Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Teaser For The First VH1 Cycle Of America's Next Top Model

On 8/29/2016 at 9:27 AM, JennyExiled said:

I love Rita Ora, but I don't know if I can watch this show without Tyra's special blend of crazy keeping it popping.

Or the Tyra Teaches like modeling through the pain. Or her constant woe-is-me early modeling years tales. 

Rita Ora is a sucky "recording artist", so this show is really going down the drain in its VH1 incarnation. I would like a real model to be the host, maybe even bring back Janice Dickinson, Twiggy or Paulina Porizkova. Oh well, at least they didn't hire one of the Kardashians to host...

• Love 2
On Wednesday, October 05, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Mattipoo said:

Rita Ora is a sucky "recording artist", so this show is really going down the drain in its VH1 incarnation. I would like a real model to be the host, maybe even bring back Janice Dickinson, Twiggy or Paulina Porizkova. Oh well, at least they didn't hire one of the Kardashians to host...

I think the problem is that any model with the career, skills, and gravitas to be a decent host/mentor/teacher is going to be too old for their target viewers (18 - 25) to remember. The exception would be Naomi Campbell (ha! Never gonna happen).

Considering I was expecting the worst (contestant-wise) they aren't too bad.  Can't wait to see what botched makeovers they're going to have.

It would be nice if this show can get back to the actual modeling in addition to the reality-show craziness that people expect.  There's no reason you can't have both.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:25 PM, HunterHunted said:

Rita Ora is a sucky "recording artist"

Let's face it. No one can match the artistry of "Shake Ya Body (Body)" or "Ace of Spades".

And hey old guard posters! You know who you are.

Edited by rustyspigot

I hope they had decent photo shoots because the only pictures I saw for most of this thing were of Rita in her different outfits out and about.  AusNTM C10 has been a disappointment so hopefully this will be decent.

Amazingly, Yu Tsai had to go to China's I Supermodel to take decent shots.

Half of those girls are 25 or 26 years old! Talk about an "old" cycle full of Kristas, Jades, Lisas and C1 Robyns. From the preview, I am not convinced this cycle will be any better than the previous few with the awful "social media" voting, Bryan Boy and Kelly Cutrone on the CW but I will probably tune in anyway, if only to gloat and hate-watch as the cycle crashes and burns.

Edited by Mattipoo