Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: The Battle of Central Park

Fet strikes hard at the heart of the strigoi army while Justine embarks upon a risky mission to drive the strigoi out of Manhattan once and for all. Gus and Angel fight for their lives and their freedom but are faced with a moral dilemma. 

Gawd, I kept telling myself that Zach is a child, but WTF! How can he be so calm and accepting of that child turned into a monster?! Petting it? I just cannot buy this. At least, he left a message for his father, even if it was unknowingly to trap him.

I knew that Fet blowing up the nest would be a nothing victory. Their only really hope lies with the Lumen. Again, they don't have a any UV light or face guards? Btw, where was Quinlan? They could have used his help. And why won't the three Ancients help? 

Eichhorst is so perverse. I am glad that Dutch got some revenge for his attempt to rape her.

Edited by SimoneS
8 hours ago, TDT said:

Seems a carpet bombing of Central Park is now in order..

If only they had some kind of bomb that could kill strigoi without wiping out the people. . . perhaps something like a chemical weapon that could be spread over a wide area. . . 

It was nice seeing Fet being Fet, even though it was all for nothing. Dutch needs to dump the jealousy. She's the one that chose to leave.

Eph is the worst (although I'm still trying to decide if he is worse than Madison from FTWD). 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Eph is the worst (although I'm still trying to decide if he is worse than Madison from FTWD). 

I feel for Eph. IMO, of all the characters, he is the most realistic. He is an addict who has lost his lover and is tormented over the son in the clutches of his enemy. It has got to be a struggle for him to wake up everyday. In contrast, Fet hasn't given his parents a second thought since he warned them to leave. Dutch, Abraham, Gus, and Angel wonder around having confrontations and adventures. 

All throughout Zach's scene with that crab walker kid my reaction was just: Oh, hell to the naw! Who the hell could relax, read, sleep or eat with that thing in the room looking at them? And petting it? Get the hell outta here!

Ok, the one thing that made me go WTF was why did Gus and the team go further into the underground and not just turn around and walk back out the way they came? I realize it was so they could meet up with Fet but that just came off dumb. 

I don't know if anyone has made this comparison yet, but Kelly so looks like The other mother from Coraline. 

4 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Madison is the worst, as is FTWD. I get no enjoyment from that show and have quit it after this season. For whatever, reason The Strain, just feels like good stupid summer fan while FTWD feels tortuous. Not a huge fan of Eph, especially after his Lumen stunt but at least Corey Stoll can emote.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I feel for Eph

I usually don't but I did when he was in Zach's old room, so kudos to Corey Stoll for that.  He and Dutch at least have fun together then word of Zach pops up and ruins everything.  I'm glad she cut off Eichorst's hand though.

6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

And petting it? Get the hell outta here!

That was kind of hilarious.  And playing fetch with it!  Seems like Zach has settled in - he just wants to go outside once in a while.  Maybe the Master's blood has something to with it, as well as being a creepy kid in general.  Nice of him to leave word for Eph even if he doesn't want to be found.

I don't care if it's convoluted, if Angel and Gus are going to be around then at least they're in the main plot.  I missed Setrakian and Quinlan though. 

22 hours ago, SimoneS said:

And why won't the three Ancients help? 

Because they are useless.  Ugh. 

• Love 2

Aww... Zach's got a new strigoi pet or girlfriend!  I have no idea what he is thinking.  That kid is all kinds of fucked up.  Although, I guess him leaving a note for Eph is a sign he might be coming back around.  Whatever, kid!  I won't ever forgive you for Nora!

It was all a ruse!  The strigoi they found it the pit were just a distraction, and now other strigoi have overrun Central Park, and took out a whole bunch of Justine's men!  D'oh!

I wonder how long Rodgers is sticking around, and if her biggest threat will end up being a strigoi or a clearly jealous Dutch with her sword.

I guess Abe and Quinlan decided to sit this one out.  The Lumen won't read itself, after-all.

Gus and Angel are now free, and have a new friend.  Fare thee well, Lee Tergesen!  May you grace another show with your natural sliminess!

• Love 2

Wow this show's gotten dark this season.  If I wanted to watch a depressing show about a futile attempt to fight supernatural creatures, I'd watch The Walking Dead.

It also feels like the last few episodes have lost some narrative continuity.  They jump from killing the Master to a worldwide epidemic in practically no time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, futurechemist said:

Wow this show's gotten dark this season.  If I wanted to watch a depressing show about a futile attempt to fight supernatural creatures, I'd watch The Walking Dead.

It also feels like the last few episodes have lost some narrative continuity.  They jump from killing the Master to a worldwide epidemic in practically no time.

It's interesting... that final scene was very reminiscent of the Walking Dead.  Yet I find the Walking Dead so much more compelling and watchable.  This show, not so much.  It's usually just on in the background for me.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, islandgal140 said:

All throughout Zach's scene with that crab walker kid my reaction was just: Oh, hell to the naw! Who the hell could relax, read, sleep or eat with that thing in the room looking at them? And petting it? Get the hell outta here!

Ok, the one thing that made me go WTF was why did Gus and the team go further into the underground and not just turn around and walk back out the way they came? I realize it was so they could meet up with Fet but that just came off dumb. 

I don't know if anyone has made this comparison yet, but Kelly so looks like The other mother from Coraline. 

Madison is the worst, as is FTWD. I get no enjoyment from that show and have quit it after this season. For whatever, reason The Strain, just feels like good stupid summer fan while FTWD feels tortuous. Not a huge fan of Eph, especially after his Lumen stunt but at least Corey Stoll can emote.

I've always thought the spider kids were cute.  Although sleeping with one in the room might be too much.  It's not so much I'd worry it stinging me.  I could never get to sleep with it making that chittering sound.

I just realized how much I enjoy this show.  It manages to be fun and creepy.

• Love 1