Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Back injuries are the worst. 90% of the time they never go away, you'll always have twinges etc. Plus it's so much easier to injure it again and again, probably why he's had 3 in 3! 

Especially in something so rough like American football, hes gotta know when to call it a day and walk away (while he can still walk!!!). Thoughts to him and all his family! 

• Love 1

^^ 20 years after my neck injury and I still have almost constant pain and physio.

I empathise with anyone who mangles their spine. It is a depressing injury ☹️

Anyone in the UK find a way to watch the new MTT season yet? 

• Love 1

Currently freaking out because I think I just won the most awesome contest but currently waiting on a call back to see if I actually did or am just imagining things.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Currently freaking out because I think I just won the most awesome contest but currently waiting on a call back to see if I actually did or am just imagining things.

Intriguing!

6 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Intriguing!

Isn't it! I called the person who left me a voicemail twice already and they haven't answered. I'm dying here. 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:11 PM, SanLynn said:

He hasn't played a full season since 2012. Plus 3 back injuries in 3 years. Yikes yikes yikes. Poor guy.

yeah it sucks but he's rich as fk and can afford the best of the best (in medical care, PT, etc.) ... He's also had really great years living his dream. 

I'm not shedding tears for him lol

22 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

My god, I go away for a few weeks and all heck breaks loose! I FINALLY caught up on the new developments!

I see we have all been slapped on the hand for expressing unpopular snark about people who choose to live in the public eye. What a riot. It's even funnier that I am the one who said Shelly looked like a goober for doing a summersalt (I know I just butchered that spelling) at a DCC audition. Sensitive, aren't we? The term "goober" has got to sting, especially for doing a goofy looking maneuver, on a dare, while being a goofball. OUCH! I mean, talk about a scathing assessment on my part right?! I've got to have some WICKED karmic retribution coming at me for THAT one!

At least I didn't say she had a thut, looked like a grandma, was shot up with filler, asked what she'd been eating off-season, called her serious dance skills "really bad", questioned her moral content if she ever showed up late to anything, called her a stripper, or anything else that's been said on that show.

We do not need to ask permission to snark, praise, criticize, think out loud, express or emote about those who choose to live in the public eye, on a television show that is constructed, in its very nature, to cause a buzz. We're just buzzing in a venue which has been created for this purpose, and they'd be wise to consider it a valuable marketing tool rather than getting butthurt. I NEVER go on Twitter or any social media account and berate or harass the girls or anyone from this organization if I have a contrary opinion. If what's being said in an appointed forum (with governing guidelines and mods who aren't afraid to enforce them) isn't popular, that's something that they'll have to live with.

We - the little people - also undergo scrutiny and criticisms in our own lives. Guess what? Gossip and misjudgement exists in the real world too! And the bitch of that is, we don't usually get to know why people have criticized us or what has taken place in many misunderstandings. For those with the organization who are offended, they'd do well to quote Julia Roberts lookalike Meghan (may she rest in peace) in saying "I get the chance to improve my image, which is something most girls don't even get to know if something was wrong". Consider it a gift. You're welcome. 

Also, with the salt is the sugar. I am OBSESSED with the character, drive, determination, beauty and dedication of the DCCs and the organization. I am a Cowboys fan BECAUSE of the DCCs. They are true ambassadors. I can't WAIT to see The Star facility and the Cowboys have made a few bucks off of my dedication (your welcome Shelly), and will continue to. I have snark and criticism but I have mad love, which is reflected in my comments as well. Not that I need to explain or defend.

I'm going to continue, without apology, while hiding behind a screen name and an avatar (GILLEY!), to follow that which has been repeated numerous times on this board: "Snark the show, not each other". If you choose to inject yourself into this conversation in an attempt to control that which is said, have at it, but I will not edit. Rant over.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssss girl, yaaaaaaaaasssssssssss

seriously, I can do without the lecture especially because my viewership and continued interest (as well as those of everyone on this board) drives ratings and hence $$ for the organization.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

seriously, I can do without the lecture especially because my viewership and continued interest (as well as those of everyone on this board) drives ratings and hence $$ for the organization.

Plus, we're getting all the company line responses of "Of course Cassie being GL had nothing to do with nepotism" and "there is no weight requirement, we just want them to be healthy."

There is some discussion about going to college vs going to trade school in the episode 1 thread, with some people saying pretty much that trade/vocational schools are sadly pooh-poohed in favor of college.  It reminds me of a former co-worker.  Her son went to college for marine biology; after his 1st semester he decided he hated it and that he wanted to pursue what he always wanted to do, be an auto mechanic.  She was quite upset about it, to which I replied well, get yourself a reputation as a good, honest mechanic you'll have it made.  Add to it that he'll be getting paid to do something that he enjoys so much that he'd be doing it anyway in his spare time as a hobby.  I don't think it made her feel better, but I personally think he's much better off!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Plus, we're getting all the company line responses of "Of course Cassie being GL had nothing to do with nepotism" and "there is no weight requirement, we just want them to be healthy."

