Type keyword(s) to search

Game: Same Title, Different Tune

MsTree
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sure these have already been mentioned, but I just watched a Van Halen thing so here goes:

Jump (For Your Love) - Pointer Sisters (1982)

Jump - Van Halen (1984)

Jump - Kris Kross (1992) (those crazy kids with backwards pants)

Jump - Madonna (2005) (hold me; I'm afraid of her now)

Edited by Oosala
22 hours ago, Oosala said:

I'm sure these have already been mentioned,

Yep.  I looked it up, and we listed only two more that weren't included in your post:  Aretha Franklin and Loverboy.

• Like 1

Lust for Life - Iggy Pop (1977)

Lust for Life - Lana Del Rey (2017)

I only discovered this when searching for the lyrics to Iggy Pop's song and this other one turned up.  No idea who Lana Del Ray is, but I hate that breathy, silly women's voice common in today's pop music.  So it's Iggy Pop for the win.

I think for this topic, all you have to do is go to the iTunes store and put in a song title and wham.  You have everyone that's every recorded a song with that title.

Last week, Entertainment Tonight ended one episode with a story about how Lana Del Rey was seen working behind the counter at a diner in Alabama.  I thought they would say it was for some project or something, or for fun (because that's what usually happens in these type of stories on the show), but they just said that they didn't know why she was there but that she was nice to everyone.  Then the episode ended.  That was weird even compared to the usual end-of-show stories.

Creepin' - Stevie Wonder

Creepin' - Metro Boomin', The Weeknd & 21 Savage (and it seems like there's a version with even more people than that)

Hey Mama, Climax Blues Band (1971) - This is the one I know

Hey Mama, Black Eyed Peas (2004)

Hey Mama, Kanye West (2005) 🤮

Hey Mama, David Guetta (2015)

Here's that 1971 Climax Blues Band album cover.  In those days, you had to buy the whole album to get one song, and I did!

31-climax-blues-band-tightly-knit.gif

Edited by Oosala
A Like from @KWalkerInc in this thread. High praise!
  • Like 1

I especially enjoyed the puking emoji next to Kanye!  😄

I was trying to quote the listings for the song "Always," but the quote feature wasn't working very well (left me with blank boxes).  Anyway, I am adding a new "Always" song by Daniel Caesar and Summer Walker.

Memory Lane - Minnie Riperton

Memory Lane - Xscape

23 - Blonde Redhead

23 - Chayce Beckham

Up - Shania Twain

Up - Erica Falls

(I don't know who a couple of those people are, but their songs came up when I was going through some music channels.)

I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

I Won't Give Up - Kelly Clarkson

(I thought she was going to sing the first one when it was listed for her talk show season premiere, but it was actually some new song from the deluxe version of her latest album.)

Edited by KWalkerInc
Added another and note.

Lighthouse - Fantasia

Lighthouse - Kelly Clarkson

Too Much - Spice Girls

Too Much - Kid Laroi & Jung Kook

Smooth - Santana feat. Rob Thomas

Smooth - Con Funk Shun

Feenin' - Jodeci

Feenin' - Urban Mystic

Edited by KWalkerInc
Added another.
On 7/28/2023 at 6:26 PM, Oosala said:

I think for this topic, all you have to do is go to the iTunes store and put in a song title and wham.  You have everyone that's every recorded a song with that title.

Well, not necessarily! Some could be covers of existing songs. 😎

• Like 2

I either don't know or don't remember these songs (though I have the album the *NSYNC song is on), but these were mentioned in a story on Entertainment Tonight:

Selfish - *NSYNC

Selfish - Britney Spears

Selfish - Justin Timberlake

I do know a song that is almost the same title by Fantasia, "Selfish (I Want U 2 Myself)"

Friday's episode of Jeopardy! contained a category "Same Title, Different Lyrics".  I'll post the clues here, and then the correct responses after, so anyone who records J! but hasn't yet watched can stop reading before being spoiled:

$400: Adele & Lionel Richie were greeted with No. 1 hits that had this title

$800: This 1956 Elvis Presley title "found a new place to dwell" with Whitney Houston; different lyrics, of course

$1200: In very different musical styles, The Beatles & The Chainsmokers implored, "Don't" do this

$1600: In very different musical styles, The Animals, ELO & Sia implored, "Don't" do this

$2000: In 1980 this country star had a crossover No. 1 hit with "Lady", a feat not achieved by Styx with the same-titled song

Correct responses:

$400: "Hello"
$800: "Heartbreak Hotel" (none of the contestants got this, which really surprised me)
$1200: let me down (this is the only one in the category I didn't get)
$1600: bring me down (none of the contestants got it)
$2000: Kenny Rogers

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Bad Habits - Maxwell

Bad Habits - Ed Sheeran

Bad Habits - Usher

(There's also "Bad Habit" by Steve Lacy, and I always get confused and think that one has the "s" at the end and the Usher one doesn't.)