Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Stescalade

Take THAT, Miranda! Shelby had a backup! Which was the only good thing about the episode. Why the wedding planner character? She was like a pale imitation of Orphan Black's Alison, without the personality or humor. And who did Alex unmask? I thought it was a "Big Reveal", but I've watched since the beginning, and, unless that was Marcia Cross, I have no clue. And why couldn't Ryan unmask his if Alex could do hers so easily? Nothing is consistent on this show, except the stupid twists to every exercise/lesson.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

Take THAT, Miranda! Shelby had a backup! Which was the only good thing about the episode. Why the wedding planner character? She was like a pale imitation of Orphan Black's Alison, without the personality or humor. And who did Alex unmask? I thought it was a "Big Reveal", but I've watched since the beginning, and, unless that was Marcia Cross, I have no clue. And why couldn't Ryan unmask his if Alex could do hers so easily? Nothing is consistent on this show, except the stupid twists to every exercise/lesson.

Shelby finally did something smart for the show, it only makes Alex look even worse though as she continues to have nothing but bad judgments.

• Love 2

I swear, I feel like Blair Underwood is already getting bored with this.  Don't get me wrong: he's still one of the best on this show already, but I really feel like anytime I see him on screen, he already looks and sounds like he's thinking "Oh, great!  Another exposition dump, followed by a bunch of empty platitudes and hard life lessons!  I made a huge mistake!"  This is only the third episode, Blair!

Oh, wow.  This new wedding planner character is already the most annoying one this season, and that is really saying something.  Outside of Doyle and his snark, none of the newbies is impressing me, and it wasn't like the originals or the second group from last season were exactly the most layered characters either.  But I was actually almost happy when Will popped up at the end.  And I'm actually really hoping Caleb returns, which I never would have predicted this time last year.

So, Miranda really is part of this terrorist plot?  She seems to be going out of her way to thwart Alex.  Although, it is hilarious that it all fell apart (for now at least), because of Shelby, who I'm pretty sure Miranda always underestimated.  Ha! (although, I really can't fully blame her.)

It sounds like Doyle at least doesn't complete the training, and he and Ryan end up having some kind of beef.  Yawn!  Oh, and it already looks like both Ryan and Alex's eyes are wondering, with Ryan clearly crushing on Dayana and Alex getting up close with Leon.  Yawn, again!

Is Chen really just here to be the silent, serious Asian character?  It really isn't helping that NBC's The Good Place is currently, hilariously, and awesomely turning that cliche on its head at the moment.

That fight scene was poorly shot and I kept thinking I was suppose to know who that woman was, but I didn't.  At least Priyanka Chopra's hair was out of place, so you knew Alex got put through the ringer!

In the end, I think the best scene that summarizes this show is how everyone looked legitimately proud over calling the potential terrorist organization the AIC a.k.a. CIA backwards.  The best and brightest, folks! 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

who did Alex unmask?

I've watched it over again. The woman she unmasked is the same woman standing in front of the class after they all get back from the exercise in the bush. She isn't a recruit.

I don't think Miranda is acting with the terrorists. It's too obvious. All the way through season 1, they kept giving us red herrings so we'd think that it was a particular person who was the terrorist and then it turned out to be someone who didn't even have shade cast on him through the whole season (which I predicted by the way). It's always the person you don't expect. If they're following the same format for season 2, it won't end up being Miranda. There'll be some sort of sub-plot we'll find out later that clears her as a suspect; even using Alex as a diversion tactic so the terrorists are focusing on her instead of something else. Remember the bit about "hiding in plain sight"? I'm certain that's relevant here somewhere. 

On another note, I'm glad Alex is not wearing those damn heels anymore. All I could think as she was running is "are these magic heels? How are they not making a racket? How have they not heard her yet?" ha ha

Here's what I don't get though - why would she throw the body down into where the terrorists all are? Why wouldn't she dispose of the body somewhere hidden and continue surveilling or making a plan? It would at least buy her some time to get more intell.  Surely throwing the body in there would be like waving a red flag at a bull because they now know she is still alive and it would be harder for her to blend in now.

