Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Trust Me

announcergirl
  • Start Topic

Holly played her role so well that she was thoroughly hated. Now we have Kanan. I mean, all the people are bad in this show but we have our heroes and then we has our other folks. Kanan's dirty deeds are well written and he has me on the edge of the chair. That last scene between him and Tariq was scary.

• Love 2

Clearly no one taught Tariq about stranger danger and for all his bravado, he has no street smarts whatsoever. Why would he just go with Kanan, who he met five minutes ago?

Tasha has a lot of nerve acting like she didn't just get her best friend in a whole lot of trouble. You do not get to be anything but contrite when you reveal to your friend that you are using her business to launder drug money.

"i'm just ... so ... cold." Terrible line. Lela Loren did the best she could, but that was weak. I was glad to see that Greg is playing her because I was about to be pissed. Like, I know she's attractive but she screwed you over seventy-'leven times, Greg. Have some dignity!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Clearly no one taught Tariq about stranger danger and for all his bravado, he has no street smarts whatsoever. Why would he just go with Kanan, who he met five minutes ago?

Tasha has a lot of nerve acting like she didn't just get her best friend in a whole lot of trouble. You do not get to be anything but contrite when you reveal to your friend that you are using her business to launder drug money.

"i'm just ... so ... cold." Terrible line. Lela Loren did the best she could, but that was weak. I was glad to see that Greg is playing her because I was about to be pissed. Like, I know she's attractive but she screwed you over seventy-'leven times, Greg. Have some dignity!

Yes, right on.

• Love 2

I really hope Tommy didn't kill Keisha. 

I have been saying that Greg is smarter than he looks and might be the key to blowing this entire thing up and I am still on that train. He's onto Angela, and she thinks he's still in the dark. 

Tariq is a fool. Seriously. He just met this man and is getting into cars with him and taking beverages from him.....I don't think his sister would ever be this stupid. I know people warn girls about strangers more than boys but damn. Kanaan scares me and I'm just staring at the screen. 

Ghost isn't as smart as he thinks he is, he needs to trust Tommy. Milan is no fool, and he's right, the hair salon is a very laundering business for Tommy...the DEA would never suspect. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

This!  Even if his parents hadn't warned him about the evils of "the streets", Tariq should have at the very least been getting pedophile vibes from Kanaan.  Met him once at the basketball court, then dude shows up at your school (that you didn't tell him about), gives you some medicine-tasting drink to slurp on, and takes you to a random apartment on some "I knew your dad shit" that could have just as easily been made up.  Dumb ass kid.  I really left that episode feeling like he should have been shot, but I guess that might be coming soon.

Who did Angela think she was kidding with "I'm so cold!" bullshit.  She really is a piece of work.  Nice to know that she's boiled all her schooling and experience on her job down to "well let me just sleep with them to get what I want."  Ugh!  Way too set us back, girl.  Also, stop showing up at people's houses!  Especially the houses of known or suspected criminals who are also being investigated for the same crime.  It doesn't help your case!!

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was glad to see that Greg is playing her because I was about to be pissed. Like, I know she's attractive but she screwed you over seventy-'leven times, Greg. Have some dignity!

I was so confused when Greg gave in so easily, cause I would have been like, "Sucks for you, bitch.  Now get the hell outta my house!"  But I'm glad to see he was playing her ass as well.  He's already fell for and been burned by her coochie-treachery.

Tasha was doing so well this season!  But this shit with [Lala] reminded me why I couldn't stand her ass in the first 2 seasons.  However, [Lala] had to know something was up when fucking Holly was involved, so she should have asked more questions.  Also, why don't these people lock the front door to their business while they're closing up and counting up the day's till???  Seems really dumb to me, especially in a big city like New York. 

And Jamie needs to stop acting all butt-hurt that people no longer trust him when he's constantly lying to the people who are on his side. 

Speaking of....who told that dude to start talking shit about Tommy's dog.  I knew that wouldn't end well. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have been saying that Greg is smarter than he looks and might be the key to blowing this entire thing up and I am still on that train. He's onto Angela, and she thinks he's still in the dark. 

Yes...I've felt the same way all series long, and my thoughts were solidified when Greg only got some scrapes a small bruises during the Lobos escape.  Greg is going to be very useful in moving the story along at the office.  I am glad however, that the other guy (the one who helped Greg track down Ruiz) is pissed that Greg skirted some rules while he was suspended.

Speaking of Ruiz.  Did the Feds just let him go because Lobos is dead? Or is he acting as an informant?  I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I find it odd that Ghost didn't really ask how Ruiz got out from under the Feds.

