Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Joyce's LuLu Bang, unPack, Sunscreenr, Potato Parcel

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

They mentioned most of their extremely small customer base was men, and I was like, of course they are. Most women don't just want any clothes when they travel, they want specific clothes.

I don't know one man who would want someone to choose their clothes, not one, even if they were new.   I say this with confidence, there is no need to poll them.  I was not convinced they had ANY clients.  Most of us wear jeans often if not daily, we certainly take them on vacation or a business trip.  Can you imagine someone packing usesd jeans for anyone?!  It takes time to find the perfect fit.   They would say, oh we don't pack jeans, you bring your own.  Whatta ya bet?  

I was telling my boyfriend "The sauce ladies need to use plastic bottles, that's what all BBQ sauces come in." Sure enough, I went to their website and it's now in plastic containers. Pricey, 2 jars are $15.98 and that doesn't include shipping. I will see if my local Walmart has any on the shelves as I'd like to try it. 

Unpack guys were idiots. No way am I wearing clothes if I don't know where they've been previously. 

The sunscreen thing is too pricey for me, even if the guy is from Chapel Hill. Go Heels!

• Love 1

I'm the guy who likes to try every sauce I can. Local grocery stores carry probably 20 different brands of BBQ sauce, some brands with multiple flavors. Needless to say, my fridge has a large majority of those in it.

I'd love to give Lulu  Bang a try.

I'm not a big stickler for all natural, organic, locally sourced groceries. But at $8 a bottle I want a sauce made with good, high quality ingredients. I can get something that was made with fresh, organic ingredients for the same $8 and you better believe that's the one I'm choosing.

Here is their ingredient list: Tomato Concentrate, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Salt, Spices, Carmel Color, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Water, Natural Hickory Smoke Concentrate, Cayenne Pepper.

(To be clear, I don't have a problem with their ingredients. If people want to eat it, I don't care. I'd eat it. But I think their online price is insane for what you get. $3.99 at Wal-Mart is the perfect spot for this.)

• Love 4

When my daughter was in high school she started calling my husband potato as a joke.  I cannot remember the reason but I think it had something to do with a foreign language word she'd messed up.  She's about to get married and I am going to tell her to send her dad one of those potato grams because he'd love it.  

Also my friend's teenager recently told her that she wanted to mail a potato to a friend because she'd read online that you could even without packaging.  My friend thought she was crazy.  They just missed a business opportunity.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2016 at 7:58 PM, wings707 said:

I don't know one man who would want someone to choose their clothes, not one, even if they were new.   I say this with confidence, there is no need to poll them.  I was not convinced they had ANY clients.  Most of us wear jeans often if not daily, we certainly take them on vacation or a business trip.  Can you imagine someone packing usesd jeans for anyone?!  It takes time to find the perfect fit.   They would say, oh we don't pack jeans, you bring your own.  Whatta ya bet?  

I know a couple men who'd be willing, but I can believe they are rare. I think most of the clients were friends of theirs. The one guy pitching said he used it for the trip to be on Shark Tank. I bet he counted himself as a customer.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CoolMom said:

When my daughter was in high school she started calling my husband potato as a joke.  I cannot remember the reason but I think it had something to do with a foreign language word she'd messed up.  She's about to get married and I am going to tell her to send her dad one of those potato grams because he'd love it.  

"Papa" in Spanish means potato. Maybe that's where it came from? Also, it's a cute story :)

• Love 3

Not sure if it still exists, but I once gave a year's subscription to a "Potato of the Month" club as a wedding present. The couple who already had enough household stuff loved it and joked about it for years. And I guess they got a monthly bag of different heirloom type potatoes .  There is just something inherently amusing about potatoes and they have a great shelf life, no refrigeration needed. The potato guys will make a quick bunch of money for a few months and can move on. Not sure why they picked a shark. All they needed was exposure. The business has a shelf life shorter than th potatoes . 

• Love 1
On October 30, 2016 at 5:20 PM, marny said:

Wasn't there a company back in Season 1 (maybe 2?) that was doing the same thing as the Potato Parcel but was shipping rubber balls with handwritten personal messages on them? It was literally the same concept, but wouldn't eventually rot.

Yes! I couldn't believe none of the Sharks mentioned that! Exact same idea.

If someone wanted to not check a suitcase, there is nothing preventing them from getting a box and mailing their OWN clothes directly to their hotel. It would be cheaper than Unpack and you'd have your own damn clothes. That really was the worst business idea I've ever heard.

• Love 5