Type keyword(s) to search

Game: Same Title, Different Tune

MsTree
  • Start Topic

As I know I have a tendency to repeat sometimes, I went through all nine pages to make sure I wasn't doing so yet again.  😉 I didn't see this one, but if I missed it, throw tomatoes at me.

This is an "almost":

U2 - Sweetest Thing

Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)

No, I'd have definitely remembered, since "The Sweetest Thing" is my favorite Juice Newton song.

We can add Lauryn Hill to the list.  (Actually, the Refugee Camp All-Stars featuring Lauryn Hill, I believe.)

On 8/31/2020 at 3:28 PM, WendyCR72 said:
On 8/31/2020 at 1:48 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Circles - Atlantic Starr

Circles - Post Malone

Circles - Soul Coughing

Circles - Trey Songz

Miss Independent -  Kelly Clarkson

Miss Independent - Ne-Yo

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I looked and didn't see this before, but if I missed it and repeated again, apologies!

Oh, dear - you just posted it 9/28. 

Blame quarantine brain!

Edited by Bastet

Because of You - 98 Degrees

Because of You - Kelly Clarkson

(I knew I'd forgotten one I was going to post, but couldn't think of it until a different 98 Degrees song played.)

Low - Cracker

Low - Kelly Clarkson

Low - Flo Rida feat. T-Pain

I Like - Guy

I Like - Montell Jordan feat. Slick Rick

(Those two just got played back to back on Throwback Jamz, so it was impossible to ignore.)

Edited by KWalkerInc
Added more.
  • Love 2

Another holiday-themed entry!

Merry Christmas, Baby - Covered by Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, and a million others (you know, "Santa came down the chimney, half-past 3..."). Sorry to say I'm not sure of the original artist!

Merry Christmas, Baby - George Thorogood.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Merry Christmas, Baby - Covered by Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, and a million others (you know, "Santa came down the chimney, half-past 3..."). Sorry to say I'm not sure of the original artist!

Probably Johnny Moore, since he co-wrote it.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Popples said:

Everlasting Love - Carl Carlton
Everlasting Love - Tony Terry

One In a Million - Aaliyah
One In a Million - Bosson

I'm going to go listen to some "new" songs; this is the first time in the thread I have not only had as my primary association with the title different songs, but not known any of the songs posted.

(For me, "Everlasting Love" = Howard Jones, and "One in a Million" = the two Wendy posted.)

Oh!  I take that back; it turns out I do know the Carl Carlton song, but more the original Robert Knight version of it (I have also heard Carlton's and a couple of other covers).  For some reason, that song didn't initially click upon reading the title, just the Howard Jones song.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I'm going to go listen to some "new" songs; this is the first time in the thread I have not only had as my primary association with the title different songs, but not known any of the songs posted.

(For me, "Everlasting Love" = Howard Jones, and "One in a Million" = the two Wendy posted.)

Oh!  I take that back; it turns out I do know the Carl Carlton song, but more the original Robert Knight version of it (I have also heard Carlton's and a couple of other covers).  For some reason, that song didn't initially click upon reading the title, just the Howard Jones song.

I had no idea that Carl Carlton's version was a cover, it was the one I was most familiar with, although I just remembered Gloria Estefan has one as well.

The Bosson "One in a Million" comes from Miss Congeniality. I got tired of Christmas movies and when I heard it I wanted to post it before I forgot about it. I'm ashamed I forgot about the Guns N' Roses song, I was such a huge fan of theirs.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:11 AM, Popples said:

Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen (and covered by eleventy thousand others, apparently)
Hallelujah - from the musical Hit the Deck (sung by Tony Martin, Vic Damone, Kay Armen, Debbie Reynolds, Jane Powell, and Ann Miller)

Hallelujah - Carrie Underwood & John Legend (I thought it was another cover of the Leonard Cohen song, as people are putting it on Christmas albums now, but it turned out to be a new song co-written by Legend)

Diamonds - Herb Alpert feat. Janet Jackson

Diamonds - Rihanna

Diamonds - Sam Smith

The first two of that one I think were listed already, but I couldn't find them when I went through the thread.

I also heard another "I Love You" song recently.  It's a Christmas song credited to BeBe & CeCe Winans, though only he sings on it.

I'm listening to the latest album by Melanie C (a.k.a. Sporty Spice), and oddly, most of the titles are ones that I can associate with another artist:

Blame It on Me (Casey Abrams), Good Enough (Bobby Brown), Escape (Journey), Here I Am (Bryan Adams), Nowhere to Run (Martha & the Vandellas), In and Out of Love (Bon Jovi) and on the bonus disc, Into You (Jennifer Lopez) and Touch Me (Samantha Fox)

• Love 2
On 1/4/2021 at 2:26 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I'm listening to the latest album by Melanie C (a.k.a. Sporty Spice), and oddly, most of the titles are ones that I can associate with another artist:

Blame It on Me (Casey Abrams), Good Enough (Bobby Brown), Escape (Journey),

Escape - Enrique Iglesias

Dangerous - Roxette

Dangerous - Michael Jackson

Dangerous - Kardinal Offishall

Again - Janet Jackson

Again - Lenny Kravitz