacket,GR was talking to her and she didn't answer.She didn't hear it was as if she was in a trance,she finally mumbled "I'm trying Chef." Her confidence abandoned her in a hurry. 

Edited by coloradoqt

The show at this point has a reputation such in the cooking community that no actual quality chef would be caught dead applying. They're applying for something better. They're content to just let Gordon take one for the team. Cooking competitions have sorted their talent pools out into five tiers:

*Great cooks apply for Iron Chef or The Next Iron Chef, and serve as judges on lesser-tier shows.

*Good cooks apply for Top Chef or Masterchef.

*Decent cooks apply for Chopped or The Taste.

*Bad cooks apply for Hell's Kitchen or Next Food Network Star.

*Downright awful cooks apply for Kitchen Nightmares or Worst Cooks In America, though at this level a certain level of self-awareness of suckage is required.

As for tonight... I don't know what exactly it's going to take to get Gordon to yank someone's jacket off mid-service these days if it's not going to get done when someone skips the pass entirely and serves raw food directly to the damn chef's table. That got a hell of a lot less of a tirade than I thought it was going to get.

• Love 1

I'm not impressed with the "VIP" guests they rounded up. They were so non-famous that the contestants couldn't even feign excitement for the actress from Pretty Little Liars. The editors had to go with a clip of them being excited that they'd be serving a really hot chick, rather than a famous person.