Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14:Top Chef Charleston Spoilers

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Wasn't it last season that they did both lunch and dinner service for RW and each cheftestant had to take a turn at either FOH or Executive Chef?  I hope they hold to that for this season too.  No hiding then.

Yes, I loved that!

Not really anything revealing the next preview clips.

-Sylva was shown struggling in this challenge.  The weather that day was really hot, so his food was falling apart.  Wonder if several other people will struggle as well.
-Sheldon looked kind of pissy, although obviously that could be a red herring.
-Brooke is attempting to make 100 crepes  @.@, uh hopefully she can pull that off.

Huge spoiler for next episode

So the next quickfire....is another death round quickfire.  WTH top chef?!

Everyone that is present at the elimination challenge.  Shirley, John, Silva, Brooke, and Sheldon.  So looks like Casey is gone.

Looks like Sheldon, John, and Brooke are struggling.  The other preview clip, is Sheldon talking to his family on his cellphone.  Which does not look good for him in an editing standpoint.

Edited by seltzer3
1 hour ago, seltzer3 said:

Everyone that is present at the elimination challenge.  Shirley, John, Silva, Brooke, and Sheldon.  So looks like Casey is gone.

Looks like Sheldon, John, and Brooke are struggling.  The other preview clip, is Sheldon talking to his family on his cellphone.  Which does not look good for him in an editing standpoint.

Oh be still my heart!  

• Love 1
On 1/28/2017 at 9:46 AM, seltzer3 said:

Hmm...Since there are 6 episodes left but 6 chefs, and we know next show will be a double elim...that means there will be a non-elimination episode? like Boston did? or a two part finale?

Well, the preview of the next episode of TC (with just 4 cheftestants left in the main competition), shown at the end of the "shrimp boats" episode, shows Brooke crying at Judge's Table. Perhaps this is where the TH of her saying she should never have come back fits in? It suggests that she is the next to go.

I asked in the LCK thread, did anyone else hear the announcer say "win $10,000 and their way into the finals" when the commercial came on about voting for fan favorite? Is that a new twist that might explain the number of contestants who'll be competing?

7 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I asked in the LCK thread, did anyone else hear the announcer say "win $10,000 and their way into the finals" when the commercial came on about voting for fan favorite? Is that a new twist that might explain the number of contestants who'll be competing?

I saw this at the end of the Shrimp Boats episode:

In the fan favorite competition these chefs need more than kitchen skills. They need your votes to win 10 grand. (a big "$10,000 sponsored by S. Pellegrino" appears on screen). Here's who's in the lead so far. (the leaderboard, 1-16, appears on screen).  Support your favorite chef by casting your vote (URL appears on screen). Only the chefs with the most votes will move on.

The announcer clearly said chefs (plural) will move on. I wonder what that's about.

Edited by JeanneH
34 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It shows all of their pictures but there is no way to vote.  I missed when the voting starts if it was announced.  Am I missing something?

Underneath each cheftestant's picture is a VOTE button. Click on that.

However, you need to log in with Facebook, or with your phone number.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 8.44.17 PM.jpg

• Love 1

I read the rules and there are times you can vote ET and the time now is not in that window so I couldn't.  I don't understand the number of contestants each week,  from the official rules page.  So we can only vote for those shown on a given week. 

Week 1: Start Time: 2/2/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/9/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 16

Week 2: Start Time: 2/9/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/16/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 8

Week 3: Start Time: 2/16/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/23/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 4

Week 4: Start Time: 2/23/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 3/2/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 2

Week 1: Start Time: 2/2/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/9/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 16

Week 2: Start Time: 2/9/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/16/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 8

Week 3: Start Time: 2/16/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 2/23/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 4

Week 4: Start Time: 2/23/17 at 9:00 PM ET, End Time: 3/2/17 at 4:00 PM ET, # of Contestants: 2

I don't feel so dumb about not knowing about fan favorite voting now - it didn't start it until this week's episode!

3 ways to vote.  The Fan Favorite page has an info block above the video (which is above the photos of the chefs). The info block includes instructions on how to vote by text.

The other 2 ways to vote are pretty much the same. Click on whoever you want to vote for. That takes you to a login screen - either login to Facebook or give them your phone number - then click Submit. The next screen is where you enter (via +/- buttons) how many votes you want to cast for that person. Then you click Submit again.

There's a 40 vote per device/method limit. I have confirmed you can cast 40 votes giving them your phone number and 40 more votes using your FB login. Haven't tried 40 text votes yet. If you've cast 40 votes by one of those methods it won't let you use that method again. You can split your vote, just don't exceed 40 by that method.

Edited by JeanneH

I am logged in on the Fan Favorite page for sure.  When I mouse over the orange buttons, they turn blue but, when I click on one, nothing happens.  Is something supposed to happen or is that actually registering as a vote?

11 hours ago, mlp said:

I am logged in on the Fan Favorite page for sure.  When I mouse over the orange buttons, they turn blue but, when I click on one, nothing happens.  Is something supposed to happen or is that actually registering as a vote?

Clicking on someone takes you to the login screen for voting. After you've logged in there and clicked submit, then you can vote - you tell it (using +/- buttons) how many votes you want to make for that person then click submit again to cast that vote.  If you're doing all that and still not getting to vote, I wonder if you have pop-up blockers on or Flash turned off or something like that.

Thanks, Jeanne.  I'm already logged in and can see "Hello, mlp" on the page but nothing happens when I click on a button no matter what browser I try.  I'll check my pop-up blocker.  Thanks for the advice.