There is some discussion about going to college vs going to trade school in the episode 1 thread, with some people saying pretty much that trade/vocational schools are sadly pooh-poohed in favor of college.  It reminds me of a former co-worker.  Her son went to college for marine biology; after his 1st semester he decided he hated it and that he wanted to pursue what he always wanted to do, be an auto mechanic.  She was quite upset about it, to which I replied well, get yourself a reputation as a good, honest mechanic you'll have it made.  Add to it that he'll be getting paid to do something that he enjoys so much that he'd be doing it anyway in his spare time as a hobby.  I don't think it made her feel better, but I personally think he's much better off!

Great story!  I have a former friend who literally said that kids of "blue collar" workers will likely not be successful in life. It's that mentality that annoys me -- how people think you have to go to a fancy college to be successful or to have your kids be successful.  When did "blue collar" become a bad word???  People who work their asses off - especially without the fancy title, corporate accounts, fancy dinners, and big $$$ - deserve our admiration even more than those who went to private schools, got tutoring and then to Princeton!

• Love 3

My step dad owns his own granite business and is super successful with no college. I have a PhD and am successful too (with zero student loans, yay!). Education does not mean success. Putting in the hours no matter what business you are in will result in success. 

Look I was a college cheerleader and I know that my parents had to support me throughout that time. I loved the memories I made but I won't lie looking back I feel guilty. I think Tasha is or was taking advantage of her parents but likely won't realize it til later. 

• Love 2
Just now, WichitaStateShock said:

My step dad owns his own granite business and is super successful with no college. I have a PhD and am successful too (with zero student loans, yay!). Education does not mean success. Putting in the hours no matter what business you are in will result in success. 

Look I was a college cheerleader and I know that my parents had to support me throughout that time. I loved the memories I made but I won't lie looking back I feel guilty. I think Tasha is or was taking advantage of her parents but likely won't realize it til later. 

or maybe she won't lol ... some people have different value systems.  My friend's sister is 38 years old and just NOW got her first full time job (or maybe her first job ever).  She was pursuing her "dream" and when one didn't work out, she would pursue another dream.  Unfortunately all her dreams involved advance degrees so her dad has literally been paying for her tuition up until a couple months ago. 

In this day and age for people (like my former friend who btw went to business school knowing she was planning on getting married / staying at home / and never using that degree ... she did it because of the fancy degree and because her husband is loaded so hey why not?) to think there is only one way or one path to be "successful" is just narrow-minded.

Totally off topic now lol

24 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

My step dad owns his own granite business and is super successful with no college. 

Nice!  My sister had to get a garage door opener installed and did it through Lowe's...the installer has his own contracting business and does side work for Lowe's.  He arrived in a 5 series BMW so I assume he's doing well!  It reminds me of one of my favorite episodes of Frasier, when Niles got so angry that the plumber, who bullied him in Jr High School, had a nicer Mercedes than Niles.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

So you're saying if we need granite we can call you lol

That lady that called me yesterday finally called back. I think I just got two free staff tickets to a mets game, but I'm still confused as to how this lady got my name and number besides the obvious of buying tickets. She was like I can give you a VIP tour of Citi Field but it would have to be in the morning and I work 8-5 so that doesn't work and she's like I'll give you free tickets to a game then. Seems fishy but we'll see.

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

That lady that called me yesterday finally called back. I think I just got two free staff tickets to a mets game, but I'm still confused as to how this lady got my name and number besides the obvious of buying tickets. She was like I can give you a VIP tour of Citi Field but it would have to be in the morning and I work 8-5 so that doesn't work and she's like I'll give you free tickets to a game then. Seems fishy but we'll see.

don't give her any of your personal info (of course)

Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

don't give her any of your personal info (of course)

I know she legitimately works there cause I called the main number yesterday and checked lol but the only thing she has is my name, number and email.

Did anyone read how Hope Solo got a 6mth suspension?  I wonder if they will also punish Lochte the same way?  In my mind, what he did was much worst and frankly much more dangerous / time consuming / costly than what Hope said. 

Or will they just call Lochte a kid and send him to DWTS?

What a douche - they need to suspend the loser

• Love 1

I hate that Lochte is being called a kid when he's in his 30's. Once you're about 22/23 (around the time you're graduating college) I don't think you should qualify as a kid any more. Just my thoughts though.

• Love 4

Yeah, I'm through grad school and in a professional career and coach actual kids and I'm 6 years (maybe 5, I think he is 32) younger than lochte. No way am I a kid. It's interesting that women get criticized far more than males in every capacity of life. I don't like what hope did but lochte should get the same or worse consequence. 

1 hour ago, WichitaStateShock said:

It's interesting that women get criticized far more than males in every capacity of life. I don't like what hope did but lochte should get the same or worse consequence. 

