Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Whew, just catching up on this. What a mess. I don't know what to believe, but I tend to think Shannon was likely the aggressor. And I generally like Shannon, as a person and how she deals with the other ladies. But as a wife, she is just an emotional, needy, insecure mess. Obviously David tossing their marriage vows out the window didn't help that. And I'm not blaming her, but my point is - this just sounds like something she would do. Nicole, I would imagine, would not want any more attention than she's already getting. She's the "homewrecker" here. Why cause a fuss at such a largely attended public event? It sounds more like something Shannon would do, to try and paint herself even more as the victim. And then she IGs pictures of her and her adoring husband. I feel awful for what happened to Shannon, I really do. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. And I would be happy if she and David could work past it. But more than trying to maturely work on her marriage, I see her more as trying to compete with this woman and prove that she (Shannon) "won" in the end. 

• Love 10

That David committed the most egregious transgression in a fifteen-year marriage does not absolve Shannon of the responsibility to conscientiously consider whether or not her own conduct is having a deleterious effect on her children. There is a substantive difference between one's kids contending with rumors about their family circulating within a closed circuit/insular social milieu and facing a feast of virtual dirty laundry that anyone who types their name into a search engine can access. David stepped out on Shannon - something that millions of spouses in the Western world do every year. She was justifiably angry but it was her decision to broadcast the minutiae of her marriage's struggle in excruciating detail on a platform that inherently magnifies personal experience. The premise that she doesn't need to be mindful of the mortification this could yield upon Sophie and the twins just because David himself wasn't makes no sense; parents don't get a hall pass to behave like assholes just because the other parent does. It reminds me of the arguments vis-a-vis RHOA that Phaedra has no obligation to even try to facilitate a relationship between her sons and their father. You don't just get to indulge in your own desire for revenge just because you're aggrieved because a not insignificant amount of time, what's best for your children isn't about what's most immediately gratifying to you.

• Love 8

Choosing to not go on a Reality show and discuss your horrid marriage or the fact that your spouse cheated on you doesn't mean they, Nicole/husband, should hide out or avoid going out in public because Shannon/David did. IMO, Shannon should act like an adult, keep her mouth closed and ignore Nicole instead of acting like a child throwing temper tantrums in public. 

Isn't Shannon always drinking? According to her daughter she is! LOL

Nicole and her husband can do whatever they want and they also can be subject to comments from others.  Same with Shannon and David.  I think a few snotty comments tossed back and forth does not ruin a sporting event or forever damage children.  I think the foundation for the damage was laid ( no pun intended) when David and Nicole decided to bang, and bang and bang and possibly bang again.  (Didn't Shannon say three or four times?)

I can't speak to the frequency of the drink-but I do think Shannon needs to stop going on Facebook after drinking.

As usual, a whole lot of gossip and no video to show us who is telling the truth. Sounds like real housewives stories that were left on the cutting room floor!

I did notice in the E article the reporter mentions David Beador and Nicole McMackin's husband were USC grads but leaves out that Shannon is a USC grad as well. They didn't use Reed's name either, Probably because he wasn't involved in the affair as the other innocent victim. It is strange they would quote him but just refer to him as the husband. My favorite is when they get the names or the different housewives confused.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the reunion episode tonight.

David Beador is not a USC alum-he went to Michigan.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Announcing this tells me she is one screwed up woman and probably instigated the encounter, if there actually was one. So the person David had the affair with isn't allowed to go to venues with her innocent husband if Shannon might be there but it's ok for David, who is just as guilty as this woman, to go to venues where the innocent husband might be.

I concur. Nicole's husband did not get all up in David's face, when he is in the same position as Shannon. 

• Love 5

Maybe that got that wrong too??

I thought David went to Michigan for his undergraduate degree but went to USC for graduate school?

I am thinking they are incorrect.  I think he is USC alum by marriage as is Nicole.

I read the twitter account referenced above.  Apparently , there is a lot of non-public smack talk going on about Nicole MacMackin.

• Love 3

I read the twitter account referenced above.  Apparently , there is a lot of non-public smack talk going on about Nicole MacMackin.

Yes, by the sister of 1 of the people that were at the game with Shannon/David who heard it from her family member, she was NOT there herself. Not exactly an unbiased account by a long shot IMO. Again, IMO, Shannon should have taken the high road, kept her mouth shut and ignored Nicole like she doesn't exist, it would have made Shannon THE better person and shown SHE really is/has moved on in her marriage, BUT NO, Shannon just can't keep herself under control NO matter what. Sad, really sad IMO.

• Love 6

Since Shannon Beador chose to air her dirty underwear on a reality show, here's a message to her:

I'm beginning to think you need counseling for more than a broken marriage. Stop drinking Shannon, even your children are well aware of it and complaining on TV. Could help all around to exit the vodka and lemon train your on. Wow your FB drunken rant was pityful...grow the heck up and become a responsible adult. One more year of poor little old holistic me married to an evil cheater will kill your reality career.

I've about had enough of your poor little rich girl complaints and mumbo-jumbo Dr. Moon visits. Forget your crystals hidden in your teeth and throughout your home and 9 friggen lemons. Your eccentric enough already we get it. Your boardering on appearing to be mentally unstable.

You're no longer a cute bouncy teenager so stop trying to act like one. Act instead your age, after all you have three young impressionable children relying on you for guidance.

Edited by talula
  • Love 6

I just cannot understand this. So they cannot be seen again in public because Shannon decided to air their dirty laundry? As you said, this game was a huge deal to USC fans. Hell, as a huge fan of college football, playing the number 3 team in the nation just 2 weeks after firing their head coach, it was a huge deal to me and I couldn't wait to watch or turn away (I cannot believe the way they totally took charge of that game). I am sure that attending that game meant as much to them as it did to the Beador's. I just hate the way Shannon is painting herself as the only victim here. There was another innocent spouse and innocent children that were harmed as well. She would be a better person if she would remember that. If in fact she really isn't embarrassed, shame on her.