Fan Favorite voting page appears to be really mucked up tonight (or it's getting slammed). I'm getting actual error messages from the site (An error has ocurred while processing your vote. Please try again!)  Maybe tomorrow.

Well, all the newbies are gone. Jamie (the last one) got sent packing. So it is now between Casey and Brooke, and we will find out who it is when they air the next episode. And this time, TPTB took care not to hint at who it is in their previews, it seems to me, unlike when they gave clues to who it was in TC Season 11 (from the characteristic posture of the chef rejoining them in the snippet of the preview)

I like Casey and Brooke so this one is tough (I like that Casey is a little cantankerous at times!).

IMO, Brooke has an edge in that she has slightly more skill perhaps, but Casey seems to be more consistent.  Tough call.  I'd be fine with either returning.  I'd put money on Brooke though, and she could go to the end.

John has completely endeared me and I'm so glad he made it through!  Without going into personal details, his little story is inspiring to me. 

Shirley is a powerhouse and Sheldon is beyond amazing as a person and as a chef.   These two were born with the ability to be upbeat and positive.  That is a special gift that many don't have.

In the end, I really hope Sheldon takes it.  He seems to be growing into his talent. For as good as he is, there seems to be room for him to be even better.  I hope what Tom said comes true and that Sheldon becomes world-renowned. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, JeanneH said:

Fan Favorite voting page appears to be really mucked up tonight (or it's getting slammed). I'm getting actual error messages from the site (An error has ocurred while processing your vote. Please try again!)  Maybe tomorrow.

And it's "tomorrow" and the fan favorite voting page worked perfectly for me.  They have cut from 16 chefs to the 8 you can vote on.

I think Brooke wins LCK.  In the season preview they run at the end of the first episode, they show a clip of one of her confessionals where she says the line "I should not have come back".  It follows the clip from this episode where she is crying and says she didn't want to come back if she didn't do better.  But she is not wearing the same thing she was wearing in her confessional for this episode.  The outfit she wore in this episode's confessionals was the same one she has had for the last 4 episodes.  Now, they could have been done after the show was over in which case it wouldn't indicate anything.  But more likely, they were taken during the break before they all went to Mexico.

The clothes she is wearing for the "I shouldn't have come back" confessional have not been shown before in any confessional, even the LCK ones.  So, either it was done after the show is completely over, or it was done subsequent to her eviction and before the finale.  But if she doesn't win LCK, why would they show a confessional in the finale?  I don't recall them ever doing that.  Usually in this coming episode, they show the winner of LCK as they join the others, but no confessionals from the losing chef.  I know this is convoluted, but I think I'm right.  Or not.

13 minutes ago, TomTraubertsBlue said:

But more likely, they were taken during the break before they all went to Mexico.

This year there was only a week between the main show and going to Mexico not the longer break they usually have, Tom tweeted about it being the shortest break they have ever had.

I am curious if the shorter break will show in the chefs performance because in the past they have used the break to train for the finale. Though one could argue that the longer break hurt Sheldon because he staged at some high end restaurants and ended up changing his style of food.

• Love 1

Based on what I've seen on Brooke/Casey's social media, to me I think it's pretty obvious Casey returns. Casey never gave a farewell to Top Chef type of instagram post, and she was hyping up the LCK episode with her and Brooke... When replying to other's tweets claiming they saw Brooke in the promo, both obviously said it wasn't true but personally I got the impression Casey is the one who is back in. Could be wrong.

59 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Based on the preview it looks like Brooke's TC sous are Sam and Sheldon and Shirley's are Katsuji and Casey. Speculation that the third sous is someone that the work with and that Brooke's is her husband. 

Seems like Shirley got first pick and chose Casey (?) I'm guessing to throw Brooke off....not sure just guessing.

Shirley is VERY teary eyed in the confessional/talking head, though I'm not sure if they were tears of joy of winning, from the emotion that it was all over, or from sadness of losing. Brooke doesn't seem too enthusiastic or emotional in her confessional, the opposite of Shirley.

I do think the finale is 50/50, anyone's chance. If you believe the seasons is rigged for Brooke, she has that going for her, and in any event she's Tom's favorite. Shirley does have the fact that I think the talking head shown really seems to favor her (she seems to have tears of joy?), and she did beat Brooke head to head on Top Chef duels before, plus the format of cooking whatever you want seems to suit her more??

Edited by bobbobbob199
5 minutes ago, bobbobbob199 said:

Seems like Shirley got first pick and chose Casey (?) I'm guessing to throw Brooke off....not sure just guessing.

Given that Brooke ends up with Sheldon the game play notion seems unlikely. If Shirley got first pick and ended up with Casey and Katsuji she sucks at picking chefs.

Just now, biakbiak said:

Given that Brooke ends up with Sheldon the game play notion seems unlikely. If Shirley got first pick and ended up with Casey and Katsuji she sucks at picking chefs.

In the preview clip, she does get first pick, though...

I think her logic is: Casey is a strong chef, and will certainly throw Brooke off because Brooke is almost certain to pick Casey if she does not (Sheldon is great too, but his cooking style will not mesh with Brooke). So she picks Casey, Brooke picks her second choice Sheldon.

Then Shirley picks Katsuji since she wants some Mexican influence to fit the setting/local culture, and Brooke picks Sam who is proven to be a good helper/sous chef.

I just think that there is no chance Brooke doesn't pick Sheldon first and always. I think if Shirley picks first and chooses Casey it's because she values her as a chef and not for game play/messing with Brooke. It's not just that Brooke and Sheldon are close friends they have also successfully worked together on multpile challenges over two seasons.

• Love 2