Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Two Shots: Move Forward

(edited)

Season 7 premiere. In the aftermath of the shooting, members of the team do their best to investigate the matter as they attempt to locate Alice Sands in order to bring her to justice before she is able to ruin Jane's life.

Edited by tessaray
Edited date.

I'll give R&I 2 thumbs up just for having a smart, female villain but I don't understand any more than Jane does why this woman would go after her.  Oh well... 

The main good thing was having R&I back on my screen. 

• Love 2

It really makes no sense. Jane has zero memory of this person. For all of the effort to go after someone you'd think she's want to go after someone who at least remembers who she is. But I am also very glad the show is back.

I rolled my eyes and sighed during Angela's breakup with what's his face. Of course she does that - without even telling him why or giving him an option.

I did find it interesting that although Frankie's "girlfriend" was mentioned - she did not appear in the show (maybe in the initial scene?). So he wasn't at all worried about her, just Nina, which is fine by me.

The whole Fagin with a gun thing was annoying. She just isn't interesting at all. She's supposedly a drug trade mastermind who has no trouble attracting minions who will follow her orders without question, and her motivation is supposedly that Jane was better than her in police academy?

• Love 1

I rolled my eyes and sighed during Angela's breakup with what's his face. Of course she does that - without even telling him why or giving him an option.

Yeah, me too.  That was the lamest excuse, "I have to concentrate on my kids."  Her kids are in their 30's and 40's.  I don't blame the guy for being pissed.

I really dislike multi-episode arcs where someone is trying to get to one of the team.  I just find them boring.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/7/2016 at 9:09 AM, andromeda331 said:

It really makes no sense. Jane has zero memory of this person. For all of the effort to go after someone you'd think she's want to go after someone who at least remembers who she is. But I am also very glad the show is back.

I have to say, that part of it works for me. Jane didn't do anything, she was just a convenient target for this woman's irrational rage. It's kind of like stalking, but with a fantasy of rivalry instead of romance.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
wording change
  • Love 4
(edited)

This episode was a kind of museum  example of the good/bad that is Rizzoli and Isles.  I love the cast, I love the characters, but the crimes are always ridiculous.  Alice Sands as a "charismatic" serial killer cult leader is down on the level of The Following.  It 's implausible on any conceivable level.  And Angela's soap opera martyr schtick - sheesh.  Yet I enjoyed it all despite everything and I really will miss this show.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 2

Angela dumping Ron was such a thoroughly Angela thing to do that I couldn't even be mad. I wouldn't mind if they wrapped her story up by him showing up again in the next couple of eps for a reunion. I liked him and his daughter needs to take her passive aggressive bullshit elsewhere. Angela doing it for her children is ridiculous. Doing it for his daughter and grandchildren is more understandable so he could easily come around. Then they can go back to Paris for half the season.

I thought Frankie checked on Nina first but it was Kent. Given his history as a battlefield doctor, the little detail that instead of running, as soon as the shooting stopped he went to the most wounded was nice. Though there is a bit of a continuity issue there- when it started he covered Maura. Then all of a sudden she's bleeding up against building while he's on the other side of the crowd. The jump from the crowd fighting for cover to Jane running while Maura, Nina and Kent are left on the sidewalk and Frankie goes in and closes the door (which I'm not knocking- those are solid cop instincts) was jarring.

My biggest issue with Jane's dress was that it's ugly. And inappropriate. Seriously, she's the best man at her friend's wedding in a bar. The bride has on a high necked, knee length dress. Can we have like half as much boobage here? Then again Maura's dress would have benefited from an extra inch of fabric on either side too so maybe the costumers were just having a boob day.

I have trouble seeing Jane as the runaway best of the best in cop school so my faith in this story line was always on rocky ground.Top of her class sure, but so far ahead that she didn't even notice those around her fighting to keep up? No way. Besides the fact that Alice coming from a big deal cop family would have been common knowledge. Being nuts can account for a lot of character issues for Alice but not for Jane's role in it all. And since when does a hair in an alley prove someone shot up a wedding? Or even reasonably suggest that they did?

I like Kent. I liked him before, I like him now, I like him with Maura, and I like the idea of him with Maura. The line 'she should bring down a heap of hellish goodwill on your head' is awesome.

The bell was hilarious. Maura's little smile when she said it was Kent's idea was cute. I never thought being coddled would be a turn on for her considering how incredibly self-sufficient she is but maybe that's why it is. It helps that he's a doctor too, and she knows she actually does need it. And I mean the dude literally came running when she called. It's hard not to feel a little sweet at that. He certainly was.

• Love 4

This Rizzles shipper's version: Alice and Jane got drunk one  night at the police academy; had great sex; next morning, however, Jane panicked and ran to confession and vowed she's straight; Alice packed up and left, disappearing for decades.  Alice knows about Jane & Maura being a couple and she is enraged with jealousy.  

I know that's fanfic, but what else makes sense?

• Love 7

Didn't realize this show was back until it showed up on my DVR. These split seasons are ridiculous.

Oh no, the fugly dress is back! Groan. I'm amazed everything stayed in place while Jane was running around the alley being all tough cop.

This whole stalker story didn't make much sense to me last season, and it hasn't improved with age. But I'm so glad they didn't kill off any more characters (I'm still bummed about Susie).

• Love 1
On 6/9/2016 at 8:36 AM, Scamp said:

This Rizzles shipper's version: Alice and Jane got drunk one  night at the police academy; had great sex; next morning, however, Jane panicked and ran to confession and vowed she's straight; Alice packed up and left, disappearing for decades.  Alice knows about Jane & Maura being a couple and she is enraged with jealousy.  

I know that's fanfic, but what else makes sense?

I'm not a shipper but this makes more sense than the story the writers have put out there. 

• Love 5

Rewatching this episode and I have two words to say that would've kept Alice in jail after the tunnel shooting:  Body Cam.. And would keep us from having to deal with the aftermath of accusations that Jane is a rouge cop run amok.  But of course, then we'd have no show.  

• Love 3