They can be seen in public all they want.  All of Shannon's coworkers knew the dirt because apparently Nicole was pretty chatty.  So that is on her for first having the affair, two being chatty and three befriending Shannon.

We don't know if Reed is an innocent spouse.  As they have chosen to keep their infidelities private.  The kids live this at home whether or not it is publicizes means little.  Mom was banging Coach Beador-has nothing to do with the show it had far more to do with the two participants being indiscreet.

I called this from the start.  I knew this - not the USC specifics but the dynamic - was the way it was going to go, and that a lot of people would see this as fair, that Shannon can piss all over this woman's husband and private family life for her storyline and recovery and in service to the repair of a marriage that looks rather one-sided from where I sit -- and that McMackin would be the whoriest whore who ever whorebagged, but David would be 'trying to save his family' and thus not as villainous - even though McMackin also stayed in her marriage and has not gone public, and presumably is trying to pull back from trainwreck status herself. 

None of this has happened.  Apparently this woman thought it  appropriate to have an affair that took not very long for Shannon's coworkers to find out about.  Whether or not Shannon and David used it as a storyline there was a certain Ms. Tamra Judge dying to tell the story and in fact mentioned the Nicole's name at last year's finale  to Heather, Vicki and Lizzie.  Shannon did not release the woman's name nor has she ever called her a whore.  It is on the reader/viewer to decide if David is a dirtbag.  So much energy was spent early on giving David the big hall pass because Shannon nagged about things like potatoes, tortilla chips and not attending cotillion. So now to say he is getting a pass-he needs to be held accountable for all his actions-not given any passes. The only edge David has over Nicole is he didn't buddy up to her husband while banging his wife.  I would think if she was trying to pull back from the trainwreck status she might not attend events where Shannon is going.  It is a football game.

I concur. Nicole's husband did not get all up in David's face, when he is in the same position as Shannon. 

He did get in Shannon's face.  David did not befriend Reed to get insight into his relationship with his wife.   Nicole did.   So there positions are vastly different.  Sorry it just isn't right to buddy up to your sidebang's wife and pretend to be her friend.  Even David claims he told Nicole to knock it off.  We have no idea if David was a revenge f--- because Reed was screwing around.  Pretty sure Shannon wasn't cheating. 

• Love 7

I do agree that this event didn't ruin the fun of the game for the spectators. The folks that were there wouldn't be bothered in the least by what was going on around them. I was at a football game watching my beloved Oklahoma State Cowboys (#staystrongokiestate) several weeks ago and a drunk girl threw up several rows behind me. It smelled bad and totally sucked, but it could have never ruined my evening (of course I wasn't the one she threw up on) because nothing could take my focus away from my boys on the field. What it did give me was a great story to tell everyone I brushed up against for weeks, because the girl made a huge spectacle of herself. That is what Shannon did. She gave lots of folks a story to tell. For the most part, it seems like what she is really good at, so she is perfect for this show. 

More proof that she is nuts. She did this and then took to social media to talk about it. Sorry, but a person who does this is not right in the head. There is something fundamentally wrong with someone who acts this way. I'm sure David is well aware of this and told his side-piece all about it during foreplay.  Should she ever decide to interview and confess what David revealed, that would be interesting. Having said that, I will say the same thing I have always said: David is a total and complete asshole.  Terry had it right; I just wish he hadn't changed his mind. 

• Love 5

They can be seen in public all they want.  All of Shannon's coworkers knew the dirt because apparently Nicole was pretty chatty.  So that is on her for first having the affair, two being chatty and three befriending Shannon.

We don't know if Reed is an innocent spouse.  As they have chosen to keep their infidelities private.  The kids live this at home whether or not it is publicizes means little.  Mom was banging Coach Beador-has nothing to do with the show it had far more to do with the two participants being indiscreet. 

We know nothing about Nicole's husband Reed, NOTHING and to even suggest or hint that he might have had an affair(s) is wrong IMO. As far as anyone here knows, Reed is just as much a victim as Shannon is and should be afforded the same support and sympathy she is getting. That he has kept his pain/humiliation private from TV land/the world at large is admirable, not condemnable and Shannon should take a page from him and not act like everyone in the world needs/wants to know/see her very dirty laundry.

As I said before, for someone that claims her marriage is the BEST it has ever been, she sure acts like it is the opposite IMO.

• Love 7

I think the six figure check from Evolution Media/Bravo would prove she has a career. 

No.  It proves she has a job, and that she, like every Housewife, has sought to have her personal life filmed for cash. 

Just because she's a wronged wife does not make her choosing to be a Housewife more of a career than it does any other Housewife.  Put Tamra's name in Shannon's, make her the wronged spouse, and say that the other woman's husband told her to can the theatrics because she wasn't getting paid to film, and see how that 'Reed [who probably maybe we don't know could have cheated too!] attacked her career!" line of speculation flies.  It doesn't.  It's not long-term or something worked for - I mean, Brandi gets flayed on the regular about how she has no skills, no career, no job (despite being a Housewife for a few seasons) despite a paycheck.  Shannon's not special and is increasingly IMO showing that she's as basic as any Housewife.  It's too bad.

By the way, Shannon is perhaps the only real 'housewife' the show has ever had because she has NEVER had a career, and apparently never worked at all until this job.  I'm not hating - I'm really not.  But isn't that the case?  That her whole life before marriage at 36 or so and motherhood relatively shortly thereafter (late 30s/early 40s) is a bit of a blank?  No graduate school, no fellowship/internship/independent study or degree hogging (like Aviva)?  Aviva, another no-career haver who tried to set fire to Carole's on RHONY for giggles?  (but who spent an additional 5 years in grad school and sold 1 essay, at least, besides having her own two marriages and brood?)

