Type keyword(s) to search

Cleaning House: The Cast Topic

I went to high school in Pensacola, Florida for one year with Katy Mixon.  She was a freshman my senior year and was a sweet good friend.  I have enjoyed her on her other shows and movies, and am looking forward to seeing her play the lead on a show. 

• Love 3

I didn't watch episodes of "Mike & Molly" in the original run, but I happened to catch a Season 1 episode today. In it, Katy Mixon's character was having a crisis as she approached her 30th birthday. She ended up going to Carl's church, where she was inspired by the preacher. Her reactions to "getting religion" were funny without being condescending to church. I actually laughed out loud!

And she got to sing "Oh Happy Day", and BOY can that girl belt out a song!

• Love 3

Katy Mixon was engaged to Paula Deen’a son, Bobby Dean. Katy was on an episode of Paula’s Food Channel show many years ago. 

However, they split up. She wanted a career in Hollywood and he wanted a trophy wife on his arm. 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Thanks for posting those.  She's so adorable!

A veteran of the ABC sitcom American Housewife, Butters was spotted by Tarantino when he had the series playing as background noise while he wrote the script.

C'mon Quentin... you can just admit you watch American Housewife.  😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I didn't know where to put this question:  Why so many weeks of reruns?

Wow, you're right, the next episode doesn't air until January 24th - That's well over a month of hiatus considering that the previous episode aired on December 13.  I am beyond annoyed with the recent trend of TV show extended holiday/winter breaks.

• Love 1

Has this program gone off the air or something? Is the season over for weeks now, already? I don't understand these networks...they put a show on the fall schedule then there are weeks and weeks that it's either not shown or there are reruns early in the season. 

4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Has this program gone off the air or something? Is the season over for weeks now, already? I don't understand these networks...they put a show on the fall schedule then there are weeks and weeks that it's either not shown or there are reruns early in the season. 

There’s an announcement in the Media thread about AH moving to Wednesdays March 18.

• Love 2
On 2/24/2020 at 5:32 AM, floridamom said:

I'm going through this with a few other shows too.  I don't know how they expect the audience to keep up with it.  Out of sight out of mind, don't they know that?  The only way I "remember" to watch it is because I have my DVR set to record.  But if not for that I'd lose track of this and the other shows too.  What I hate is that they bring the show back for a few weeks then it's gone again for two months and for a while you can't even find out when (or if) it's coming back.  Where's the logic in that?

• Love 6

I checked my guide for March 18th....no American Housewife listed. Where did this show go? It has been off for a few months...not a good move if they want viewers to 'remember' to record & watch if they don't let us know when it's on.

• Love 1