Type keyword(s) to search

Artistic Gymnastics: Stick the Landing!

1 minute ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Was the Brizillian crowd cheering for mistakes for the other athletes? Kind of sounded like that.

I feel bad for Kenzo. I would have liked to see him hit that routine.

They were pretty supportive up until Kenzo + Sam. 
and really for Kenzo they were supportive until he made that big step out mistake and they realized that it could mean both Brazilian Athletes could medal. I am putting my naive hat on and thinking they were doing both - cheering for the athlete - but reallllly cheering that they could have two medalists. the crowd has been very supportive of every athlete. 

Just now, HerLadyship said:

Just tuning in. Yay for Team GB and Brazil. 

Anyone else nervous about watching two people attempt the Produnova in women's vault finals?

I would if i knew what that vault was. 

Just now, HerLadyship said:

Just tuning in. Yay for Team GB and Brazil. 

Anyone else nervous about watching two people attempt the Produnova in women's vault finals?

I'm terrified for Dipa; not so much for Oksana.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Isn't Arthur Nory the one who got in trouble for making racist comments about a team member? 

Yes, he did on snapchat.

I'm okay with this podium.

Oh Kenzo...I hope Yusuke isn't rubbing off on you! I don't feel too bad for Kohei. He's got to be beyond tired.

The vault will be intense. Hope no one gets hurt.

Just now, Daisy said:

I would if i knew what that vault was. 

They call it the 'death vault'. Better to Google than leave me to explain it. But it has 2 somersaults. Under rotate, you land on your back. Over rotate, you land on your head or neck. Either can paralyze or kill the gymnast. USA gymnasts won't do it. Too dangerous.  

• Love 1

First Vaulter Up: 
North Korean Vaulter.  Hong un Jung
(she faked her age? wow - and was banned from the Olympics). I have to say I like she goes sleeveless leo. 
15.40 on the first. 

She's going for a triple Yurchenko. 
and she crashed. :(

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

She's going for a triple Yurchenko. 
and she crashed. :(

Disappointing. I was excited to see someone land something new. 

7 minutes ago, Scovies said:

I'm terrified for Dipa; not so much for Oksana.

Same. I feel like Oksana knows the risk. 

14.933 on Oksana's 1st vault. (prodnouva)
decent second vault. 

(Kyle on the Prodnouva.  - it's judged so high, most people can't handle the landing, they land so low, and they only get 1, 2 10ths deductions and that's not right. it' also known as the vault of death, and people ask Simone Biles why doesn't she do it, and Simone answers "because, I really don't want to die." )

time for China - 

• Love 2

Yep. It's so high that you can flub and still get a decent score. But because it is so dangerous, they are going to adjust in the new code of points to increase the deductions to prevent people from trying to compete it that can't really do it as well as necessary to be safe. 

• Love 1

Two great vaults from Guilia Steingrubber (but all these hopped landings are like little knives digging into my skin)
15.216 - she's first

ooh i think her bottom hit. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

This vault competition is the perfect illustration of everything wrong with WAG gymnastics today. 

I know. it drives me nuts 
Simone wins. LOL

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Wow these are some fugly vaults. The men's competition will be different hopefully.

I know. they seriously need to address it. 
horrible form, and all those hops, hops, hops on the landing. 
I remember when those hops used to cost you a chance to medal lol

• Love 3