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 2

Shannon tells her side of the story. I tend to believe her because I felt her retelling of events last season were pretty much on target with what we saw (as opposed to Heather and Tamra's constant revisions).

So, in this preview clip, Shannon tries to make the argument (in defense of Jimmy) that none of the house husbands would appreciate being put in the middle of a cat fight. Ahem, nice try, Shannon. May I introduce you to Ms. Terry Dubrow?

• Love 9

Personally, I don't feel I have the right to make the unilateral decision as to who has a career and who doesn't.

If David and McMackin applied just a little bit of thought as to how their decision to engage in an affair could impact the lives of others, including the lives of people they don't know, the events at the USC event probably would have played out a lot differently.

It is unreasonable for McMackin and her husband to expect they could control Shannon's emotions and reactions after McMackin inserted herself into the Beadors' marriage.

• Love 2

If Shannon had really "forgiven and forgotten" Nicole, as she seems to claim on the article, she would not have felt the need to say something to Nicole in the tunnel. If Nicole is really "flaunting herself" in front of Shannon and David, the wise move on Shannon's part would be to calmly comment to her husband how bizarre and desperate such behavior appears. Let him start to see Shannon as the serene, forgiving wife and Nicole as the potential bunny-boiler. Shannon doesnot know how to play this.

• Love 13

It is unreasonable for McMackin and her husband to expect they could control Shannon's emotions and reactions after McMackin inserted herself into the Beadors' marriage.

It is just as "unreasonable" for Shannon to expect that SHE/David can control Reed's emotions/reactions after David "inserted" himself into the McMackin marriage either. It goes both ways. That Shannon fired the first shot at that football game speaks volumes to me about Shannon and it is NOT good IMO.

• Love 8

Personally, I don't feel I have the right to make the unilateral decision as to who has a career and who doesn't.

If David and McMackin applied just a little bit of thought as to how their decision to engage in an affair could impact the lives of others, including the lives of people they don't know, the events at the USC event probably would have played out a lot differently.

But Shannon has never had a job let alone a career besides 2 seasons as a HW!  zoeysmom asserted that Nicole's husband was somehow in the wrong for 'mocking' Shannon's 'career' -- what career?  She ain't gone none!  This Bravo/Evolution check is apparently the first she's had not coming from a family or similar trust.  It is so frustrating to read things made factual, and please believe me, I am not maligning SAHMs - I am one and as such, my job does not garner a paycheck from an outside entity, and I currently have no career.  Words mean things!

I also am actually disturbed by the idea that Nicole's husband is trying to 'control' Shannon and her feelings.  I can't even put (too many) words to it.  This guy got hurt and humiliated and frankly, people don't see the cheated-on spouse as being male, the stereotype is wronged wife, not wronged husband.  He's a private citizen.  He in no-freaking-way signed up to have his life in the margins of this reality show.  It's just crazy, awful unfair for him to be maligned.  He has done nothing to do deserve that IMO.

• Love 11

But Shannon has never had a job let alone a career besides 2 seasons as a HW! zoeysmom asserted that Nicole's husband was somehow in the wrong for 'mocking' Shannon's 'career' -- what career? She ain't gone none! This Bravo/Evolution check is apparently the first she's had not coming from a family or similar trust. It is so frustrating to read things made factual, and please believe me, I am not maligning SAHMs - I am one and as such, my job does not garner a paycheck from an outside entity, and I currently have no career. Words mean things!

I also am actually disturbed by the idea that Nicole's husband is trying to 'control' Shannon and her feelings. I can't even put (too many) words to it. This guy got hurt and humiliated and frankly, people don't see the cheated-on spouse as being male, the stereotype is wronged wife, not wronged husband. He's a private citizen. He in no-freaking-way signed up to have his life in the margins of this reality show. It's just crazy, awful unfair for him to be maligned. He has done nothing to do deserve that IMO.

IMO, McMackin's husband would not be in the position he is in if it weren't for the poor choices his wife and David made.

I continue to maintain I do not have the right to declare who has a career versus a job etc. It would be arrogant, disrespectful, and marginalizing of me to do so.

I don't know what Shannon did before she joined RHOC. Since I don't have any information to draw from, I can't make any conclusions. The lack of information is not information, IMO.

• Love 2

Shannon tells her side of the story.  Apparently, Nicole is not.   http://www.people.com/article/real-housewives-orange-county-shannon-beador?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag  It just seemed odd to me that my family who was there didn't see the big deal others reported.  So I am thinking it wasn;t a big deal.

I am sorry but Reed signed up the day his wife screwed the kid's basketball coach that has a wife on a reality show.  I guess maybe they need to come up with boundaries.  Maybe he didn't want it but it was left in his lap.  This really isn't a big deal.

• Love 4

IMO, McMackin's husband would not be in the position he is in if it weren't for the poor choices his wife and David made.

I continue to maintain I do not have the right to declare who has a career versus a job etc. It would be arrogant, disrespectful, and marginalizing of me to do so.

I don't know what Shannon did before she joined RHOC. Since I don't have any information to draw from, I can't make any conclusions. The lack of information is not information, IMO.

It is not arrogant, disrespectful and marginalizing to opine.  It is not, but it is insulting, provocative and unnecessary to post insinuations that others - not you, but obviously me - are engaging in marginalizing behavior by thinking differently.  It's unfair and it makes my opinion the subject and not Shannon, and it is intended to prevent me from pointing out that a basis of a discussion point is facually incorrect. 

