Type keyword(s) to search

The Odd Couple (2015) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Felix looked really funny with the beard last week. It didn't suit him at all but that's what I loved about it. Didn't see it this week but I have it DVR'd. It does seem like the show came back really quickly from last summer.

On 10/25/2016 at 1:25 AM, CarolMK said:

I thought Felix looked really funny with the beard last week. It didn't suit him at all but that's what I loved about it. Didn't see it this week but I have it DVR'd. It does seem like the show came back really quickly from last summer.

They expanded Monday's so brought it back for the fall as opposed to mid season.

• Love 1

If Matt LeBlanc's show does well they should have the Odd Couple follow it instead of 2 Broken Girls.  That show is too low brow . It doesn't fit well to me on their lineup 

I really like the ensemble feel of this cast. Hope it stays.

Edited by AstaCharles
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed the Halloween episode tonight. A lot of work went into it overall. Hope this doesn't end up getting cancelled. I like the dynamic of Oscar and Felix with their girlfriends and their neighbor and assistant. It's a good cast. 

• Love 3

I just really like this show.  It's funny.  I like that.  Thomas Lennon as Felix is awesome.  He's my fave.  I liked Felix with little Einstein on the Halloween episode.  Best part was the boy at the end saying his dogs were barking.  Cracked me up. 

• Love 1

I really liked the most recent episode, with Oscar and Felix on a journey with his father's ashes. The guest stars from past Garry Marshall shows were nice to see. It was a little jarring that Marion Ross is supposed to be Penny Marshall's mother (and, apparently, Cindy Williams, since didn't she say Patty was her sister?). Marion Ross is 88 to Penny's 73, but she looks so much younger. Did Penny Marshall have a stroke or something? It looked like she could barely talk.

I love Geoff Stults, with or without a beard, but he looks really good with one. I hope he keeps it.

I'm surprised how much I come to like this iteration of "The Odd Couple." I watch the original TV series on MeTV on Sundays, so it's nice to see the contrast. This version is much more an ensemble. 

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 3

Great episode tonight. I can't believe they got back so many of the cast from Happy Days. Great to see them all, the only one I didn't recognize was Pam Dawber since I was never a Mork and Mindy fan. Happy Days was a big part of my early teen years (at least the first 4 seasons, anyway). 

I was wondering if the writers were originally intending for Garry Marshall to become a regular guest star on the show when he came on last season. Now I wish I could re-watch that episode but it's not available on Comcast on Demand at this time.

• Love 1

I thought it was lovely and surprising how many stars of past Gary Marshall shows were on, and how amazingly different some of them looked, as well as how much some of them still look the same.  And I couldn't help but think, with Pam Dawber there, that it made me miss Robin Williams again.  I like to think he wold have joined in the tribute as well, even if only via video link like Ron Howard.

• Love 2

The actress playing the new assistant was Mrs. Patmore from Downton Abbey. She was great!

Sorry Emily broke up with Felix but I'm not all that surprised. Wonder where Oscar's girlfriend has been lately btw?

It's fun to watch Oscar at work with his radio show. Wonder why we don't see as much with Felix working. 

• Love 1

I still really like this show, but I'm sorry to have read that it won't be going beyond 13 episodes. I guess the network doesn't officially call it cancelled, but i guess it's not being renewed. Too bad. Hard to find good comedy on network television, and I personally liked this better than 2 Broke Girls, which has managed to survive into the 6th season now.

• Love 3

The newest episode was a little weird. Charlotte  'dating' Felix over and over again while Oscar didn't try to stop it, and Charlotte openly hitting on Felix was strange. None of them should have let it get so far.

• Love 2

Next week looks like it's going to be the final episode. I saw something in the description about the fact that Oscar and Felix are going to search for new roommates. I guess they must have known ahead of time that this was going to be the end. I'm sorry to see it go but for whatever reason, the ratings weren't good enough to continue with it.

• Love 1