Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: KMFORGET

At the Farm, Harry is still suspicious of Alex and Ryan, and he’s determined to learn more about their plan, while Leon is recruited for a special assignment by Owen. Meanwhile, in the future, Alex continues to run from the terrorists but faces her toughest challenge yet when the terrorists corner her.

The language deal:  That was a big WTF for me.  She's prattling on in Swahili, and Alex knows exactly what she is saying.  Whaaaat?  I was thinking maybe the helmets have built in translators, but she wasn't wearing hers at the time.  Anyway, the core group of terrorists are bound to notice that their ranks are getting thinner by the minute.  Pretty soon even the FBI will be able to storm the building.

• Love 2

The language thing is a big wtf?! Another wtf is why she was running around without the mask. Shouldn't she be trying to blend in? Why is she not recognizing any of the voices? What is Will agreeing to and why? Why has she not cottoned on to the fact Miranda told them she was in there?

So many questions, and no answers! 

• Love 2

I'm finding myself lost in the training exercises, with the many layers of identify and the double-crossing going on. I would think much of this counter productive to actually learning how to be an agent. It seems like they spend more time trying to out each other in some way then in actually learning something. So everyone in the CIA recruitment class is a double triple secret agent of some sort? Ok. Also losing interest in the current day situation since it seems mostly focused on Alex being some super hero. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I'm finding myself lost in the training exercises, with the many layers of identify and the double-crossing going on. I would think much of this counter productive to actually learning how to be an agent. It seems like they spend more time trying to out each other in some way then in actually learning something. So everyone in the CIA recruitment class is a double triple secret agent of some sort? Ok. Also losing interest in the current day situation since it seems mostly focused on Alex being some super hero. 

6 hours ago, mertensia said:

Apparently the writers sit around trying to out think each other when it comes to loony things to have the recruits do. 

It's why none of this works, they're not actually learning anything of importance, so it doesn't apply to the present day scenarios which relies more on the characters stumbling from one plot point to the next.

6 hours ago, ReeBee85 said:

The language thing is a big wtf?! Another wtf is why she was running around without the mask. Shouldn't she be trying to blend in? Why is she not recognizing any of the voices? What is Will agreeing to and why? Why has she not cottoned on to the fact Miranda told them she was in there?

So many questions, and no answers! 

You would think being covert while being trapped with a bunch of armed terrorists is crucial, but not Alex.

11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

The language deal:  That was a big WTF for me.  She's prattling on in Swahili, and Alex knows exactly what she is saying.  Whaaaat?  I was thinking maybe the helmets have built in translators, but she wasn't wearing hers at the time.  Anyway, the core group of terrorists are bound to notice that their ranks are getting thinner by the minute.  Pretty soon even the FBI will be able to storm the building.

It should've been obvious when the body came crashing down, Alex failing to be covert, and the characters 'whispering' so loudly that they should've been able to hear that.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Don't know which point you mean, but when the random terrorist faked Alex's death they were speaking Hindi (or conversational Urdu, if you'd like, but I think they intended Hindi given Alex's childhood). 

• Love 1

I actually enjoyed this episode, which is rare this season. Most of them seem to be a jumbled mess; not saying this ep wasn't, just that I enjoyed it. I think it's a moot point, based on the ratings, it will be a miracle if this is renewed. Hell, if they had something they thought would do better, they might pull it right now. I'm amazed that they were able to sell it to Netflix ( which is a whole other matter, I hate what shows Netflix has bought in the last year or so). I guess you can blame the World Series and SNF, but a .6 for a network show is pathetic.

I'm not sure if I'm suppose to have a horse in this race, but I was pretty much enjoying anytime Doyle got one over Alex, Ryan, and the rest.  I'm not saying he's the most original character out there in television, but at least he's fun and Russell Tovey is able to get something out of this material that can be entertaining.

So, again, another test that ends up being something different then what it originally told.  At this point, the cadets really need to just ignore the set-up, because they have to know that it is all bullshit.  Yawn.

Will ends up protecting Miranda from Shelby's probing, but it sounds like he found something that makes him believe that she isn't just doing all this because she is bad.  So, I guess she's being blackmailed or something?

This season is really losing me.  It was never exactly good, but it at least use to be fun.  I'm not sure what this is anymore.

• Love 2

Harry is MI6? So the Farm has 2 FBI agents, 1 MI6 agent and 1 former drug cartel/man of mystery? Getting kinda crowded there. If I was a regular recruit, I'd be mad there were so many ringers/experts there.

Could Alex, Ryan and Owen been more obvious they had ear pieces?

• Love 2
On 11/2/2016 at 11:19 AM, snuffles said:

Harry is MI6? So the Farm has 2 FBI agents, 1 MI6 agent and 1 former drug cartel/man of mystery? Getting kinda crowded there. If I was a regular recruit, I'd be mad there were so many ringers/experts there.

Could Alex, Ryan and Owen been more obvious they had ear pieces?

Being undercover isn't their forte, especially since they're so obvious all the time, Alex/Ryan constant bickering in public, and the present day hostage crisis where it didn't take long for Alex to get exposed.

I don't remember us knowing Will was into dudes (or into anybody, actually) before. Was this actually something from last season? It's just that they made such a huge thing of Simon being gay/not gay last year, but Will certainly didn't seem to get the same fêteing for being out. Which seems a little unfair. The only thing I remember about Will is that he folds his socks.

But then, we didn't know Nimah was fluent in Swahili last year, either. For that matter, why is Nimah fluent in Swahili? How is Alex fluent in Swahili? Why is everyone fluent in Swahili all of a sudden? I wish I trusted this show to explain.

I meant to post this relative to my earlier comment on that very subject.  The fact is, the great majority of viewers don't know either Swahili or Hindi, and in that scene the conversation went by so fast most of us probably assumed it was Swahili, as that had been the go to secret speech.  Closed captioning reveals it to be Hindi, but the viewer should not have to employ CC for the entire show to catch a snippet of dialogue.  Just poor planning on the writers' part.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

Alex isn't fluent in Swahili. She parroted one phrase. The conversation she had with the terrorist/savior was actually in hindi.

Not the conversation in Hindi, I'm talking about the 'parroting' idea. The odds of choosing the exact correct phrase for the situation you are in from listening to other people saying a whole bunch of stuff in a language you don't understand at all are ridiculously low. Maybe even too ridiculous for this show.

I'm calling it, Alex totally speaks Swahili.

Oh, and I just right now realised that this terrible show has become my replacement for 'Revenge'. I didn't even know I wanted a replacement for 'Revenge'. 

Edited by Lebanna