The lack of information is not an actual lack of information here.  Every single HW on every single franchise has a bio highlighting past work if it 's not aired as part of her introductory season.  Every, every single one.   (Aviva's degrees were in the stead of work).  Where one was a SAHM and did charity, that was explicitly addressed (Mary of RHODC) or the SAHM role was made clear (Lynne Curtain, Tammy Knickerbocker before Lou's sham finances were clear in RHOOC).  Shannon did not work and had no career.  She had a pony she rode to buy lipstick.  She grew up with wealth and has lived that life.  I personally think it's underemphasized because there is a need to make a certain consonance with the whole cast, and this one includes triflin' Tammy and Vicki.  But let's not get it twisted and start making up a world where it's as likely as not that that Shannon could've been a D.A. and is just showing the quiet dignity demonstrated by her recorded adventures in at-home colon cleansing, but chooses consistently to never reference all that work she did in her 20s and 30s.  Sure.  And I'm Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and I post about this garbage when I'm not pressing my lace collar. 

• Love 7

Shannon tells her side of the story.  Apparently, Nicole is not.   http://www.people.com/article/real-housewives-orange-county-shannon-beador?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag  It just seemed odd to me that my family who was there didn't see the big deal others reported.  So I am thinking it wasn;t a big deal.

I am sorry but Reed signed up the day his wife screwed the kid's basketball coach that has a wife on a reality show.  I guess maybe they need to come up with boundaries.  Maybe he didn't want it but it was left in his lap.  This really isn't a big deal.

He didn't. 

• Love 9

But Shannon has never had a job let alone a career besides 2 seasons as a HW!  zoeysmom asserted that Nicole's husband was somehow in the wrong for 'mocking' Shannon's 'career' -- what career?  She ain't gone none!  This Bravo/Evolution check is apparently the first she's had not coming from a family or similar trust.  It is so frustrating to read things made factual, and please believe me, I am not maligning SAHMs - I am one and as such, my job does not garner a paycheck from an outside entity, and I currently have no career.  Words mean things!

I also am actually disturbed by the idea that Nicole's husband is trying to 'control' Shannon and her feelings.  I can't even put (too many) words to it.  This guy got hurt and humiliated and frankly, people don't see the cheated-on spouse as being male, the stereotype is wronged wife, not wronged husband.  He's a private citizen.  He in no-freaking-way signed up to have his life in the margins of this reality show.  It's just crazy, awful unfair for him to be maligned.  He has done nothing to do deserve that IMO.

How do you know Shannon has never had a job?  Shannon was in her mid-30s when she married David, so who is to say she never worked between the time she graduated and when she and David got married.

So Shannon signed up for David to cheat on her too?

By some of the opinions here, apparently so.

• Love 6

There are two stories out there as to what happened at the USC-Utah game and so far we don't know what really transpired.  What really happened is likely something in-between the two versions.  But of course people will believe whatever they are inclined to believe without knowing the whole truth.

The best thing for Shannon to have done would have been to just ignore the whole thing and walked away from the mistress.  Sometimes Shannon's judgement makes me shake my head.

As for ruining the game for the other people there, that's b.s.  I'm a USC alumna and I was at the game too.  If I had witnessed it, which I didn't, I'm sure I would have been a little intrigued about the exchange because of RHOC, but if I weren't a watcher of the show, I doubt it would have been more than a momentary diversion.  Sorry to disillusion people here, but USC fans care more about the game and what's going on with the team than some stupid RHOC drama.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 5

Maybe that got that wrong too??

I thought David went to Michigan for his undergraduate degree but went to USC for graduate school?

According to Shannon, David did get his MBA at Marshall, so he was a USC graduate too.

I have to roll me eyes at the first story though.  The mistress "walked" in front of them to get Shannon's attention?  Maybe, or she got up to pee, then got a beer and then decided to get some nachos.  The fact that Shannon is screaming out that this is the woman who slept with her husband is straight up embarrassing.  Those people around her didn't pay good money to watch a catfight.  They paid to watch the football game.

USC fans don't care about this catfight like people here do.

• Love 2

So Shannon signed up for David to cheat on her too?

This make no sense.  The day that Reed's wife screwed a reality star's husband she signed her husband up for public scrutiny.  Shannon went on a reality show thinking her husband was faithful.  I hope they move past it but the fault lies with David and Nicole. 

The Affair speaks (looks like they finally got enough money from the highest bidder, ET, to talk).

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/exclusive-ex-mistress-rhoc-star-014000177.html

Good luck on trying to keep bravo quiet.

• Love 3

The Affair speaks (looks like they finally got enough money from the highest bidder, ET, to talk, although she doesn't say anything interesting.)

Haha.  So if she got paid for this interview, can I call her a whore now?????? :P

Haha.  So if she got paid for this interview, can I call her a whore now?????? :P

That is, can I say the whore's whore now?

• Love 3

This make no sense.  The day that Reed's wife screwed a reality star's husband she signed her husband up for public scrutiny.  Shannon went on a reality show thinking her husband was faithful.  I hope they move past it but the fault lies with David and Nicole. 

Shannon went on a reality show knowing that her marriage was a mess. She can say all day long she didn't think infidelity was possible, but I will never believe that. These are two people who hadn't slept in the same bed in years, who according to Shannon were almost never together, even to the point that they had dinner out together at most 2 or 3 times a year. She might be able to make some people believe that the thought of David cheating had never occurred, but I just cannot think this is possible. 

• Love 6

How do you know Shannon has never had a job?  Shannon was in her mid-30s when she married David, so who is to say she never worked between the time she graduated and when she and David got married.

It is just strange that Shannon would never mention it. In every interview she has ever done, she says the same thing. She is a graduate of USC, then she got married and immediately had kids. Her bio says the exact same thing. There was a lot of time between when she would have graduated and when she would have married. If she had a career of any kind, why in the world would she never have talked about it? 

