Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: No Clowning Around

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

With Nationals only six weeks away, the mothers begin to worry about the ever-changing team; Nia gets her first solo; Abby gives two new dancers a chance to shine; the veteran mothers go on the attack when a new mother insults their children.

Thirty Two minutes past the hour and, well... who cares?

Seriously, same old storyline. Where's the tension, where's the anticipation, where's the suspense? Abby already said, in an earlier episode, she wants to see it through to the finish with the original girls.

*On the edge of my seat* Oh my, who will she choose?

• Love 4

I fucking hate Kira, but she did have a point that Daviana's solo placed 6th and was sent home, but not only did neither Camryn or Maesi's solos placed, they both screwed up in group dances and both of them got to stay??? Double standards much? 

I would have dropped Maesi, she doesn't fit in on the team and hasn't impressed me at all. Camryn hasn't either but at least she fits on the team.

• Love 1

When Kira was going on about how Camryn does not emote and should go, I was like if we are kicking off girls that cannot act while they dance Kendall should be out and sometimes Brynn. Didn't Camryn save a lift during that group dance with Elliana a couple of episodes ago? The one where Elliana messed up and was crying. 

I did agree with Holly as to why she thought Nia and Camryn were going up against each other. I knew this would be Camryn's week to get thrown under the bus.

I really wish Abby just would pick a set team, because why bother getting invested in any of these girls if they are just there on a week by week basis. Just pick a team already! I think the minis are fine dancers, but I do hate the look of them dancing with the older girls. I like both Camryn and Maesi. I liked Daviana too, but the bus is always coming for the new girls.

• Love 2

I agree. Elliana and Lilliana are great little dancers but them dancing with a bunch of teenagers is ridiculous.  They look so tiny and out of place in the clown dance and honestly they were needed at all. Neither was Maesi who for these past two group dances just flips on stage and then walks off halfway through. Abby only put them in the group dances to bring down the age division because her dances aren't good enough for Teen Division.

The team is all disjointed now. I like how the team was in episodes 2 and 3 (Brynn, Kendall, Nia, Kalani, Daviana and Camryn). It should have stayed that way for the rest of the season.

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I really wish Abby just would pick a set team, because why bother getting invested in any of these girls if they are just there on a week by week basis. Just pick a team already! I think the minis are fine dancers, but I do hate the look of them dancing with the older girls. I like both Camryn and Maesi. I liked Daviana too, but the bus is always coming for the new girls.

Isn't this the final season?  I think all they have left is hodge podge and no one is going to fully commit to something on its way out.

Holly's smug attitude is getting really off-putting. When she said in one of her talking heads "I've been here a lot longer than Camryn, Nia's been on this dance team for longer than Camryn's been alive..." like what does that matter? I hate this entitled attitude, Nia should get all these oppurtunities and solos because she was here longest crap.

It was obvious she was threatened when Camryn's mom said that she had better technique than Nia (which she only said when another mom directly asked her), and the petty way she was acting reminded me a lot of what Melissa would say whenever there was someone threatening Maddie's status. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

Holly's smug attitude is getting really off-putting. When she said in one of her talking heads "I've been here a lot longer than Camryn, Nia's been on this dance team for longer than Camryn's been alive..." like what does that matter? I hate this entitled attitude, Nia should get all these oppurtunities and solos because she was here longest crap.

She always says stuff like that, because it's one of the only arguments she has when pushing for Nia to get solos or special treatment. New girls come in who dance better than Nia and Holly can't say otherwise, so she brings up how long Nia has been dancing there. I really like Nia, and I think she's a great performer, but her technique is really not as good as some of the other girls.

• Love 5

I cannot believe that Maci's mom did not turn around and walk out when Abby spoke to her that way.  I looked at my 15 year old and said no way no how would I allow someone to speak to me that way not matter what you wanted. 

I like Holly, I liked that she called it for what it was with Nia and Camryn being against each other in the head to head thing.  That being said, I have learned the hard way not to make statements about being here before someone and being here when they are gone.  Sadly, it doesn't work that way.  I am sure Christy and Kelly felt they were there longer than Jill and would out last her but that's not the case.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, hellohoping said:

Holly has been insufferable, deluded and entitled for a long time. I always thought she was much worse than Melissa, who's kid at least had the credentials to back it up.

When you have a PhD, I guess you can act that way even if your doctorate is now useless because, after your tenure on this shit show and your turning a blind eye to what is clearly child abuse of even your own daughter, no educational institution in its right mind would hire you.

2 hours ago, cali1981 said:

When you have a PhD, I guess you can act that way even if your doctorate is now useless because, after your tenure on this shit show and your turning a blind eye to what is clearly child abuse of even your own daughter, no educational institution in its right mind would hire you.

Maybe that's why she cares so much about turning Nia into a star. She sacrificed her career for this show. And she'll need to make all the money she wouldn't have made with her job.