Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Just now, ByTor said:

It's all because you know I like Cassie, @QuiteCalM, and we all know everything is about me :)

BWAAHA! Actually, I'm not going to lie. I look at you as a super just person, as in, fair, level-headed and your measured opinions of her made me stop and go, you know, she's right! So yes, this IS kind of about you ;-D

• Love 2
Just now, Oranaiche said:

HOLY SHIT. DID I CONVERT YOU?

I mean I know I'm a good salesperson, but daaaamn. ?

LMAO!! I'm telling you, I listen to my friends on here! I know you and ByTor have made some excellent points so I reconsidered my position and decided I was being unreasonable and harsh.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

LMAO!! I'm telling you, I listen to my friends on here! I know you and ByTor have made some excellent points so I reconsidered my position and decided I was being unreasonable and harsh.

Me right now.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

@TiaGrace lol sorry, no updates...we're in a holding pattern because I HATE painting! Got the fatheads from somewhere online, I honestly can't remember anymore! I just googled "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders fatheads" and voila! There they were! Plus, my bathroom right now is not exactly tidy LOL!

11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I highly recommend fatheads. My kid has gone through, hello kitty, monster high, and right now Wonder Woman not the new one but the one from our childhoods. 

Cassie actually looks very nice in hers. If I were her I'd had a few in every room in my house..I think...no, I would.

• Love 2

Well, the way I look at it, I always thought of Cassie as a bit of a jerk after the infamous Taylor incident, but then she started popping up as a suggestion of someone to follow on Twitter.  I saw her tweets & it looked to me like she's just someone thrilled with her crotch-fruit & just..dare I say...likeable!  I chalked the Taylor crap up to either editing or Cassie just being young.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Me right now.

OMG I'm SHAKING I'm laughing so fucking hard!!! BWAAAAHAAAA!!!!!

@TiaGrace you KNOW you can have one made right? Can you imagine....a life sized you in every room?! I'd just walk around my house screaming in horror.

@ByTor I agree on all. I think it was super easy to jump on a bandwagon about how HORRIBLE she is, but I have a lot of newfound compassion for how hard it must have been for her.

ETA: I may have also not "Jumped On" the bandwagon, I may have aired up the tires, filled up the tank, washed and buffed, and stocked said bandwagon with road snacks.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

seriously, i can't stop laughing. omg. 

and 5 6 7 8...

....SNORT......OMG I'm dead! @ByTor!! I can't!

11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

A journalist told me that this dance is going to replace Thunderstruck.  

Was it a coumnist, for a paper column??

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

A journalist told me that this dance is going to replace Thunderstruck.  

OMG YAAASSSS! Me and my busted hip, tore up knee, and washtub abs stand a chance at being a DCC now! Let's audition.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Was it a coumnist, for a paper column??

This reminds me of Everybody Loves Raymond episode "Ray's Ring", where Ray loses his wedding ring & gets hit on by a hot woman.  Hot woman: What do you do?  Flustered Raymond: I'm a newspaper columnist...for a newspaper.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

This reminds me of Everybody Loves Raymond episode "Ray's Ring", where Ray loses his wedding ring & gets hit on by a hot woman.  Hot woman: What do you do?  Flustered Raymond: I'm a newspaper columnist...for a newspaper.

HAHAH I remember that ep! I LOVED that show. Peter Boyle. Comedic genius.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Well, the way I look at it, I always thought of Cassie as a bit of a jerk after the infamous Taylor incident, but then she started popping up as a suggestion of someone to follow on Twitter.  I saw her tweets & it looked to me like she's just someone thrilled with her crotch-fruit & just..dare I say...likeable!  I chalked the Taylor crap up to either editing or Cassie just being young.

I despised Taylor so I rather enjoyed the dressing down that Cassie gave her. 

I was all "Get her girl. Make the preteen in the big person's body pay!" and then husband told me to simmer down and get a life.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

I was all "Get her girl. Make the preteen in the big person's body pay!" and then husband told me to simmer down and get a life.

LMAO. Uhm, you're not alone. I think there are SEVERAL people here that need to take that advice lol. Myself included, of course!

38 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

WASHTUB ABS!!!

The board has been drowned in the tub.