• Love 7

The Affair speaks (looks like they finally got enough money from the highest bidder, ET, to talk, although she doesn't say anything interesting.)

Interesting, basically it is another E online story that's a rehash of the last anonymous source from the last E online article. So now we know that it was one of the McMackins because some of the quotes are the same. Yet, the accusatory quotes about Shannon being the aggressor are not included this time.

So far, we have heard from Shannon and Reed. There is also a women Nikki Nysven on Twitter who says her brother was in Shannon's Instagram photo and her sister in law was texting Nikki during the game. She claims the original off the record source was not telling the truth and that the original report was false.

(I may have to believe her because I read way back on her Twitter feed to look for clues and was surprised to discover she knows a friend of mine from the East coast, as more than just a Twitter friend. My friend is a well known TV personality/reporter.)

I empathize with Reed McMackin and his family. Unfortunately for them, his wife chose to step out for a long term affair with the spouse of a reality tv participant and David was also featured on that show. Not only does that make Nicole a cheater with a lack of morals, but it shows her poor choices because obviously if the affair was discovered it was going to be fodder for the tabloids. It sounds like people are blaming Shannon for being on reality TV but Shannon wasn't the one that put a gun to Nicole's head to sleep with David. Nicole did continue to talk to Shannon at this time when Shannon was the aggrieved party. The blame of the ugly aftermath is the result of the consequences of having an affair not Shannon's TV job.

The victims are Reed and Shannon. I have no, none, nada sympathy for David or Nicole. These are the consequences of their actions.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

Interesting, basically it is another E online story that's a rehash of the last anonymous source from the last E online article. So now we know that it was one of the McMackins because some of the quotes are the same. Yet, the accusatory quotes about Shannon being the aggressor are not included this time.

So far, we have heard from Shannon and Reed. There is also a women Nikki Nysven on Twitter who says her brother was in Shannon's Instagram photo and her sister in law was texting Nikki during the game. She claims the original off the record source was not telling the truth and that the original report was false.

(I may have to believe her because I read way back on her Twitter feed to look for clues and was surprised to discover she knows a friend of mine from the East coast, as more than just a Twitter friend. My friend is a well known TV personality/reporter.)

I empathize with Reed McMackin and his family. Unfortunately for them, his wife chose to step out for a long term affair with the spouse of a reality tv participant and David was also featured on that show. Not only does that make Nicole a cheater with a lack of morals, but it shows her poor choices because obviously if the affair was discovered it was going to be fodder for the tabloids. It sounds like people are blaming Shannon for being on reality TV but Shannon wasn't the one that put a gun to Nicole's head to sleep with David. Nicole did continue to talk to Shannon at this time when Shannon was the aggrieved party. The blame of the ugly aftermath is the result of the consequences of having an affair not Shannon's TV job.

The victims are Reed and Shannon. I have no, none, nada sympathy for David or Nicole. These are the consequences of their actions.

In the article above, Shannon - in  her own words - admits that she was the first one to say anything to Nicole.  She also admits to screaming into the stands that Nicole had slept with her husband: 

"I was coming down the stairs after using the restroom and she was coming through the tunnel and we literally were inches apart," explains Beador. "I very calmly said, 'You have a lot of nerve being here Nicole.' I thought, I always say nothing and I have to tell her I've had it and she needs to stop flaunting herself in front of me."

What ensued was a war of words. "She responded and screamed in my face, 'F--- you!' and pointed her finger at me. And then I got angry. I'm human. I got angry and screamed to the stands, 'This is who my husband had an affair with!' "

It is all  just so messed up. Why would Shannon think that Nicole and her husband had any less right to be at the football game than Shannon and David did? What if Nicole's husband had gone up to David and said the same thing to him? That is the thing that just keeps getting forgotten.  Nicole's husband is in the same position as Shannon is. He is also a victim here, yet Shannon thinks that her unfaithful husband should just be able to roam the earth free as a bird, while Nicole should be the one to stay locked up in her house. If David can be forgiven and move on with his life and his social engagements, why shouldn't Nicole be able to do the same thing? 

• Love 14

I don't think there's genuine sympathy for Reed here.  I was pretty sure that would happen from the jump, too.  Men who get cheated on get treated as weak and pathetic; they are presumed to have failed to control or satisfy their wives, so they are also, I think, assumed as guilty, and as if they helped create the circumstances leading to the mess.  It's never explicit but the feeling is there and it's so unfair!  He's the only one of the 3 who didn't do anything to expose his kids to this bullshit and yet he was accused of 'signing up' (NOT intiially phrased as 'his wife's infidelity signed him up') for a circus by going to a football game for a college HE apparently went to!  The Shannon worked! (TM Vicki) proposition is ludicrous and unsubstantiated on its face, and this no-career was floated as fact all because in 1 of the 2 gossip stories, Shannon got snapped at by Reed to simmer down, no money/cameras were involved, because she was allegedly making a scene (and of course that's flipped in the other story).  So now, Shannon had a career or a secret career, and Reed signed up for this mess.   Oh, and we don't know, but (posted upthread), perhaps Reed cheated first, so that led to this.  So really, Reed and Nicole and then David really maybe caused Shannon's pain!  If there were stage directions in posts here, I'd put in a note about David Beador exiting stage right, pursued by a bear and another mistress/sidepiece/whore/slampiecewhatevermakespeoplehappylinguistically.

But let us never mention the reality, as posted by motorcitymom65 in the epi thread, that Shannon had a whole first season where she explicitly TH'd that she signed up for this show to spotlight her marriage (maybe she meant a past career?) because she knew that sleeping in two different shifts, in two different rooms, for years, plural, was not good.  Yet she never thought infidelity was possible.  Interesting.

