Type keyword(s) to search

S23: Jana Kramer: Dancing Through The Heartache

• Start Topic

IIRC, she played a version of herself. A singer that was signed to Hilarie Burton's character's role as a music label executive. I think she came after Kate Voegele's character Mia in the later years of the series.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

She played an actress, "Alex Dupreé". It's only later she started singing in the show. She did a guest spot on Grey's Anatomy years ago. It was about a guy covered in concrete.

Edited by Jobo05
3 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Is this chick mentally ill? I just googled to see what her story was and she was married once for a few months, then married again for one month, and this time married for a year.  She's 32?  

is Gleb married? lol

38 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

If one of those marriages was credited as being with fellow country musician Brantley Gilbert....I think they never actually got married.

In other news. A million fire emojis. That's all.

No, that was an engagement.  From eonline:

"She married Michael Gambino in Las Vegas in 2004 and the two split a few months after.

Then, on the Fourth of July in 2010, she wed actor Johnathon Schaech in Michigan after a whirlwind romance following the two meeting on the set of the film Prom Night.

They announced that they were separating a month after their wedding day, and their divorce was eventually finalized in June 2011.

Kramer was also previously engaged to country star Brantley Gilbert, but they split in August 2013."

http://m.eonline.com/news/789960/jana-kramer-and-husband-mike-caussin-separate-after-more-than-a-year-of-marriage

• Love 1

Oh ok, my bad.

I wasn't familiar w/ the one month marriage to Jonathan Schaech.....so I thought the article might've been counting the Brantley Gilbert engagement break off as one of her marriages.

Some people just desperately need to always be in relationships. Even when they clearly have no chance at panning out. That might be Jana to a tee...

• Love 1

Having seen her first dance with Gleb, she comes across really trashy and hungry for attention. They couldn't even wait until they get a Rumba or AT to break out the sexy moves and see-through outfits. Neither she nor Gleb are very bright, otherwise they would have been a lot more strategic and done a more traditional waltz to a sappy song to go along with her "heartbreak" theme.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

I saw her on The Audience Network on a sing-and-interview performance about a year ago.  She seemed like a good person then.  Maybe they're figuring out whether to give her the heartbreak edit or the the "needs a man in her life" edit, and it's too early to tell how much of that IS editing, and how much is really her. 

Time will tell.  I like her music, though, so I'm biased in her favor.

If you're familiar with the a capella group Straight No Chaser (& if you aren't familiar with them, I recommend them highly... Though I recognize a capella isn't everyone's "thing"; this is "cool" a capella though), they're releasing a new Christmas album, I'll Have Another...Christmas Album, soon (with the name Straight No Chaser, they incorporate "drinking"-related themes into their album/CD/EP titles). Jana is the guest artist on 1 of the tracks & it's apparently available as the pre-release download on most/all of the legal downloading sites. Here's the link to Straight No Chaser's Tweet about the song.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNCmusic/status/783001314938675200?p=v

I didn't know who Jana was when she was cast.  At least I didn't remember I knew of her.  Turns out I read about a mommy shaming incident she experienced.  Apparently, she was buying her daughter baby food, took a picture of them at the store, and posted them on SM.  She was attacked quite heavily for not making her own baby food.  She bought organic!  But she handled the situation with class.

I then found out that she sang I Got the Boy, which is incredibly bitter sweet.  The refrain is particularly moving:  it ends with "I got the boy, she got the man.  Here's a link.  It's rather twangy, but stick with it to hear the refrain.  https://www.bing.com/search?q=i+got+the+boy&form=PRUSEN&pc=EUPP_U358&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=25fa506a4fc54249901e4996f74d464b&qs=LS&pq=i+got+the+boy&sc=9-13&sp=3&cvid=25fa506a4fc54249901e4996f74d464b 

Lastly, if anyone is wondering about the two dates tattooed on Jana's arm, it's her daughter's birthday, and yes ...... her last wedding date.  I'm going to sound really judgmental here, but Jana - really?  After two divorces and a broken engagement, you really put your third marriage date on your arm?  Marked yourself permanently after your marital history?  To be honest, I have no tattoos.  But if I did, I would stick to marking myself with indelible things like children, parents, and extended family. 

That's horrible she was shamed for buying baby food. People are horrible. They just interviewed Jana & Gleb with viewers questions and one of the questions was about favorite/least favorite baby foods. 

I didn't even realize she had a baby until about a week ago when I was poking around her FB page. I was surprised they had never mentioned it on the show. 

Her second husband was Jonathan Saeach (sp)? He was married to Christina Applegate for a long time. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That's horrible she was shamed for buying baby food. People are horrible. They just interviewed Jana & Gleb with viewers questions and one of the questions was about favorite/least favorite baby foods. 

I didn't even realize she had a baby until about a week ago when I was poking around her FB page. I was surprised they had never mentioned it on the show. 

Her second husband was Jonathan Saeach (sp)? He was married to Christina Applegate for a long time. 

Husband #2's last name is spelled Schaech. At least you were close! I think he's an actor. I thought they mentioned Jana's daughter, Jolie Ray, in a rehearsal package or at least in passing. She's only a few months old. Jana blogged for People magazine about her pregnancy, & I think she's blogging for them (or another media outlet) about DWTS too; maybe I read about the baby in her DWTS blog.

Ha! Watching DWTS now, & she mentions the baby in tonight's rehearsal package. So there's definitely a baby mention tonight.

• Love 1