Edited by ReeBee85
Additional thoughts :)
  • Love 2

It's never a good sign when I have to read multiple reviews of a show to figure out the episode. According to TV line, she unmasked one of the trainers from The Farm. 

I'm about to give up on this show. Last season was pretty bad, but at least I could keep track of it. There are so many new characters and the plot seems so convoluted. Not to mention the lighting on the show sucks in so many scenes that it makes it even harder to follow.

In the end, I think the best scene that summarizes this show is how everyone looked legitimately proud over calling the potential terrorist organization the AIC a.k.a. CIA backwards.  The best and brightest, folks! 

They might as well recruit elementary schoolers then.

Here's what I don't get though - why would she throw the body down into where the terrorists all are? Why wouldn't she dispose of the body somewhere hidden and continue surveilling or making a plan? It would at least buy her some time to get more intell.  Surely throwing the body in there would be like waving a red flag at a bull because they now know she is still alive and it would be harder for her to blend in now.

It's so stupid, there's no reason to give up the element of surprise while you still have it.

It really isn't helping that NBC's The Good Place is currently, hilariously, and awesomely turning that cliche on its head at the moment.

That's the difference between a good and bad show.

5 hours ago, deaja said:

It's never a good sign when I have to read multiple reviews of a show to figure out the episode. According to TV line, she unmasked one of the trainers from The Farm. 

I'm about to give up on this show. Last season was pretty bad, but at least I could keep track of it. There are so many new characters and the plot seems so convoluted. Not to mention the lighting on the show sucks in so many scenes that it makes it even harder to follow.

I didn't even know it was supposed to be a reveal until I got here, the character didn't stand out at all, it just felt like she was fighting an unnamed fodder.

10 hours ago, ReeBee85 said:

why would she throw the body down into where the terrorists all are?

Since she pinned a note to the dead terrorist that said "2 Down", I have to think she's channeling John McLain, and will now take them out one by one.  Unless, of course, the FBI cuts the power to the entire grid.

• Love 7
On 10/17/2016 at 7:38 AM, ReeBee85 said:

I've watched it over again. The woman she unmasked is the same woman standing in front of the class after they all get back from the exercise in the bush. She isn't a recruit.

It would have made more sense to show her as a trainer BEFORE the fight scene.   My husband and I had to rewind it and then go back. It wasn't clear.  #fail

• Love 2

Take THAT, Miranda! Shelby had a backup!

This made me laugh as I half expected Miranda to throw a fit, and yell: "Curses, foiled again!"  I have to believe she's running some kind of counter-counter intelligence thing, and is only pretending to be on the terrorists' side.  I also love the odd the combination Miranda has going with her boss lady suits, and a hairstyle that looks like the actress fried a dead poodle on her head.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we find out at some point that they were running on a tight shooting schedule and the actress playing Miranda had to do her scenes while only halfway through the hair/make up process.   

• Love 1

"Always be assessing". Heh, it sounds like a title of a late 80's/early 90's rap song.

Could Miranda and the IT guy be more obvious? Maybe Shelby knows what's really up and the dumb blond act is all an act.

Why are Ryan and Nimeh allowed to talk so freely? Why are they not being more careful when they are talking? It's like everyone in the room can hear what they are plotting and yet Ryan and Nimeh seem oblivious to this. What's worse is they know there are terrorists among them.

The stupidity factor for this episode was a 9.5. Not quite back up to season 1 levels, but getting close.  I don't know why I keep watching this train wreck of a show.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, snuffles said:

The stupidity factor for this episode was a 9.5.

Honestly, that final shot of Alex slo-mo pulling up the mask and down the headpiece? I literally said 'I hate this show' out loud. She (or the writers, at least) legit thinks she's John McLane. She is and they are wrong...