• Love 8

I have nothing but sympathy for Nicole's husband and children --- they did nothing wrong. Shannon resorting to yelling about the affair at the football game, was immature and hurtful to Nicole's family. She also embarrassed David, I'm sure. You can't say you are forgiving and moving on, then scream to the public who your husband's mistress was.....that's damaging your own relationship. I like Shannon, but she needs to calm the hell down. She has no right to tell anyone they cannot attend a public event....no right at all.

• Love 13

In the article above, Shannon - in her own words - admits that she was the first one to say anything to Nicole. She also admits to screaming into the stands that Nicole had slept with her husband:

"I was coming down the stairs after using the restroom and she was coming through the tunnel and we literally were inches apart," explains Beador. "I very calmly said, 'You have a lot of nerve being here Nicole.' I thought, I always say nothing and I have to tell her I've had it and she needs to stop flaunting herself in front of me."

What ensued was a war of words. "She responded and screamed in my face, 'F--- you!' and pointed her finger at me. And then I got angry. I'm human. I got angry and screamed to the stands, 'This is who my husband had an affair with!' "

It is all just so messed up. Why would Shannon think that Nicole and her husband had any less right to be at the football game than Shannon and David did? What if Nicole's husband had gone up to David and said the same thing to him? That is the thing that just keeps getting forgotten. Nicole's husband is in the same position as Shannon is. He is also a victim here, yet Shannon thinks that her unfaithful husband should just be able to roam the earth free as a bird, while Nicole should be the one to stay locked up in her house. If David can be forgiven and move on with his life and his social engagements, why shouldn't Nicole be able to do the same thing?

I absolutely agree Shannon's behavior here is messy. I agree the situation is messed up.

I just didn't believe that Nicole was all innocent in this incident according to the anonymous source in the first E online account. We also have the sister of Shannon's friend at the game tweeting her support for Shannon's version. Shannon stated she started it by admitting what she said and did at the game.

The only person Shannon needs to focus on forgiving is her husband. She doesn't owe Nicole anything. I do believe Shannon needs to stop engaging her or just not reacting. She should just ignore her.

I'm just speculating: The only thing I can think as to why Shannon says when she questions Nicole being at the games...perhaps Nicole didn't regularly attend USC football games but started to when she and David had the affair? Another words, Nicole didn't care to be there at that venue until she hooked up with David? I don't think she's saying they have no right to be there but she's insinuating that Nicole's interest coincided with her relationship with David began? We know Shannon and David go frequently from Shannon's Twitter/Instagram feeds. We know they took photos from USC games with Tamra and Heather MacDonald before Shannon was on RHOC. Shannon also mentions that the McMackins joined a sports club that she and David belong to...I don't know the truth, just saying what Shannon is claiming. Perhaps Shannon believes that Nicole shows up at places where she knows David will be? Who knows.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

I don't think there's genuine sympathy for Reed here.  I was pretty sure that would happen from the jump, too.  Men who get cheated on get treated as weak and pathetic; they are presumed to have failed to control or satisfy their wives, so they are also, I think, assumed as guilty, and as if they helped create the circumstances leading to the mess.  It's never explicit but the feeling is there and it's so unfair!  He's the only one of the 3 who didn't do anything to expose his kids to this bullshit and yet he was accused of 'signing up' (NOT intiially phrased as 'his wife's infidelity signed him up') for a circus by going to a football game for a college HE apparently went to!  The Shannon worked! (TM Vicki) proposition is ludicrous and unsubstantiated on its face, and this no-career was floated as fact all because in 1 of the 2 gossip stories, Shannon got snapped at by Reed to simmer down, no money/cameras were involved, because she was allegedly making a scene (and of course that's flipped in the other story).  So now, Shannon had a career or a secret career, and Reed signed up for this mess.   Oh, and we don't know, but (posted upthread), perhaps Reed cheated first, so that led to this.  So really, Reed and Nicole and then David really maybe caused Shannon's pain!  If there were stage directions in posts here, I'd put in a note about David Beador exiting stage right, pursued by a bear and another mistress/sidepiece/whore/slampiecewhatevermakespeoplehappylinguistically.

But let us never mention the reality, as posted by motorcitymom65 in the epi thread, that Shannon had a whole first season where she explicitly TH'd that she signed up for this show to spotlight her marriage (maybe she meant a past career?) because she knew that sleeping in two different shifts, in two different rooms, for years, plural, was not good.  Yet she never thought infidelity was possible.  Interesting.

I have a hard time grasping why it is hard to understand that Shannon's career is RHOC. Same as Meghan's.  The fact their husband's work and earn doesn't make it less of a career for them.   It is her job she gets paid for it.  I think the technical term is "television personality".  If Reed's wife had an affair with the local weather person's husband it would be the same thing.  It is not his fault per se but he cannot wallow in self pity over the affair being public as his wife, who he chooses to support, is the one who screwed  up and slept with a "television personality" husband.  I believe what all these women refer to their television personality as "branding themselves".  Bethenny Frankel started it. 

According to Shannon, she and David have had the same seats for ten years.  Whether it was by design or lack of options Nicole and Reed ended up apparently shouting distance away from the Beadors.  They have also joined the same sports club.  Of course they have the right to and I don't think Shannon has an superior position in attending these events or club.  One cannot claim they do not want to be in the spotlight and keep putting themselves in the proximity of a "television personality" with whom they have been at issue with-life just doesn't work that way.  Shannon also doesn't have the power to stop onlookers and people ready to sell or give stories to the tabloids when these people are proximity of her.  I am not saying it is fair it is just reality.

I am hoping for the remaining dignity of all involved the confrontations stop.  it does not bode well for any of them.

