Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: The Snub

Katie swallows her pride and does the unthinkable, emulating the "perfect" Westport moms by dressing like them and hanging out at the yoga studio, in an attempt to get Anna-Kat a coveted invitation to a popular girl's birthday party.

Edited by NickDisnCart

I really liked this episode - Katie had some great reactions! I'm glad she has some great friends, and I'm glad she realized that all Anna-Kat needs is a couple friends - and she found some!

The family is growing on me!

• Love 7

I love how un-PC Katie is, even moreso in her internal dialogue/voiceover.

Katie & Greg agreeing that Oliver is a douche, him doing his chors at night so his friends couldnt see, and especially him starting a business venture with the neighbor's housekeeper was great. 

I loved Katie's physical reaction to that bizarre noise 'eyeball-shirt girl' made at the end.  

• Love 6

Finally an episode I liked, except the Westport women are still not realistic.  I sometimes think I would like the show better if they had put them in a fictitious town like in "The Middle" or just set it in California.  Strange that so few posts have been written here after the hiatus.

Maybe I was just in a good mood, but this episode was . . . kind of good? I'm kind of getting a kick out of the preppy Republican son and I thought Katie's attempts to fit in with the Westport women was funny. It was so easy for her to sucker them and I love her facial expressions. I also got a kick out of Greg breaking the window and yelling "Run!" and the daughter goes "We live here." 

Just one question - what kind of a name is "Anna-Kat?"

Maybe this is one of those shows that just has to grow on you. I remember I didn't think Superstore was very good when I started watching it and now it's one of my favorite shows. 

• Love 2

I think the name Anna Kat has to be a nickname. Watching the episode was amusing and made me wonder what my life had would have been like if I'd had girls instead of 2 boys (now grown). The trend around here in New Jersey seemed to be that all the boys (or girls) in the class were invited to a child's birthday party in kindgarten/first grade. After that, the kids decided who they wanted to invite and the moms stayed out of it, as far as I know. 

Just wanted to come on and state how much I love this show....Katie is just funny to me, actually she makes the show with her reactions and voiceovers...is it great? no but its a nice escape for a little while.

PS. I want Katie's friends

• Love 5
On 11/17/2016 at 11:30 AM, iMonrey said:

Just one question - what kind of a name is "Anna-Kat?"

Maybe this is one of those shows that just has to grow on you. I remember I didn't think Superstore was very good when I started watching it and now it's one of my favorite shows. 

The whole first episode I thought her name was "Annika" until the bit with the dad reading the story about a cat and obviously punning. I agree with the "short for Anna-Katherine" theory. If it's anything else, that's too cloying.

Funny you make the Superstore comparison. I find it quite apt.

• Love 2
On 11/17/2016 at 3:53 PM, Beezella said:

I assume Anna-Kat is a nickname for Anna Katherine. Love the kid and the nickname.

In tonight's episode, we found out that Katie's mother is named Katherine, and Katie is obviously some version of that, and likely so is Anna-Kat.  If Greg and Katie hadn't had 2 daughters, I guess there wouldn't have been a third generation "Katherine", though, since the older daughter is Taylor.  Maybe Katie initially resisted passing on her mother's name.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1