Type keyword(s) to search

Taking a stab at discussing the series as a whole

Because I actually like the show and decided to watch season 1 again (Thank you Netflix) and found it is so much better watching it the second time when I am not overly concerned with the death toll and just enjoying the story.  Its actually not a bad one.  I think the first time around I was a little annoyed by the lack of deaths so I didn't comment like I usually do and I missed some of the entertaining details of the show.  Noah's Pretty Little Liars recap was hilarious.  I loved watching the Emma and Piper scenes and now I wish there had been more of them.  Of course the show wasn't perfect.  The actor who played Kieren is still the weakest link of the show but everyone else carries the show enough to make it fun to watch a second time around this time paying attention and watching for clues.

This show isn't rated enough. Hope season 3 ties up some of these loose ends. The Halloween special was fun, but poor storytelling. Idea seemed rushed. How many times can a girl have her love interests go so wrong? Her and Noah need to establish that they should remain forever single. Audrey still rattles my inner cage? Does anyone else get this vibe? Something never seems quite right about her, she's always in the midst of the drama, yet it always comes back to Emma, and how the plot revolves around her. co-incidentally, Emma unknowingly broke Audreys heart? Is Audrey over it? She certainly wasn't in season 1... Seems very suspicious. 

Is Brandon James alive? So many questions. So much time 

• Love 1

I'll have the unpopular opinion and say that I actually think a new cast is the right way to go. Although I'll miss Noah, I did think that the majority of the cast was filled with low-energy, mostly dull characters. If they want a season 4, they need to step up their game.

• Love 1

Well that sucks. Although the cast wasn't that strong overall, I thought the shorter season was implicating that we'll get finale for the story and the characters. I'm gonna miss the chemistry between Audrey and Noah. Brooke was really good too.

What do yall think of the new reboot: http://tvline.com/2017/05/05/scream-season-3-new-characters-spoilers-mtv-reboot/

Your new main characters:

* First up is Dion, a Michael B. Jordan-esque football player on track to score a college scholarship — that is, until a masked killer uses Dion’s darkest secrets against him, turning his life upside down and making him question his own sanity.

* Liv is Dion’s cheerleader girlfriend, as beautiful as she is brilliant. She’s also down to lend a helping hand where needed, though her good intentions often land her in hot water.

* Kym is the rebellious one of the group, always willing to say what everyone else is thinking. She’s organized and protective, two qualities that will serve her well when a killer starts targeting her friends.

* Beth is a little different from her fellow seniors, sporting a goth look and a morbid collection of interests. A “walking encyclopedia of all things horror,” she’s compared to The Craft‘s Fairuza Balk.

* And then there’s Dion’s step-brother Jamal. Despite hanging out with a rough crowd, he’s got a big heart and an undying loyalty to Dion.

Personally I'm happy. Many fans are upset the old cast is gone and while I'll miss Noah, Audrey and Brooke, the tv version of Scream I found to be terrible. I didn't like the storyline and even with a writer switch it just didn't work for me. I personally wish they'd use this reboot to tie it into the movies a little bit and go back to the original mask, but we will see. Overall I think this sounds promising. I look forward to a complete creative revamp and seeing what they deliver. I hope the writing is stronger and fits more in line with the movies in terms of humor and a strong mystery. We shall see. Filming starts at the end of the month so casting should be out soon and it'll premiere towards the end of the year.