Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E23: Nia & Kendall Face Off

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Nia and Kendall perform tough head-to-head trios, but the moms aren't satisfied with the group's tribute to Madonna.  Later, Holly brings Nia's manager to the studio after suspecting Abby has a hidden agenda for her daughter; and Abby abandons the team after the girls' technique is criticized at a competition.

Once again, Kendall looked half asleep in the trio. Jojo without a bow was nice. Honestly, I didn't like either trio. Nia does not impress me as a dancer. 

Poor poor Jessa and her family woes. I guess they don't approve of her being on TV and bullying a bunch of kids and their moms. Shocker!

When will these idiot moms realize that right before a performance is NOT the time to complain about no classes, or anything else for that matter. Then they yell at her on a public street? They are so dumb. Frankly, they don't need Abby to train the girls in every type of dance. They need to enroll their girls into classes at the studio and get trained outside of their time with Abby. She isn't stopping them.

Nia continues to annoy me. No one should want to hire any of these girls, knowing what kind of mom comes with the package.

• Love 2

Well right off the bat Kendall calling her mom Jill and Jill responding doesn't sit right. You are a parent first - friend after. Even my kids friends never called me by my first name - it was Mrs. XXX or mom as this was their 2nd home.

I'm glad that Jess called a cease fire - let's see how long it lasts. I do feel bad for her as I know what it's like to be in a struggle with family duties. I went through it all last winter and it's not fun.

I do like both trios so far but Nia has so much more going on with 2 new guys who don't know her, the dance ect. We've heard other people say that unless you are conditioned to learn a new dance each week - let alone 2 for these young men - it's difficult. Kendall and the comments just get worse and worse. Leave it to the old folks? In the old days a couple of seasons ago - Abby used to have the girls research the characters or people their dances were based on. You have a phone Kendall - google it.

Jill know is concerned because Abby's paying attention to Nia? Holly told her long ago that the only way these kids were going to get ahead is by the mom's doing it themselves and get their kids out there. Abby was too consumed with Maddie and Mac Z. Nia has 3 itune songs - 5 stars - wonderful comments - Kendall has 1 "Wear them out" horrible comments - maybe Abby doesn't want to have another fail.

The concept of dance classes has been appoint of contention throughout this show. Kelly and Christi complained about it too. Problem is - it really is just drama for the show. The mother's are just as responsible for getting them into more ballet classes. They make sure the kids get singing classes and acting classes and doing meet & greets. Except for Kalani - who I feel will use advanced training in the future - they don't need them now for the show - they're already stars and the competitions are rigged.

Watching Season 2 before the rigging - the girls placed 4th, 5th and 10th when it came to solos and duets and the moms were thrilled they made the top 10. The group didn't always win. Maddie even placed 6th. But then they were up against real competition - not fake.

Love that Jess stepped up - this is how a real dance teacher energizers her kids - correct their mistakes without making them scared.

Just watched the first trio and I noticed right off that Kendall just does not push it like Kalani and Jojo. That butt is pushed out father - the lines look longer on the other two. Kendall goes through the motions but that's it and I think that's why she just blends in and doesn't stand out - the others grab your attention. Kalani looked like the leader in that routine.

Nia's dance - not a fan at all and I love NIA. I didn't think their was enough dancing in it. She can and has done so much more.

Group dance - ehh... Kalani and Brynn were awesome - great extensions. Didn't really like Nia's or Kendall's costume. Kendall's reminded me of a zombie outfit. Wasn't the best choreography but wasn't the worse. The scene outside was just that - a scripted scene to keep the lemmings interested as numbers go down.

• Love 1

I'm all in for Jess to take over teaching.  Abby's always been the most dispensable - the show's called Dance Moms, not Dance Teacher.  Send Abby to jail, let Lifetime buy out her studio (or pick it up at foreclosure), and put Jess in charge.  Call up Christi and Kelly (I'd settle for Christi), and we're back to old times.

I'm not really interested in the minis.  The mom's are flat out horror shows.  At least when this show started there were preexisting relationships, and organic situations.  The mini moms seem to come straight from central casting for fame whore.

And no more talk of Maddie!

• Love 3

I'd love to see Jess teaching. Would there still be drama - of course - because Jojo would probably get more of a role and Jill would be upset - Kendall is relegated to the back - where she should be in my opinion. I think the show is going to go forward showcasing more of the minis tho. The girls are getting older - Nia is busy, Jojo does her own thing when filming is finished and I think we'll see Brynn doing more also.