Shew. Every time I see the kickline move where they bend at the waist and prop one leg on the next girls back, I cry. That hurts me worse than the thought of a jump split. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The board has been drowned in the tub.

Shew. Every time I see the kickline move where they bend at the waist and prop one leg on the next girls back, I cry. That hurts me worse than the thought of a jump split. 

What hurts me is where they get UP from the kickline. On their knees.

• Love 1

Um, this thread took an amazing turn since the last time I looked. @ByTor you are a comedic genius. I'll only find it acceptable if they do this dance to the same "music" from the Instagram though, Dr. Phil tag line and all.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

It gets hard to remember that i cant make them do what i want them to do. I yelled at Amy to get her legs up and girl just didnt listen. I firmly believe that the Thunder would still be in the playoffs if they would have just listened to me. I mean steal the ball and make the basket are pretty clear cut instructions. So yes... a life is needed but not near as much fun.

• Love 3

@pizzaislife Oklahoma is humid?! I would've thought dry! I know y'all have more earthquakes than a damn prehistoric volcano, but I didn't think it'd be humid! Do you watch Sweet Home Oklahoma on Bravo? Those broads are HILARIOUS.

@Hummingbird24 (I pulled this convo here so I could horn in and continue lol) Re: humidity, I hear THAT! I sit in front of a steamer all day, which is good for the skin, but when you're trying to tell clients how to apply makeup and care for their skin, and your makeup is like "The kid from The Ring called, they want their complexion back", it's not so good. I know Texas is BIG TIME humid. Man I wanna go to Galveston someday.

It is super humid from march to juneish due to all the rain and you know tornados. Blazing hot burning death end of june to september. October is nice. And then frigid finger snapping cold and dry the rest of the time.

I should move.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I'll only find it acceptable if they do this dance to the same "music" from the Instagram though, Dr. Phil tag line and all.

Oh, I would assume nothing else :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Sticking tongue out of @crazydegulady in envy of her weather contentment :)

I'm near Philadelphia and am a weather weenie...I always say we get two months of summer, 10 months of winter (since I say I'm freezing when it's below 70 haha).  Oddly enough, though, for running I do best when it's between 30-50, I overheat terribly!  I can't breathe just looking at the Jay workouts when they'd do the run during a 90 degree afternoon!

Edited by ByTor
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Here is a piece of advice: Do not try the new M&M's Caramel candy unless you want to pull out a filling or break your teeth.

OMG I am in LOOOOVE with those things, keep buying bag after bag, hubby thinks I'm crazy but I totally <3 chocolate and caramel

3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Me right now.

I can't stop watching this thinking why is Dobby doing this? He should be dancing much faster rofl

1 hour ago, pizzaislife said:

It is super humid from march to juneish due to all the rain and you know tornados. Blazing hot burning death end of june to september. October is nice. And then frigid finger snapping cold and dry the rest of the time.

I should move.

Ah life in the Midwest, hello stately neighbor (I'm in MO) have fam in OK City and fam that just left OK City for Alabama

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Here is a piece of advice: Do not try the new M&M's Caramel candy unless you want to pull out a filling or break your teeth.

Is it like a milk dud?

Here's news for you, M&Ms company:  you got it perfect with plain and peanut.  You're good.  No more new flavors are necessary.  There will always be an occasion for plain and one for peanut ;)

I LOVE M&Ms! Definitely top three favorite food.  Sushi is another.  I'm hesitant to fill the last spot.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it like a milk dud?

Here's news for you, M&Ms company:  you got it perfect with plain and peanut.  You're good.  No more new flavors are necessary.  There will always be an occasion for plain and one for peanut ;)

I LOVE M&Ms! Definitely top three favorite food.  Sushi is another.  I'm hesitant to fill the last spot.

yep except depending on the bag you get they are usually softer than a Milk Dud

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Is it like a milk dud?

Wait, and pretzel. Have you had pretzel? Man. And peanut butter. 

The caramel m&ms are my new favorite obsession. I have pregnant dreams about them. Of course, I have pregnancy dreams about a lot of food so...grain of salt that thought. 

• Love 5

@spazette did you have your baby over the weekend or are we still awaiting our future DCC legacy? ? I know you probably addressed this already, but I haven't been able to keep up the last few days with work. I'm dying to know!