• Love 3

I have nothing but sympathy for Nicole's husband and children --- they did nothing wrong. Shannon resorting to yelling about the affair at the football game, was immature and hurtful to Nicole's family. She also embarrassed David, I'm sure. You can't say you are forgiving and moving on, then scream to the public who your husband's mistress was.....that's damaging your own relationship. I like Shannon, but she needs to calm the hell down. She has no right to tell anyone they cannot attend a public event....no right at all.

I agree with you on this, Shannon needs to control herself. Absolutely. I'm sure David was embarrassed.

Unfortunately for Nicole's husband, his wife had an affair with someone married to a reality show personality in their hometown. The blame rests with Nicole and David. I sympathize with Reed but the responsibility for the aftermath rests with his wife not Shannon in this situation.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 2

I agree with you on this, Shannon needs to control herself. Absolutely. I'm sure David was embarrassed.

Unfortunately for Nicole's husband, his wife had an affair with someone married to a reality show personality in their hometown. The blame rests with Nicole and David. I sympathize with Reed but the responsibility for the aftermath rests with his wife not Shannon in this situation.

Shannon is an adult and can control her own actions. Screaming at that woman is embarrassing. If Shannon can't control herself, maybe it is SHE who should watch what public places she goes rather than the other way around. In both versions of the story, Shannon is the one starting shit. The mistress has every right to go to the bathroom, get food and drink and whatever else she had to do that Shannon saw as "flaunting" and it was Shannon who decided to go up to the mistress and engage with her. Shannon is coming across as pathetic. Staying with the man who cheated on her for months, screaming at the mistress in public places, involving her kids in this mess in the most public ways possible. Who does this?
  • Love 7

Shannon is an adult and can control her own actions. Screaming at that woman is embarrassing. If Shannon can't control herself, maybe it is SHE who should watch what public places she goes rather than the other way around. In both versions of the story, Shannon is the one starting shit. The mistress has every right to go to the bathroom, get food and drink and whatever else she had to do that Shannon saw as "flaunting" and it was Shannon who decided to go up to the mistress and engage with her. Shannon is coming across as pathetic. Staying with the man who cheated on her for months, screaming at the mistress in public places, involving her kids in this mess in the most public ways possible. Who does this?

Here's the thing. I don't think any sane person disagrees with your comments here. Shannon is high strung and needs to learn how to control her impulses, for sure!

I have never been in Shannon's shoes. If that happened to me, I can't say I would be able to stay in control and taken the high road when in the vicinity of the other woman. I think I would have and continue to be the mature person, I certainly hope so, but can't say for sure.

Shannon needs to pursue or continue with individual counseling. She would gain more from focusing on her emotional healing and spending less time with Dr. Moon.

What I do think, is that Shannon feels that Nicole is needling her by planning to be around her physically in spite of Nicole's husband's statements that they both just want to be left alone. I'm sure Reed wants it all to stop and the conflict to end. Of course. But Nicole? Maybe it's Shannon's imagination. Maybe not. Since Nicole chatted Shannon up at the basketball games while pretending to be friendly with Shannon and having an affair with David, I would not be surprised if Nicole is purposely going places that she knows Shannon and David will be.

• Love 4

I have a hard time grasping why it is hard to understand that Shannon's career is RHOC. Same as Meghan's.  The fact their husband's work and earn doesn't make it less of a career for them.   It is her job she gets paid for it.  I think the technical term is "television personality".  If Reed's wife had an affair with the local weather person's husband it would be the same thing.  It is not his fault per se but he cannot wallow in self pity over the affair being public as his wife, who he chooses to support, is the one who screwed  up and slept with a "television personality" husband.  I believe what all these women refer to their television personality as "branding themselves".  Bethenny Frankel started it. 

At this point, I think this is a "job" vs. a career.  It could end tomorrow if her contract is not renewed. Should she find another reality show gig, then I guess she could call this her career.  For the record, I have zero doubt that if this ended tomorrow she would show up on another realty show because I think she digs it like crazy.  I do believe that Shannon thinks this is a career because she has probably never worked before in her life.  

• Love 3

Ok I have another theory on what went down at the USC game and I think each story has some truth.....

If Shannon and David have always had those seats, Nicoke and Reed being 10-15 rows in front of them, was not the norm. According to Shannon, Nicole knew from David where their seats were and therefore picked those seats on purpose. And this of course set Shannon off, which I understand, if it was actually done on purpose. However, I don't think THOSE seat tickets were purchased on purpose. I think it was an unfortunate cooincidence. I'm sure David mentioned going to USC games to Nicole, but that doesn't mean she commited to memory where his seats were. It's a big stadium.

So Shannon starts getting emotionally worked up once she sees Nicole in front of them at the game, and I'm sure Shannon has more than likely imbibed with some vodka and lime at some point. I like Shannon, but I do find her to be very emotional and she wears it on her sleeve. So by the time she "bumps" into Nicole, she's got herself convinced that Nicole is taunting her. Nicole on the other hand may have done nothing other than just being there. I can see her also getting emotionally worked up and thinking that here she goes again dealing with this shit. Unfortunately these couples run in similar circles and live near each other, therefore have increased the odds of running into each other. Makes me think of that quote.....Don't shit where you eat. Anyway back to my theory.......I think both women over reacted. I can see Nicole sneering "fuck you" at Shannon. Especially if Shannon assumed that Nicole was stalking her and David. And I can see Shannon thinking...I've had it with is BS and not saying anything. Sadly, I think they both over reacted and made fools of themselves. I'm not sure where Reed figures into all of this or when his remark was made. I didn't get the feeling that he was with Nicole during the confrontation.

Now if Nicole actually planned to be there just to taunt Shannon......all bets are off. I just have a hard time believing that.

• Love 7

Ok I have another theory on what went down at the USC game and I think each story has some truth.....

