Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Short Changed at the Nipple Bank

A transgender woman who got her rhinoplasty in Mexico now needs Dr. Nassif's help fixing her collapsed nose; Dr. Dubrow tries to correct a botched double mastectomy; and the docs meet with a U.K. patient who wants to look faker than fake.

I kinda fast-forward through the back stories so didn't realize the nose patient was transgender until I read it here. Anyway, it ticked me off that she had to undress and put on a paper hospital gown open in the front to have her nose examined. Does the show do that every time? I just now noticed it. Another very nice nose reconstruction, though.

Not sure why that (very young) grandmother refused to talk to her daughters about their genetic risk of breast cancer. Maddening.

• Love 2

They took a little bit of rib for use in restructuring her nose, so presumably they wanted to check that incision for healing, too.

• Love 4

Both of the real patients this week were interesting. The transgender woman was really a cautionary tale regarding cheap plastic surgery in Mexico, but we've seen a few of those on this show. I wish there was a sign at the border in Tijuana right under the "Now Leaving the United States" that urges people to reconsider the surgery they're planning. The woman with the breast reconstruction was compelling, I really felt for her and understood why she had the preventative double mastectomy, especially since she saw her mother go through breast cancer. The doctor who did her original reconstruction must have had a major screw loose. The tattooing was amazing and it was interesting to see a tattoo artist in scrubs. As someone said above, I really don't understand why she would delay talking to her daughters about their potential genetic risk until after her plastic surgery was corrected. That's selfish at best. What is she planning on doing, flashing her new boobs to her daughters as a way of showing them that it's going to be ok?

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, mixed feelings... I have a love/hate relationship with the internet because it gives an outlet and apparently income to some of these people that come on this show. I don't know for sure, but I'm willing to bet that hot pink lips lady is an internet "star", and so probably is that waste of DNA, "Frenchy". Yet, the internet also gives an outlet to amazing artists. Anyway...

Another week of WTFuckery with nipples. They showed the double mastectomy woman's whole boobs without nipples, and then once she had the tattooed nipples, but then blurred those. Oh, and they showed her nipples on her stomach.

I laughed at the fact that lips lady's boyfriend's name is "Sham". Those two are a match written in the stars.

Nice fakery on the doctors acting like they don't know what "designer vagina" surgery is.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

Another week of WTFuckery with nipples. They showed the double mastectomy woman's whole boobs without nipples, and then once she had the tattooed nipples, but then blurred those. Oh, and they showed her nipples on her stomach.

WTFuckery indeed.  I think they did show them briefly unblurred, as a reflection in the mirror when she first saw them, but then went to blurring them.  And what they did show didn't look 3D to me (what is 3D tattooing, anyway--massive layers of ink piled up?), but I have a crummy old TV.  Hmm...maybe those of us with old TVs should be able to sign a waiver with the networks that allows us to see things unblurred because our TVs do it for us.

3 hours ago, terrymct said:

What is she planning on doing, flashing her new boobs to her daughters as a way of showing them that it's going to be ok?

Yes.  The lesson is that saving your life is not worth it if you're not going to have good boobs.

13 hours ago, akr said:

Anyway, it ticked me off that she had to undress and put on a paper hospital gown open in the front to have her nose examined.

They took a little bit of rib for use in restructuring her nose, so presumably they wanted to check that incision for healing, too.

My recollection is that she had her shirt off for the consultation as well, because I remember wondering why that was.  Then during the surgery they said something about taking part of the rib, and I thought that must have had something to do with it, but then wondered what exactly they needed to examine on the rib, from the outside, during the consultation.  I guess they couldn't just assume she had ribs?

• Love 2

I looked up 3D tattoos and apparently it just means shading the art to give it dimension.

On another note, I tried the plastic straw trick on my nostrils today and it totally worked! Not a habit I'm willing to take up, though, so I'll stick to Breathe Right strips.

• Love 2

Wait why did that woman even need tattoo nipples? I thought the last doctor saved them and put them on the breasts. Did that not work and I missed it? 

Those black spots on her botched boob job were horrifying. As were the stomach nipples. I was relieved they could help her. 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:02 AM, lordonia said:

Not sure why that (very young) grandmother refused to talk to her daughters about their genetic risk of breast cancer. Maddening.

I suspect it was a producer-fed contrivance to amp up the drama.  We must hurry up and fix this woman's breasts, and do a perfect job, in to save even more lives! 

• Love 1

The nipple tissue can contain cancer cells. Nipples come off with the rest of the breast. Not sure if that was always the case, but it seems to be the way it's done these days.

Why E or VH1 hasn't created a spin off "therapy" show for all these cartoon wanna be's with body & facial dysmorphia I don't know. They can file out of Debrow & Nasiff's offices, go down the hall, take the elevator down one floor and line up outside the office of a ready for TV psychiatrist.  These men & women who are in their 20's look horribly disfigured. Most of these Millennials have skipped past Gen X and right into Baby Boomer zone with these misguided attempts to look young.  I'd also like to see a show 10-15 years from now that shows what all those "enhancements" look like. And can we please stop with the lip injections and implant devices??  It is so unattractive.

The lady with the double mastectomy- did she never tell her girls that she was having surgery the first time?  Were they completely unaware that she had her boobs removed & then (badly) redone? I'm doubtful she kept her kids in complete darkness about her surgery and recovery. If she were truly concerned for her children/grandchildren's health I am sure she could have a conversation about the cancer risk without perfect boobs.  She could use her botched boob & nipple job as a cautionary tale too...if you decide to have plastic surgery (elective or reconstructive), make sure you research the procedure, the clinic and especially the doctor.

• Love 3