Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: All Stars Supergroup

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I'll probably watch the reunion for any tea, but I'm not expecting much out of it--more of a "well, it's on, guess I'll watch".  

Unless Ru takes the crown from Alaska (disqualifying her for try to bargain with the show prize/money), I dont thin there will be much to watch either.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I wonder this too because Michelle brought up her having a tantrum and it wasn't really shown she had that big of one on the main stage but when they untucked during the back during deliberations.

That's one of the reasons I've convinced myself this episode was filmed recently. That, the reference to Pork Chop in Alaska's rap, Roxxy's self-awareness (to a point), and Ru's question about editing as an excuse- to me they're things that only make sense in the context of how the show's been received by viewers.  I'd toss Alaska's last-minute worry over "Rolaskatox" in there too.  So, I don't think there's a lot of lost footage of Alaska throwing tantrums.

I don't even think they gave her a bad edit.  The last minute outburst injected some tension over the outcome and gave her a visible weakness to overcome, and overcoming weaknesses/setbacks is a big part of this kind of show.  I'm probably going too conspiracy theory, but it wouldn't surprise me if she went over-the-top with the tantrum last week as part of the story. She's a superfan after all, she'd be down to make it dramatic, right? 

I've read speculation that Alaska got a bad edit because she spoiled the season to her then bf and he posted about it online. Obviously, Ru frowns upon this type of thing and while he couldn't change who won the show, he sure could make Alaska look bad in the process. I don't know if this is true, but if it is then it certainly worked. Alaska fans who are excited about her win (like me) clearly seem to be in the minority. 

It's weird- I consider myself a fan, and the outburst doesn't make me think less of her, but...Katya was just so damn entertaining that I'm not excited about the Alaska victory.  Katya didn't even win anything, did she?

Why the hell are they waiting for a reunion until the 27th?  Is that sweeps?  Is it on Logo only? 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

That rap was the bomb, once you get to read it word for word:

Hey girls, my name’s Alaska
I got a tiny little question to ask ya
Who’s that bitch that’s on the top?
Oh wait, that’s me. Hey, Porkchop!
You’re born naked, the rest is drag
But your face just needs a paper bag
Gimme a challenge and I’ll crush it all
Changin’ the game like my name’s RuPaul
Line them up, front to back
I’m sending bitches home like a heart attack
Mess with me and you’ll wind up in a casket
I’m Dorothy, you’re Toto, GET IN THE BASKET!
I’ll read you down, beneath the ground
Could you hold my purse while I snatch the crown?
Legacy, remember my name
‘Cause you’re gonna see me hangin’ in the hall of faaa-aaaa-aaa-aaa

None of that, imo, has the wit and spark of just one line in Katya's rap: "Lenin in the streets, Dostoyevsky in the sheets". 

• Love 10

I did love Alaska's rap. She and Katya had the best by far. And I gagged at the Porkchop name drop. I wish she had been cast on AS2. 

I wonder if there is some Porkchop drama we don't know about? She looked absolutely livid in the audience during the comedy challenge. Has she come for Alaska in the past or something? 

Edited by Couver

My problem is how obvious Alask's win was from the very start. Much like Chad.  It would be better to just have a one time ceremony each season to honor a queen and induct her onto the Hall of Fame and just do away with the All Stars series altogether. If they already decided on the winner, then stop wasting our time with a contrived competition

• Love 6

Well, I'm happy for Alaska's win. I think she's worked her ass off since Season 5, and killed it this season. I don't know what was in her mind when she melted down, but it doesn't take away from the entertaining, funny queen I've been following for the past couple of years. She's still my queen for life. The bitterness from other fans have made it hard to be too happy for her, though. It's sad that during such a contentious election year, people need to throw accusations of rigged outcomes over a reality show involving men dressing up as women. (I'm channeling both Alyssa and Bianca here.) It's not personal, it's drag.

I also love Katya with all my heart, but she's still a baby in some ways. She IS the NEXT ALL STAR. Detox managed to exceed my expectations, so good for her. Roxxxy is a beauty and convinced me she's not a complete bitch (and actually pretty sweet) so good for her too.

