Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

Tara Ariano

I hate myself for saying this, since I promised that after Agent Carter was cancelled that I would never watch this, but I really liked that.  I felt like there was a lot of interesting stuff going on, which maybe was too subtle for most watchers to pick up on, hence the lack of enjoyment.  Of all the disappointing new shows so far this fall, I'm glad there's one good one so far.

• Love 4

I may be in the minority, but I LOVED this.  The only quibble for me was that Atwell sometimes spoke too fast with the American accent and I couldn't make out all the words clearly.  But that was easy to forgive.  

• Love 4

I just finished watching this and hated the characters while liking the premise. This show took a whole bunch of stereotypes and reinforced them and then took another set and went overboard 360 on it. 

So the Hays character has a law degree but nver had to use it before now? Or she was not a criminal lawyer? I ask because she seems to not like doing any of the typical criminal lawyer things.

Seems many here didn't recognize Bess Armstrong. Anyone else old enough to remember her in "The Four Seasons" with Alan Alda et al? She would have been around 28 at that time, and decent-looking.

I'm with Netfoot regarding Hayley Atwell....

• Love 1

So far I liked this better than the other pilots, maybe for Hayley Atwell, maybe because I was seeking to be told an actual new story this season (the actors are clearly trying but I see no reason for Lethal Weapon, haven't made my way through Frequency yet and was uncountably bored and disappointed by Timeless - yes, I know the latter's not a remake, but it sure as hell feels like something I've already seen), for example.  Which means I'll probably be in until it's canceled in short order, heh.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2016 at 9:17 PM, TOWTooMuchTV said:

Did anyone else get an Adnan Sayed feel from this case? (Serial podcast)

Seemed like "Serial" was the source for almost all of the setup and details for the case of the week. Step by step, almost. Made me wonder if this will be a ripped from the headlines kinda thing, and not in a good way, more of a do the writers have any original ideas kinda way.

On 10/6/2016 at 0:21 PM, Kirsty said:

Hayley Atwell gives me tit envy.

Atwell's bosoms deserve supporting credits of their own.

• Love 1

Finally got around to watching this, which was solely because of Haley Atwell.  I didn't know Shawn Ashmore was in it too.  Hope he's still with Killjoys.  

The plot was serviceable, a fairly typical procedural.  I called, at least what i thought was going to be the mom's 'boyfriend', i.e. another guy wanting the girl, early on, since it was clear that Odell was going to be innocent.

Cast seems ok, so I'll give the next episode a try.  I do hope the writing improves.

• Love 1

I loved it. The character is fun, cool, interesting, alive and still a lot less gray than too many main characters (the biggest and most obnoxious examples of them all, the freaking Mentalist... god, i hated that guy... amazing chops of the actor though). So... I am surprised by all the comments how insufferable Hay is (also... ahem... seriously, people really give their kids shitty names, don't diss on the kids with the names, damn it!). :) :)

Please consider most of the comment as tongue in cheek... sans the comment for the names. That was real. :)

• Love 1