Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Killer Frost

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, Aeryn13 said:

I think messing with the timeline too much, i.e. creating an alternative universe and then destroying it again and remaking the old timeline in the process might create such ripples, other speedsters take notice. Earth1 must act like a huge beacon. But somehow the episode gave me the feeling it`s personal for Savitar. He has plans for Caitlin? Why her especially? She wasn`t even one of the people he had Alchemy power up.    

It makes sense if he's Eddie...

It seems like Alchemy/Savitar get their kicks from reverting people back to their Flashpoint selves.  So if Cait didn't have powers in Flashpoint and they revert her to that form (no powers) and she does the butterfly thing to get there, then maybe whatever they gain from that they still get?

My theory is that Savitar absorbs power somehow from the Flashpoint versions of people - so far all have been folks with no powers in the current timeline who had them in the FP timeline.  But maybe he can also absorb power when metas in the current timeline revert back to their non-powered FP version like Caitlin wants to do?

That feels boring though.  I guess I am trying to find a way for Cait to not have powers, lol.

Maybe he can absorb powers from any meta?

I'm getting really tired of these characters, including normally intelligent Joe, deciding to take stupid actions, and then when they don't work out, kicking themselves for doing it. If you're gonna do it, own it. That goes for you, too, Flash. 

Edited by Ottis
On 12/10/2016 at 6:25 PM, AudienceofOne said:

Dark Willow just needed to be reminded of the blue crayons.

Aw.

Wait, was that a different show?

Cisco and Caitlin have really been there for each other this season. There's perhaps too much of a pall still hanging over all of them in this new timeline for pure sunshine and rainbows, but the little moments we've gotten throughout have been genuinely sweet and affecting - not only talking each other down but small things like him checking up on her after she went to see her mother, or her making it snow at Christmas. The two of them really are the last refugees, as it were, of the original Star Labs; so they're probably always going to be there for each other in some way. Even the previewed Killer Frost/Vibe fight I'm certain is going to come from a place of one of them trying to save the other. I've really been enjoying their friendship this year. 

• Love 2

Re-watch thoughts:

As noted, Caitlin having a completely different personality just because "powers" is still super dumb.

Cisco should have been the one to talk down Caitlin.

I know Wally had to get out of the cocoon eventually, but couldn't they have done that without making Joe look stupid? I guess they needed something for Joe and HR to do? Joe could have been better utilized; HR wasn't needed.

• Love 1
On 11/23/2016 at 11:56 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Dante being dead is Barry's fault-since that was a result of Flashpoint. I suppose since Cisco loved Dante, that can account for his grief, Dante treated Cisco like shit, and he was an asshole, so pardon me for not giving any fucks that he's not around.

I'm a bit confused on this point. After Flashpoint did Barry return to the exact moment he left? I had thought, possibly incorrectly, that the three months he'd spent in Flashpoint also passed in this timeline. I've been thinking how do we know Flashpoint killed Dante at all? How do we know Dante wouldn't have died in those three months anyway?

7 minutes ago, PatternRec said:

I'm a bit confused on this point. After Flashpoint did Barry return to the exact moment he left? I had thought, possibly incorrectly, that the three months he'd spent in Flashpoint also passed in this timeline. I've been thinking how do we know Flashpoint killed Dante at all? How do we know Dante wouldn't have died in those three months anyway?

It was the same day or the day after. Barry asked Joe why there was tension between him and Iris and Joe said something about giving Barry some slack because he just lost Henry, but to mind his own business or some such regarding the friction between him and Iris.

10 hours ago, PatternRec said:

That's the very argument that Iris made as to why Barry shouldn't continue beating himself up over the changes he made in Flashpoint. Unfortunately, neither Barry nor Cisco would have any of it.  As far as they're both concerned, Dante died because Barry wasn't around to save him. Period.

2 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

That's the very argument that Iris made as to why Barry shouldn't continue beating himself up over the changes he made in Flashpoint. Unfortunately, neither Barry nor Cisco would have any of it.  As far as they're both concerned, Dante died because Barry wasn't around to save him. Period.

I get that, and I agree that, without the three months I thought were there, Barry's actions are responsible for Dante's death. 

I really hope the creative team pull it together. I like the ideas they're playing with but Cisco's and Caitlin's motivations are so forced and sloppy. There's potential here for real drama and instead we're getting characters who feel like they're being forced into plot-shaped boxes. 

On 11/23/2016 at 10:34 AM, bettername2come said:

One thing I forgot to say in my first post: GREG GRUNBERG! Can he be Joe's new partner? He makes a good detective, they're all acting like he's been there the whole time anyway, and I don't think Joe has to worry about his kids dating him. He should stay.

Grunberg = Savitar