Side note, I identify with Katya's anxiety, and someone told me to do the same thing as she said. Give your negative thoughts a name, listen to it, then push it away. Mine has had several names, but Buela was one of them.

• Love 6

She won, yay. I never liked her, I like her less now, and I cannot pretend to be pleased about this outcome, and nor do I think it's fair. But, really, I was depressed watching this since Adore went home. Then seeing Alyssa sent home, in this unfair format. And Ru daring to look surprised at that choice. Please.

But Alaska won, hooray!! She won three lipsyncs plus the prize - so that's $130,000 minus the ten k she had to give to charity after offering a bribe, noice! Now, that was a charismatic moment.  (Or have I forgotten a lipsync win? That would be 140 k minus 10, in that case. So, 130 or 120 k. More than Katya, that is.)

Alyssa, gracious in defeat, sailing out with a witty crack and a good attitude like golden years of hollywood royalty, Alyssa who would have killed those final challenges and that rap/dance number, who got ousted for a borrowed shirt my big fat arse, went home with 15 k.

Tati, another beautiful exit - compare these exits to the sulking face and the tantrum after Our Queen All Hail Alaska was put in the bottom two, once!!! - went home with 5 k. Well, that's better than nothing.

edit to add: I forgot Detox. Nice redemption, and Detox also won 10 k.

And even freaking Roxxxy, who I have come to love and admire, but come on, went home with 10 k.

And Katya... nothing. Nothing?! Oh, yes, her dignity, my heart, the love of many fans, many new fans. But, sheesh. Give her some money in the reunion, for the love of all that's good, show! (Preferably decrown Alaska for breaking her agreement, bribing another contestant, and being an entitled brat, and give Katya the crown and dollars. Thankyew. That would be very nice. I suppose anything is possible...)

Edited by violet and green
  • Love 7

I have a problem. I am addicted to Katya's rap verse. I don't even want to say how many times I've watched it. It's not just the Lenin in the streets/Dostoyevsky in the sheets part but also the whole beginning with saying her name and then "but your dad calls me/Katyaaaaa" And the ending. And the part where she was in mid-air splits. And the part where she did the assisted cartwheel to handstand to spread eagle move. 

Definitely the people's queen.

• Love 10
On October 14, 2016 at 4:17 PM, phoenix780 said:

That's one of the reasons I've convinced myself this episode was filmed recently. That, the reference to Pork Chop in Alaska's rap, Roxxy's self-awareness (to a point), and Ru's question about editing as an excuse- to me they're things that only make sense in the context of how the show's been received by viewers.  I'd toss Alaska's last-minute worry over "Rolaskatox" in there too.  So, I don't think there's a lot of lost footage of Alaska throwing tantrums.

I don't even think they gave her a bad edit.  The last minute outburst injected some tension over the outcome and gave her a visible weakness to overcome, and overcoming weaknesses/setbacks is a big part of this kind of show.  I'm probably going too conspiracy theory, but it wouldn't surprise me if she went over-the-top with the tantrum last week as part of the story. She's a superfan after all, she'd be down to make it dramatic, right? 

It's weird- I consider myself a fan, and the outburst doesn't make me think less of her, but...Katya was just so damn entertaining that I'm not excited about the Alaska victory.  Katya didn't even win anything, did she?

Why the hell are they waiting for a reunion until the 27th?  Is that sweeps?  Is it on Logo only? 

Why would a pork chop reference indicate the episode was filmed recently? Pork chop was on this season in the audience and gets shouted out at every finale show(except 8, cuz she was recovering from a nose job)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Why would a pork chop reference indicate the episode was filmed recently? Pork chop was on this season in the audience and gets shouted out at every finale show(except 8, cuz she was recovering from a nose job)

I don't remember the shout outs before. 

It just caught my attention as a reference that makes sense given viewer reaction to her appearance (and expression) this season. But, maybe she's known for her unamused face in general and I've not paid attention, or there's something behind the scenes I don't know.