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I was so confused when Greg gave in so easily, cause I would have been like, "Sucks for you, bitch.  Now get the hell outta my house!"  But I'm glad to see he was playing her ass as well.  He's already fell for and been burned by her coochie-treachery.

I was cursing so much during that scene.  I was like Greg you a real dummy... because that bitch got him suspended off some bullshit.  I was so happy it turns out he's playing her.  With that said, could Angela have looked any more bored while she and Greg were fucking? I fell off the couch laughing when she looked up and stared longingly at the picture of Ghost on Greg's wall.  Smh.

For all of Keisha's complaining, bitch sure did take the 500 Gs though! Lmao.  Not that I blame her. I mean what Tasha did was fucked up and Imma be sooo pissed if Tommy kills her, but hey $500k  is not a bad "I'm sorry" for turning your business into a money laundering place.  But I wonder where Tasha got that money from?  No way has she saved up $500k in this short amount of time hiding money from Ghost. And she can't touch the kids trust without Ghost's signature.  So where she get that kinda money from?

I'm so done with Tariq.  That boy is just really really dumb. I mean, he just gets in Kanaan's car, hardly any questions asked? Smh.  Luckily he got a big mouth because that shit saved him from getting his head blown off...literally. 

• Love 5

I'm so done with Tariq.  That boy is just really really dumb. I mean, he just gets in Kanaan's car, hardly any questions asked? Smh.  Luckily he got a big mouth because that shit saved him from getting his head blown off...literally. 

I'm with you. I'm completely annoyed with him. Just because you're privileged shouldn't mean that you're stupid. I could understand falling for the bullshit if he met up with Tommy or even Dre. Someone he knows, but some guy he met yesterday? I can't even. Tasha should go upside his head for that and I'm not even a fan of laying hands on kids.

Well played, Greg. You didn't let Angela's kryptonite coochie blind you to her deceitfulness. Dude got some and still was like, nah, she dirty.

I still think that Greg is fine and Angela is a fool for passing him up. He may not lay pipe as well as Ghost, but he would've caused her less headaches.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I'm with you. I'm completely annoyed with him. Just because you're privileged shouldn't mean that you're stupid. I could understand falling for the bullshit if he met up with Tommy or even Dre. Someone he knows, but some guy he met yesterday? I can't even. Tasha should go upside his head for that and I'm not even a fan of laying hands on kids.

Well played, Greg. You didn't let Angela's kryptonite coochie blind you to her deceitfulness. Dude got some and still was like, nah, she dirty.

I still think that Greg is fine and Angela is a fool for passing him up. He may not lay pipe as well as Ghost, but he would've caused her less headaches.

Dumping a good single man for a married one is dumb as fuck.

• Love 10

Ditto comments upthread, it is completely unbelievable that Tariq would go off with Kanan like that. Every kid is taught about stranger danger, not to mention accepting unknown drinks or food from someone they don't know. Now technically Kanan wasn't a stranger but he was still an adult  trying to take him a car somewhere. Tariq is stupid but he hasn't been written as that stupid. Bad plot device, IMO.

Angela is ridiculous. She slept with Greg to protect James and thinks he's thirsty enough not to realize it? Plus she had the nerve to get mad because she thought James had been with his actual wife? Ugh, could we get Milan to turn her into steak tartare? Right after Greg gets her indicted.

Is Tommy doing some kind of double agent thing or is he really turning on Ghost again? Surely he doesn't believe that Milan is grooming him to take over the operation some day. Since he's not Serbian there's no way. That kind of important, lucrative role would never go to someone who isn't a member of the "tribe".

Angela's kryptonite coochie

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

• Love 2

When Angela was sitting with Tommy, all I wanted was for him to go off again and kill her.  She is just the worst.  She seriously keeps coming around Tasha on some real stalker type ish.  She is supposed to be educated and all that, but she epitomizes hood rat syndrome to the max.  If the series ends with her still alive and and not in prison, I will be beyond furious.

Ghost stay being stupid, a character trait that increases the longer he is in proximity to the horrid Angela. He is so far from being in charge of anything, least of all his life or his business.

Perhaps we will get the end of both Kannan (his character has more than run his course and Milan makes a more formidable and believable villain) and Tariq (no way we have gotten so much of him and now see him with Kannan if the show is not setting up for something really bad to happen to him).

Poor Kisha, now she knows Tasha isn't really her friend, and she's trapped in the drug trade.  Hopefully she walks away from this Milan arc in one piece.

No way Sandoval lives past a few episodes into next season.

Poor Greg, he love Angela, but no-one deserves to be saddled with that nightmare.  She is either going to cause his death  or finally put the nail in the coffin of his career.

