Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: To Love And To Cherish

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, magemaud said:

Like many others, I don't understand why it's important for Heather and Derek to "part as friends." It's not like they have children to share custody of, mutual friends and travel in the same "circle", or even have accumulated shared belongings to divide fairly. Despite being legally married (TO STRANGERS!!!) they are no more invested in the relationship than millions of other couples who were initially attracted to each other, DATED briefly then decided it wasn't going to work out. Some part amicably, others can't stand each other, but I can't see any reason why the so-called experts are shoving this "friendship" idea down their throats except that they (experts) don't want to fail again in their pairing. 

I agree with you.  They weren't friends to begin with or at any point during their brief "marriage" so it's not important now.  They did share the same, unusual experience but she does not seem interested in fostering a friendship so that's that.

I went through something similar when I was divorcing my ex.  I had one or two people tell me that I had to forgive him and I had to be friends with him. Um, no, I don't have to do anything.  He didn't ask me for forgiveness so there was no onus on me to bestow it. And the way our marriage ended and how he acted was not the way you'd treat a stranger, much less a friend so why would I want a "friend" who would treat me like that?  

Everyone is different and what works for one, won't necessarily work for another.  I could see Tom and Lily parting as friends if it didn't work out; possibly even Sonia and Nick.  But absolutely, positively not Heather and Derek. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I got the impression this is contractual, that they are struggling for filler with those 2.

That and I can imagine it was killing these "experts" and the producers on how it ended so soon. Instead of letting things just go they have to keep pushing it all on them and us. Its really the stupidest thing and just showed how pathetic the "experts"are and the producers. Its just a joke at this point with making them write letters and meeting again and asking about the divorce AGAIN. Now we have to sit through more filler crap on them until its over. 

• Love 2

At least with Heather and Derek we'll be spared the drama of the final conference with the experts where they ask, "Do you want to stay married or do you want a divorce..." OR WILL WE? Maybe they'll sit them down and say, "Okay, you two. Last chance to change your minds. Are you sure you STILL want to get divorced?" And Derek will nervously twist his wedding ring before he says "I still think we can make this work" but Heather will have already left the room

• Love 5

I think Derek has to know that it wouldn't and probably shouldn't work; but, now he's taken on the victim role and has to stick with it.   He has to keep acting like it is all her, that way he stays the guy who wanted to work it out and she's stays the one who gave up.  Also, I wonder if he would shriek like a little girl and run away if all of a sudden Heather said - yeah, maybe we should try again.

• Love 3
On 10/4/2016 at 11:30 PM, peaceknit said:

That party, lol. First off, that little boy that was there, so out of place! There were no other children or any kind of entertainment for him. This was an adult party, everyone was drinking, and the boy was sitting there, taking it all in.

And I want to say, Nick's lack of eye contact, especially with Sonia, is very disconcerting. The way he looks at her sometimes, turning his head with eyes closed, then opening them slowly, like he's looking at a bug...ugh! Run, Sonia!

Lilly looked very nice with her hair up. It hides her thinning on top. I like her and Tom as a couple.

I agree about lily's hair. The ponytail is a nice look for her.  It takes attention away from her thin hair and frames her face nicely. It's very cute. 

The "party" was pitiful. The little boy was even more pitiful. It was completely inappropriate for him to be there. I felt bad for him. 

Nick's friend should have bewn around when Nick said he shouldn't have to work at a relationship because they were matched by "experts." 

I can't figure out what's up with Nick but I'm glad sonia didn't move back in. Now he says she's attractive and he misses her.  Something is up with that dude. If someone doesn't want you around, you don't move in with him and interrupt his doggie makeout session, especially if he offers you the couch.

So yeah, Pepper can suck it. She knows nothing. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

The "party" was pitiful. The little boy was even more pitiful. It was completely inappropriate for him to be there. I felt bad for him. 

Nick's friend should have bewn around when Nick said he shouldn't have to work at a relationship because they were matched by "experts." 

I can't figure out what's up with Nick but I'm glad sonia didn't move back in. Now he says she's attractive and he misses her.  Something is up with that dude. If someone doesn't want you around, you don't move in with him and interrupt his doggie makeout session, especially if he offers you the couch.

So yeah, Pepper can suck it. She knows nothing. 

He is totally full of it and has been since day one. He says things but he doesn't even say it like he means it and then never acts as if he feels that way either. Since he had a big drunken tantrum he is trying to save face so he doesn't lose possible future customers to his rental and clothing line. I can imagine anyone would tell their friend off for that kind of behavior if they saw it or heard about it happening. Unless that friend was like him in that way but that guy didn't seem to be. 

I have said it for awhile now but Pepper needed to go with the other idiot "experts". The 2 new ones are no better though either. Yet Pepper is really one of the last ones that should EVER give advice out on relationships. 

On October 6, 2016 at 6:06 AM, nexxie said:

So, thousands of men were screened for this show and THESE were the best picks for husband material?!

Well, yes.  These were the best .. Can you imagine?   Nick is unfeeling, selfish, thinks he's the greatest and not a giver.  Only a dummy would want him.  Tom is for himself, knocks her work ethic and thinks a person has to have fun 24 hours a day.  And, who wants to live in a bus.  Derek seems to have a habit that most women wouldn't tolerate.  So there you have it.  Bet the three of them had plenty of girls who dumped them.  

• Love 4