Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Quid Pro Ho

On 12/9/2016 at 3:16 PM, xtwheeler said:

Double jeopardy attaches long before the jury returns a verdict.  It attaches in California when the jury is empaneled and sworn in.   But, a retrial based on a mistrial is of "manifest necessity" and does not trigger the double jeopardy prohibition (just like a remand for retrial does not). Long esoteric story short: Dan risking a mistrial (or Charlotte doing the same) would have necessitated a second trial, and such trial would not violate the prohibition on double jeopardy (even though jeopardy would have attached at the empaneling and swearing of the jury.

Thanks, xtwheeler.  That's a really concise summary!

I didn't know this was the last episode until after winter break. I didn't realize just how much I was enjoying this show every week until it wasn't on and I kept wishing it was! Going through a bit of Lucifer withdrawal.  :D

• Love 6

It's been so long since the show's been on, I feel like I need to rewatch this episode before watching the one that just aired tonight so that I can remember what happened last. (Not that rewatching this show is in any way a hardship. *GRIN*)

• Love 1

late to the party doing a binge via netflix...

kudos to this episode for the courtroom scenes and really selling the personality growth of Lucifer. I was, like many people, dismayed to find season 2 lucifer a bit more boring/tamed since season 1... I missed the rowr. However, the "homeless magician" episode which showed him spiraling - drinking, kissing, trying to forget killing uriel... despite Tom Ellis pulling of that look, the desperate pain was totally not sexy but instead moving. After that I was willing to accept the personality growth. The acting sells it. 

Normally, I dislike obvious/forced UST but the kiss at the end here, seems very genuine, and rowr, in a totally different way. Oof.

I predict a slow roll from here of course, but if the story sells it, it won't seem like pandering.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:08 AM, galaxychaser said:

Raccoon Chloe is Luci half sister? So juicy. 

No.  Just that an angel blessed John & Penelope.  

Goddess is fricking bitch.  (Sorry for the language)  Why does she think that making Lucifer leave Earth will open the pearly gates to the Silver City?