I used to wish for Tommy and Tasha (and the kids) to be the ones who manage to get away and live their lives, but Tommy is too far gone now.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I used to wish for Tommy and Tasha (and the kids) to be the ones who manage to get away and live their lives, but Tommy is too far gone now.

See, I never thought Tommy would make it out. He's the one you find out was murdered in the streets or is doing life and you shake your head and say, "well, he never had a chance." I'm surprised he hasn't done any real time yet (has he?). His mother is crazy. She reminds me of Namond's mother on The Wire - someone who glamorizes the drug trade and thinks the straight life is soft. With a mother like that, he wasn't going to go to college or get a straight job. And I don't think he wants out because ... get out and do what? He's dumb, crazy, and impulsive - he's killed two people on a whim (at least two, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. I mean, I know he's killed more people but he killed Holly and Hugo impulsively). He doesn't have James's polish. James can code switch and move between moneyed, educated worlds and the streets. He also has book smarts. Same with Tasha. Tommy can't.

Tasha could get out - she could be anybody's accountant - but she is clearly about that life. She said early on that she knew James was going to be the biggest dealer in NYC when she met him, so she was attracted to that. (It's still weird to me that James, Angela, Tommy, and Tasha are supposed to be around the same age. Omari Hardwick is 42, Joseph Sikora is 40, Lela Loren is 36, and Naturi Naughton is 32, and they all look their ages. Tasha definitely looks ten years younger than James.)

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

(It's still weird to me that James, Angela, Tommy, and Tasha are supposed to be around the same age. Omari Hardwick is 42, Joseph Sikora is 40, Lela Loren is 36, and Naturi Naughton is 32, and they all look their ages. Tasha definitely looks ten years younger than James.)

They did say in the first season that Tasha was a quite a few years younger than Ghost when they first met. 

See, I never thought Tommy would make it out. He's the one you find out was murdered in the streets or is doing life and you shake your head and say, "well, he never had a chance." I'm surprised he hasn't done any real time yet (has he?). His mother is crazy. She reminds me of Namond's mother on The Wire - someone who glamorizes the drug trade and thinks the straight life is soft. With a mother like that, he wasn't going to go to college or get a straight job. And I don't think he wants out because ... get out and do what? He's dumb, crazy, and impulsive - he's killed two people on a whim (at least two, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. I mean, I know he's killed more people but he killed Holly and Hugo impulsively). He doesn't have James's polish. James can code switch and move between moneyed, educated worlds and the streets. He also has book smarts. Same with Tasha. Tommy can't.

Tasha could get out - she could be anybody's accountant - but she is clearly about that life. She said early on that she knew James was going to be the biggest dealer in NYC when she met him, so she was attracted to that.

Yeah, Tommy loves being a dealer. That's all he has going for him. If Ghost would've told Tommy he wanted out and just handed the reins of the business over to him, he (Ghost) wouldn't be in this mess. But he went deciding for both of them. As you mentioned, Tommy isn't too bright so what else is he going to do? Who knows if he even finished high school.

That brings me to Tasha. She frustrates me so much because she's smart. Like Ghost, she carries herself well and she has a brain. She isn't the stereotypical drug dealer's moll/wife/Carmela Soprano type who has to stick around because their men control everything and they'd have no where to go. But the penthouse and money is too enticing. I'll say the same thing about Tasha I used to say about Kobe Bryant's wife, you have access to all that cash and you didn't think of finishing up school? No student loans! I'm assuming she married Ghost when she was 20, so that would mean that she only had another year or two to go to get her degree.

• Love 4
On September 6, 2016 at 9:37 AM, Empress1 said:

Tasha could get out - she could be anybody's accountant - but she is clearly about that life. She said early on that she knew James was going to be the biggest dealer in NYC when she met him, so she was attracted to that. (It's still weird to me that James, Angela, Tommy, and Tasha are supposed to be around the same age. Omari Hardwick is 42, Joseph Sikora is 40, Lela Loren is 36, and Naturi Naughton is 32, and they all look their ages. Tasha definitely looks ten years younger than James.)

I agree that Tommy is all about the streets, and has never wanted nor is capable of doing anything else- but I don't think he's stupid. Impulsive yes but not stupid. You don't get to be that high in the distribution ring without being intelligent and ruthless- he would've been killed already. 

James seems to lack the emotional intelligence to understand that you can't just "walk away" from a life like that without giving up everything. As in taking your money, your family, changing your name and opening laundry mats in the middle of Po Dunk No Where with no social media presence. James was smart enough to utilize Tasha's intelligence/skill to clean the money well AND keep enough legit money liquid so that they can pay the bills they need to with a paper trail. If Tasha had any foresight she would've finished school after marrying James like @Sheenieb stated. James doesn't seem like the type who would've forbid her or discouraged her. 

• Love 1