Type keyword(s) to search

Orphan Black Will Return For A Fifth And Final Season

Excellent - going for the magical 5 seasons! Of course I'll miss Clone Club but I appreciate a show going out guns blazing (Leverage) instead of slowly going to hell with a whimper (oh, so many others).

• Love 1

Couldn't it last for six seasons instead? I'm glad they have an end-date, but after the stellar 4th season recovered from the shows castor-slump, I really wanted to see more. I guess there's no chance of it being picked up by netflix either, since the creators seem fine with the conclusion? Maybe in ten-twenty years there will be some new episodes...

For me the only slump was the Castor storyline. This season has been great and Tatiana of course as been amazing in every season. 4 seasons in and I still forget it's the same actress playing the clones. 

That said, I think 5 seasons is good. I want this show to go out while I still love it. 

• Love 9

They creators said a couple of years before that they originally had a plan for three seasons, which they then expanded to five after the initial success. So sticking to that makes sense and I'm okay with that. It's hard enough for any show to stay good beyond season five, especially for one as serialized as this. Season four has been a solid step back to form plotwise so far (albeit a bit low on the humor lately), so let's hope they can put together a final season that rivals the first one. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Gosh it's refreshing to hear of a show giving itself an expiry date.  I like it.  Masters of their own universe. (Even if it didn't happen that way, and I have no idea, it's nice to see them able to plan ahead.  Good news!)

ETA:  I just went and read the article linked to in the first post -- shout out to the scorpion!!  Amen, sestras!

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

For me the only slump was the Castor storyline. This season has been great and Tatiana of course as been amazing in every season. 4 seasons in and I still forget it's the same actress playing the clones. 

That said, I think 5 seasons is good. I want this show to go out while I still love it. 

Castor was the low point but this season has seen too many characters and not enough time on the group spending time together (granted they are all splintered but still)

Season 3 and the Castors came across better for me on re-watch. Aside from the major squick factor of using them as bio-weapons against women, there were some really good elements that I enjoyed. Anyway -- I applaud them having a planned end date to wrap things up as this would be a terrible show to leave unresolved. However, I was really hoping for two more seasons.