If Shannon and David have always had those seats, Nicoke and Reed being 10-15 rows in front of them, was not the norm. According to Shannon, Nicole knew from David where their seats were and therefore picked those seats on purpose. And this of course set Shannon off, which I understand, if it was actually done on purpose. However, I don't think THOSE seat tickets were purchased on purpose. I think it was an unfortunate cooincidence. I'm sure David mentioned going to USC games to Nicole, but that doesn't mean she commited to memory where his seats were. It's a big stadium.

So Shannon starts getting emotionally worked up once she sees Nicole in front of them at the game, and I'm sure Shannon has more than likely imbibed with some vodka and lime at some point. I like Shannon, but I do find her to be very emotional and she wears it on her sleeve. So by the time she "bumps" into Nicole, she's got herself convinced that Nicole is taunting her. Nicole on the other hand may have done nothing other than just being there. I can see her also getting emotionally worked up and thinking that here she goes again dealing with this shit. Unfortunately these couples run in similar circles and live near each other, therefore have increased the odds of running into each other. Makes me think of that quote.....Don't shit where you eat. Anyway back to my theory.......I think both women over reacted. I can see Nicole sneering "fuck you" at Shannon. Especially if Shannon assumed that Nicole was stalking her and David. And I can see Shannon thinking...I've had it with is BS and not saying anything. Sadly, I think they both over reacted and made fools of themselves. I'm not sure where Reed figures into all of this or when his remark was made. I didn't get the feeling that he was with Nicole during the confrontation.

Now if Nicole actually planned to be there just to taunt Shannon......all bets are off. I just have a hard time believing that.

All completely plausible, IMO.

The thing that is interesting to me, as someone who attends a lot of sporting events, is that being seated 15 rows apart is not particularly that close. In a completely full stadium (and that one was packed), it would be hard to pick out someone who was sitting 15 rows in front of you. It would be easier to not notice them than to notice them. My guess is that had they not run into each other going to/from the bathroom, they wouldn't have even seen each other. It also makes the fact that Nicole's husband apparently heard Shannon scream into the crowd that she was the woman who had slept with her husband all the more incredible. Stadiums are very loud. There is always noise coming from everywhere - music playing when the action on the field stops, etc. The fact that Shannon was so loud as to make herself heard over to Reed means that she was being extremely loud and obnoxious. Its incredible really. 

• Love 7

At this point, I think this is a "job" vs. a career.  It could end tomorrow if her contract is not renewed. Should she find another reality show gig, then I guess she could call this her career.  For the record, I have zero doubt that if this ended tomorrow she would show up on another realty show because I think she digs it like crazy.  I do believe that Shannon thinks this is a career because she has probably never worked before in her life.  

She worked in finance.  At last the mystery is solved. 

The thing that is interesting to me, as someone who attends a lot of sporting events, is that being seated 15 rows apart is not particularly that close. In a completely full stadium (and that one was packed), it would be hard to pick out someone who was sitting 15 rows in front of you. It would be easier to not notice them than to notice them. My guess is that had they not run into each other going to/from the bathroom, they wouldn't have even seen each other. It also makes the fact that Nicole's husband apparently heard Shannon scream into the crowd that she was the woman who had slept with her husband all the more incredible. Stadiums are very loud. There is always noise coming from everywhere - music playing when the action on the field stops, etc. The fact that Shannon was so loud as to make herself heard over to Reed means that she was being extremely loud and obnoxious. Its incredible really. 

Apparently, they had seen them in the same seats before -15 rows would be about 45-60 feet or 15-20 yards.  So it would be like yelling across a large room into the next.  All I can think of is I can hear my husband from 45 feet away when he asks where his keys are-I wouldn't saying he was yelling (because that has a negative connotation) but I certainly hear him.  I think Shannon should be saving her shout outs for the team.  I don't think Shannon should be focused on this woman's presence at all.  It is annoying because she is letting the woman rent space in her head.

• Love 2

She worked in finance.  At last the mystery is solved. 

This was not the career you referenced Reed 'mocking.'  THAT is what incited all of this conversation.  Too bad the goalposts keep getting moved.

I haven't read all of the accounts but if indeed the one constant is Shannon approaching Nicole, she needs to figure out how to not do that.  I am being completely straight when Shannon is primarily being unfair to HERSELF in engaging.  It can't feel satisfying at this point to engage with Nicole. 

• Love 3

In the beginning I almost liked Shannon. As the season went on and we saw more of Shannon my thoughts about her changed and I began to dislike her. By the end of the season I could barely stand looking at her popping eyes and listen to her shrill voice. I don't know how David has been able to live with her this long. I can understand her desire to eat healthy and surround her family in a home that's healthy but it's looking more like an obsession. When a woman eats an orange and feels that instantly her stomach popped out and she just HAD to do a colonic irrigation of her colon, that's not normal. Sorry, but it's just NOT normal. I'm starting to think that Shannon has a totally unnatural aversion to gas and bloating. Shannon should understand that it's normal for certain food to produce gases in the intestines and that frequent colon cleansing is going to destroy the good bacteria normally found in the intestines and can actually be very damaging. Shannon is neurotic when it comes to her health nearly to the point where it becomes unhealthy.

• Love 6

Well in Shannon's version of the story, Nicole had walked past them several times. That tells me that Shannon already knew that the McMackins had season tickets in those seats and was watching for Nicole. As you said, 15 rows apart is not particularly close. As for Reed hearing Shannon and making his comment, I can easily see Nicole telling him about the confrontation in the tunnel when she got back, he turns around and sees/hears Shannon screaming at the top of her lungs. Can you imagine if this happened at a restaurant? Oy.
  • Love 2

I agree I think she has found her niche in reality TV.  Reed still made a crack about her job or career.  He was the one to reference money-so obviously he thinks she earns money for "television personality".