Type keyword(s) to search

Read A Report From A 'Hellish' New York Casting Call For The Bachelor

• Start Topic

Is this indicative of an entire generation of women who are so desperate for attention and confirmation of their self worth that they go on a national tv show for the chance to make out with a stranger and then be told to leave. The Bachelor is not your ticket to fame and fortune ladies. It's your ticket to humiliation.

You get there, see a 3 mile long line, and you don't even think "oh heeeelllll no! Not today satan! And take your happe ass home? You get in line? REALLY? The hell?

And this woman can. not. write. I HATE that she ended it in the middle. No follow up. No three weeks later and no call...something...land that plane.

Click bait. For real. I feel cheated.

• Love 7

I was far from impressed with this writer as well, but since she was highly impressed with herself, I don't think that would make a difference. I would have thought the point of the writing would be to get as many stories and revealing comments as you can - both from the women auditioning and the casting crew. There also should have been an update although I think it's highly unlikely she would have made it thru to the next stage. The condescension was fairly dripping off her. Not entertaining at all, nor informative.

• Love 2

I just think it's BS that this reporter has now gone to 2 separate casting calls for the Bachelor 'just for reporting purposes' (eyeroll) . Pause:  I had started to type that <-------<----------- and then I thought "wait, maybe she attends all sorts of castings just to report on them, I shouldn't judge".  So I stopped and did a very brief google search on the author. Now I'm willing to say that I could be missing a lot but....She's really an author. Not a great one, from what I could see easily, but a legitimate one... but also not one who goes to muliple castings just to report on them. 

So, unpause:

I just think it's BS that this reporter is going on multiple castings of the Bachelor just for reporting purposes. She sounds bitter and annoyed and needlessly bitchy in her analysis of the process and judgement of the women around her and I'm guessing that that's because she is. 

Stop trying to make the bachelor happen for you Allie, it's not going to happen.

• Love 3

If she's a writer, she likely goes where someone is prepared to pay her to go. If someone assigned her to two Bachelor casting calls, she would go to two Bachelor casting calls. And if she resented having to take such jobs (it's a fluff piece, which would be assigned to someone largely because of their looks, so I can fully see why someone would resent it), that could easily manifest in the same sort of bitterness, annoyance, and crankiness about it all that you observe.

Or she might be trying to get herself cast and taking the opportunity to write about it. Could go either way.

22 hours ago, kingshearte said:

If she's a writer, she likely goes where someone is prepared to pay her to go. If someone assigned her to two Bachelor casting calls, she would go to two Bachelor casting calls. And if she resented having to take such jobs (it's a fluff piece, which would be assigned to someone largely because of their looks, so I can fully see why someone would resent it), that could easily manifest in the same sort of bitterness, annoyance, and crankiness about it all that you observe.

Or she might be trying to get herself cast and taking the opportunity to write about it. Could go either way.

I'm voting #2. Why would any media outfit (online or print) send her TWICE?  Especially since she isn't that good of a writer. I think any poster in here could do a better job.