Although, I can do without the Maddie talk - I still think about Mac and feel bad for her that she again has taken a back seat. At first I thought her career would sky rocket with TV appearances on Disney and Nick - but that hasn't happened - she's still in the background. I also was wondering when Maddie and Mac actually have a chance to see their real dad. I feel bad for him because it can't be that often.

Jess was very impressive when she stepped up after Abby pulled yet another of her "nowhere to be seen" acts.  Note to Abby: positive reinforcement and encouragement work wonders with youngsters in the arts.  Nia's dance with the two boys was excellent.  The three kids were pretty much in sync throughout the routine.  Abby sitting there with an elephant sized bag of popcorn was obscene. 

• Love 2

so I am from Canada and the show was listed as last weeks show in the menu.  However my PVR is smarter than the average bear and did record it.  The show however was longer than an hour and so ended just before the group dance.  Can someone update on the group dance... the trio results and group dance results and what exactly happened outside where the mom's blew up at Abby?

Jessa did nothing but not be Abby. If she were a decent teacher, she would not inflict Brynn with this horror show. She basically just said "good job, kids." Knowing how wickedly conniving and bullying she can be, I would not want her to be influencing the kids more than she already has. As long as she still has her own kid there, she should not be teaching.

I don't really understand the point of Holly's (oops! Did I mean Nia's?) publicist coming to talk to Abby. That was dumb. Noone can tell Abby who to put where in her own studio.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

I don't really understand the point of Holly's (oops! Did I mean Nia's?) publicist coming to talk to Abby. That was dumb. Noone can tell Abby who to put where in her own studio.

I didn't understand the point of that either, but I thought it seemed like they were setting up Abby to flip out about the publicist coming to her studio and interfering. I was shocked she didn't bite and yell at the woman.

Or maybe the publicist just wanted to get on TV.

I'm still confused about Abby (and Gianna's) contention that they give Nia mature content and then she waters it down so that by the time it gets on stage it's essentially a two-step. How is that even possible? If they are giving her the dances and watching as she practices, shouldn't they be correcting her technique and making sure she's doing what they choreographed? I can understand that the development of a dance is a collaborative effort, but I don't get the "she makes our choreography easy" complaint.

• Love 1

I don't know if it's true or not but at Nia's age is very easy to change a dance. If there are moves that she isn't comfortable with, she'd just improvise on stage. At my niece's former studio there was a girl known for doing this. There are certain moves that she doesn't do, so even in group dances instead of doing them she'll do something else. Yet she is allowed to stay in the competition team because her mother is one of the studio owners. Now whether or not Nia is doing this is up for debate but it can certainly be accomplished. I congratulate Holly for capitalizing on Nia's abilities and getting her out there, because she certainly isn't the best dancer. What she is, is a great performer. She's very expressive and that is working for her. 

I didn't take it that Nia was changing the actual steps but simply not doing them as completely as Abbie thinks she could.  I took it as just another way for Abby to make a put down whether deserved or not and defend Abby's position that she's doing all she can for Nia.  Other choreographers have NOT had that same complaint about Nia.

• Love 1

Kalani and Brynn are wasting their talent on this show.

Holly gets on my nerves. She complains constantly about ever dance yet tries to hold herself to a higher standard. She needs to get off her high horse and put her words into action.

Kendall is becoming more unlikable each season with her snotty and dumb comments. " I don't know who Charlie's angels are that's for the old people". It's called research honey.

This whole being nice to Ashlee and Brynn thing won't last this long with Jill and Jess. They minute Abby gives Brynn a solo or special part in the group dance, Jill and Jess will attack her. 

Didn't like Nia's trio. Nia has never impressed me as dancer. Very clunky, sloppy, and lacks gracefulness. I just don't like watching her dance.

Kalani was basically the leader in that Charlie Angels trio. She was front and center most of the time and was the standout in that dance. I said it once and I'll say it again, Kendall is just not a performer. Very flat and boring. Just last week, she was again outshined by her partner.  JoJo's timing as usual was way off and her flexibility is poor. Her leaps and leg extensions are awful. But I will say I enjoyed this trio much better than Nia's trio.

The group dance was a hot mess. The choreography was terrible. Brynn and Kalani performed the best. Didn't need the 2 boys in there. Who thought them laying on the floor for half the dance was a good idea? Nia's costume was terrible.

• Love 4