• Love 2

@Oranaiche not yet! I was admitted, and labored a bit, then...nothing. So home I came! Sigh. Soon, my friends, soon. My little Chiefs player (sorry, I'm from missouri) should be arriving anytime now! I'll keep y'all updated when the time comes! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, spazette said:

The caramel m&ms are my new favorite obsession. I have pregnant dreams about them. Of course, I have pregnancy dreams about a lot of food so...grain of salt that thought. 

What are pregnancy dreams? 

1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

yep except depending on the bag you get they are usually softer than a Milk Dud

I must have gotten the wrong bag because my tmj was starting to kick in, and it hurt to chew and bite down on the candy. I love the peanut butter and peanut chocolate M&M's the best. The almond ones are not bad either. I do not care for candy with caramel in it.

2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

The crazy ass dreams you have when you're pregnant. With my first baby, I had horribly morbid dreams. With my last one and this one, I've had sex dreams like every night. They never involve my husband either ?

ETA they say the dreams are so crazy and vivid because you cycle in and out of REM sleep more while pregnant 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

The strangest, most off the wall bizarre dreams that are somehow the most realistic and lifelike dreams you'll ever have! 

Mix in a little insomnia and voila! Fun times for all! 

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I must have gotten the wrong bag because my tmj was starting to kick in, and it hurt to chew and bite down on the candy. I love the peanut butter and peanut chocolate M&M's the best. The almond ones are not bad either. I do not care for candy with caramel in it.

The first bag I got were stiffer caramels but the next the have been much softer. I love the plain, the peanut, the crispy, the pretzel. Really i love all of the standards just not most of the special seasonal flavors 

I am obsessed with trying all the weird, seasonal/special candies.  It's to the point where friends and co workers bring me unusual stuff that they see out and about LOL I have tried just about all the odd M&M flavors...my absolute FAVE was carrot cake from a few Easters ago.  THE BEST.  Before they became available locally i would buy them off Amazon.  Red Velvet were also REALLY good (from 2014).  Their newer seasonal ones I don't care for...but I do love the caramel ones! Pretzel and PB will always tie for first but the caramel ones are excellent.  I just can't buy them often because I WILL eat the whole bag in two sittings lol 

Pregnancy dreams sound terrible!!! 

• Love 2

I spilled some of my slightly large bag of skittles in the car this morning since my car didn't want to get out of my parking space unless I pressed down hard on the gas lol

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I admire mothers.  I just never wanted to be one.  Dogs are much easier.

THEY ARE?! Wanna trade? Mine are high maintenance asshats!!

Agree on the mother thing. I mean, I don't admire ALL mothers automatically lol. There are some horror shows out there.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have tried just about all the odd M&M flavors...my absolute FAVE was carrot cake from a few Easters ago.

This reminds me...years ago when I was an auditor I had a candy manufacturer called Gertrude Hawk as a client.  They were ALWAYS giving us giant boxes of chocolate; I was told by people previously on that audit that they give you so much candy you get so sick of it that you don't want it anymore, but oddly that never happened to me! Probably their most famous item is the Smidgen, and my favorite of those is the peanut butter smidgen...creamy peanut butter in a milk chocolate coating.  Anyway, they were piloting new flavors when I was there, and one was creamsicle, vanilla in an orange coating.  I LOVED it, but it never took off :(

https://www.gertrudehawkchocolates.com/products/

@Gabrielle Tracy taught me something, I never knew there was an Oakland in PA!

• Love 2
(edited)

God @ByTor you just HAD to say "auditor," didn't you? ? It's my first day off in two fucking weeks and my boss just called me panicked because the internal auditor is at our store (for a normal yearly audit, not because we did something bad). I basically barked at him that it's my DAY OFF and that I've already gone over everything I can think of with him that will help him pass the audit. I come from a long management background with our company so I know these things. He, on the other hand, has no experience and has never been through an audit. The store will probably fail for things that I told him to change, and he didn't. And hey, it is NOT my problem because he's the manager and the audit is on him.

I'm almost kind of sad because I've known our auditor for ten years but I haven't seen her since 2014. I would have liked to see her. But at the same time I'm not sad because getting audited sucks, lol.

Anyway...uh, /seriouspost.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3