It's sad but true.  I don't think much is going to happen to Lochte beyond losing some sponsors.  Heck, he's appearing on DWTS!  And by the time that airs, no one is going to remember what a douche he is.

my boyfriend works out in part through swimming, and has a theory about serious swimmers and the effects extended oxygen deprivation can have on the brain.  He used Lochte as a case in point.

It was a pretty compelling argument ?

• Love 5

I don't agree with what Lochte did in any way but I think what he did is different than what Hope did. Hope's comments were about the game and competition directly while Lochte said nothing about swimming or his competitors. I mean Lochte has lost some major sponsors (speedo) already and will probably have issues picking up more.

Giving a false statement like Lochte did is a crime, that's the huge difference.

12 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

I hate that Lochte is being called a kid when he's in his 30's. Once you're about 22/23 (around the time you're graduating college) I don't think you should qualify as a kid any more. Just my thoughts though.

I'm 48, you can call me a kid if you want :)

I just looked it up because I was curious. USOC has said the 4 involved will face punishment it just hasn't been given yet. I don't think the decision is as straight forward as the one USA soccer made. I also read that Lochte has lost 4 of his commercial sponsors and that is a huge hit. It is also an argument on how long of a punishment they can even give them when Phelps was only given 6 months for his drunk driving arrest.

Edited by grabalifevest
20 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

HAHA!! I think it's GIllY! Well I'm glad to make you laugh. You're too kind! Here's some actual footage of me dancing. Judy and I are currently in negotiations for choreo blocking, although my asking price is a bit steep. Eat your hear out Miss Keys.

Lol, you're slaying me with the Gilly stuff. I've always loved that skit even if most of SNL has been garbage for ten years or more. My other favorite Kristen Wiig character is "Dooneese" with the baby doll arms. I snort every time.

2 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

The dance kills me...MURDERS me every single time I watch.

Are you talking about the Lawrence Welk episode?!? That one? "I LIKE CAN I TOUUUCH"

Lol yes! I love this one with the part about the cat at the end, and the, "With my by myself."

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

HAHA YESS!! Here's an absolute fave of mine starring the leading ladies of SNL....

Lol I've never seen that one! That Dana Jean Harley seems to have a lot of anger, but I probably would too if I had to tell someone 25 times to keep their hands off my husband's penis.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I put my photo up as my profile so Shelly could see that I am indeed, a real person lol

But actually anyone can grab a photo from online and pretend to be anyone.  I could put a photo up and say it was me but it is really one of our beagles, Sadie, who is doing the posting!!

• Love 5
Just now, cherryblossom said:

But actually anyone can grab a photo from online and pretend to be anyone.  I could put a photo up and say it was me but it is really one of our beagles, Sadie, who is doing the posting!!

True, but this really is me haha I have the same screenname throughout all my social media platforms

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OK friends, what's the drink word/phrase tonight for ep 2? I have to work tomorrow (and as we've seen, I clearly should not drink and post. Because booze apparently makes both Hitler and I mean). I'll do five jumping jacks instead.

Magical? Mistakes? Vibrant? Pressure? What'll it be? Let me know so I don't miss a chance to burn a few calories.

'Intense' 'fast paced' 'tight, short kicks' yes I'm aware those are phrases haha 

• Love 1

Urg CMT won't let me watch unless I sign in with my tv provider and Comcast isn't an option so I have to buy the episode on itunes. I don't want to read anything until I watch so I'm avoiding the other topics.

42 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Urg CMT won't let me watch unless I sign in with my tv provider and Comcast isn't an option so I have to buy the episode on itunes. I don't want to read anything until I watch so I'm avoiding the other topics.

yeah, i planned to watch it on CMT.com this morning but SO annoying they only let you watch the first episode of a season and then you have to log in. Please explain how I get CMT in my cable package (so can watch it on tv when it's on) but there is no option for xfinity or comcast through their website?! I'm so dumb at this stuff but literally makes no sense to me!! So I guess I will be waiting for youtube with the drag queen voices or give in a download on itunes. SO ANNOYING they won't just let us watch THIS season on the website till it's over and then they can go back to requiring a login. ugh! 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

yeah, i planned to watch it on CMT.com this morning but SO annoying they only let you watch the first episode of a season and then you have to log in. Please explain how I get CMT in my cable package (so can watch it on tv when it's on) but there is no option for xfinity or comcast through their website?! I'm so dumb at this stuff but literally makes no sense to me!! So I guess I will be waiting for youtube with the drag queen voices or give in a download on itunes. SO ANNOYING they won't just let us watch THIS season on the website till it's over and then they can go back to requiring a login. ugh! 

same. I get it at home but it takes like 3 days to be up on demand. itunes had it this morning and I was shocked.

6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have Xfinity/Comcast too but just watched the episode a second time OnDemand.  You don't have it yet???

Someone else did this years ago. I like your list better.  In the beginning of the show, good music was not used (ironic since the show airs on a music network).  The music that was used for the tv show was the same that was used on iTunes and on the CMT site.  The song by T.A.T.U in season 2 anyone?????

• Love 1