Type keyword(s) to search

S33: Jessica Lewis

Michel
  • Start Topic

Hi.  I'm way more put together than the other Jessica.

She wants to play like Cirie, which, despite her lack of victories, sounds like the perfect ringing endorsement to me.  Let's just see how she executes, though.

Totally shallow, but she seems to have a very genuine smile. I can't get much of a feel for her from her interview. The bootstrap thing seemed really mild in comparison to how some other past contestants have emphasized it. She seemed less to have a chip on her shoulder than to be attempting to demonstrate that she thinks her life experience has prepared her for anything. 

• Love 1

Not really. She seems to think she's better than others, because they just "blame others for their misery".  Some people aren't white women with a law degree. It sounds like she has no clue what real poverty or difficulty is. The things she describes as "difficulties" she has overcome just...aren't. 

We know they give out antibiotics and eye drops so I'm sure she'll be fine.  It does look nastier than the eye injury that got Shemar removed, though.  That one always seemed like a veiled quit to me, though. 

Jessica reminds me of Kass.  I am one of the few who likes Kass.  

I don't think I've seen eyes bug out so far since the days of Eliza Orlins.  Someone must have felt humbled after that vote.  

Here I thought Jessica was going to be boring and bland.  I think she's definitely one of the more interesting people out there.  She's got it in her to play this great, strategic game.  I just think she's already made dumb moves that are going to come back and bite her.  Not sorry for her orchestrating the Paul vote, but I wish she hadn't run back to Lucy tonight.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

My heart broke for Jessica.  I know some will say she deserved her boot for failing to switch her vote, but in the grand scheme of things, what would that have got her?  Her/David/Ken would have still been outnumbered, even with Adam on their side.  For whatever reason, Sunday was out for blood.  I can understand Bret and Chris holding a grudge, but I don't get Sunday's bitterness.  So it would have bought her time, but how much?  

I realize the way it went down tonight, with them having to unanimously decide on a person to vote off or else it went to rocks, is much better TV.  But what's wrong with just having another vote of the people that aren't deemed safe?  Or doing the ultimate fire tie breaker.  Those things can be hilarious to watch.

• Love 6

Jessica in Parade's exit interview

Wigler: So you don’t regret going to rocks, then?

Jessica: No, I don’t. I never would have won the game if I flipped. And I knew that. I was in such a difficult place to begin with. There was very little love for me on the other side. I knew I was a target that people had been trying to vote out for quite some time. I knew in that moment… I hate to say it, but I was expendable. I think that’s why Zeke was trying to get me to flip, and why people were trying to get me to flip. I think he realized: “It would be easy to get rid of her once she flips,” since I wouldn’t be loyal to my solid three. Because I did have a solid group there with Ken, David and Adam. I think Zeke was thinking: “The other side doesn’t want her, so if she flips, she’s one more person I can get rid of easily.” And if that happens and I get to the Final Three, how am I supposed to answer that question? When everyone else is willing to go to rocks and I’m not, that’s going to make me look weak. It would have made me look like I wasn’t an all-in player. It would have caused me to lose the game. And I didn’t want to go to the Final Three to lose. I wanted to go there to win.

http://cartermatt.com/231925/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-exclusive-jessica-lewis-drawing-rocks-david-dilemma/

One more question on the rocks, though I could talk about that all day. On the show, it looked as though you were the person who was struggling with going to rocks more than anyone else. Was that accurate? 

I was struggling with it the most visually; it was obvious that I was struggling with it. Will didn’t want to go to rocks, Bret was headstrong about the whole thing, Sunday was kind of quiet about it, Adam seemed very sure of himself and so did David. I was the one who was most like ‘this is ridiculous, we shouldn’t do this’ (laughs). Will echoed that sentiment, as well, that it should have been one of those two going home instead of one of us.

The problem that you also run into is what if Will decided to flip, and then I flipped. We would be back in another tie, and you don’t know what the other people are doing. It’s also possible that someone is putting on a show, and will then go back to camp and be like ‘I didn’t flip, I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ You really have no idea. It was said at that Tribal that Tribal Council is theater, and I do think there were some people really putting it on heavy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kakiphony said:

Jessica in Parade's exit interview

When everyone else is willing to go to rocks and I’m not, that’s going to make me look weak. It would have made me look like I wasn’t an all-in player. It would have caused me to lose the game. And I didn’t want to go to the Final Three to lose. I wanted to go there to win.

Yes, a million times this.  All the people saying she was stupid not to flip are just massively wrong.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

It's a tough call.  She can't know for sure what would've happened if she'd flipped.  People seem doomed and then pull it out and make it to the end all the time.  

I agree.

I don't think it's as cut and dried as some from both the 'she should've flipped' and 'drawing rocks was the right choice' crowds are making it out to be.

I see the whole, 'she never would've won if she had flipped,' thing and I do think that's probably right. But people have made it to the end and even won playing a more, 'I just need 3 more days' and 'anyone but me' type games. Things can change. Particularly in the past few seasons the game has shifted away from alliances being completely solid and players who are never-changing to having lots of players who sorta move around alliances throughout the game. So flipping on an alliance that you are only loosely in anyway or even one that you're solid with isn't as much of a death sentence as it's made out to be.

But imo based on what we're being shown of the dynamics, Jessica didn't really have much of a shot of winning anyway.

• Love 1

I agree with it though.   Ken was constantly droning on about how honorable and loyal he was.  I could have lived with his flipping if that was game play but he genuinely believed his own press but decided it was ok to throw that out the window.    

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I did too. I thought it was the perfect answer.  I was so surprised she didn't vote for Ken.

Had Adam not come out about his mom, I wonder if she would have.  Jessica was a tough read at the FTC.  

• Love 2

Good interview with Jessica, Rob & David Bloomberg. I like when they go through each episode and their thoughts. It seems Sunday through her under the bus for the Paul vote since she was the only one who got grief for it. She thinks that Sunday just really, really liked Bret & Chris which is true today. All in all, a good interview. It seems like yesterday when she got black rocked out of the game and seeing the horror on her face. Ouch!