Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

Who gives a frak about Scratch? I want to see Reid with Diana, with JJ... back with the team, going head to head with Cat, hugging JJ and Emily, and Rossi tearing up... come on. Right now all I want to see is Spencer back with his fam. 

Hope I get lucky.

52 minutes ago, Willowy said:

Who gives a frak about Scratch? I want to see Reid with Diana, with JJ... back with the team, going head to head with Cat, hugging JJ and Emily, and Rossi tearing up... come on. Right now all I want to see is Spencer back with his fam. 

Hope I get lucky.

Head to head with Cat??? I dont think that is happening. I think its head to head with Lindsey.

Yes but I do want Reid back with the team by end of this season and out of prison forever.

• Love 1

Lindsey is not an old nemesis, whereas Cat is. So is Scratch, but, at least until and unless Scratch kidnaps Diana, he's not as personal a nemesis to Reid as Cat is. 

I really wish the Vaughan's weren't in this increasingly overpopulated mix. I want it to be about Spencer, first and foremost, and the team.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, normasm said:

Lindsey is not an old nemesis, whereas Cat is. So is Scratch, but, at least until and unless Scratch kidnaps Diana, he's not as personal a nemesis to Reid as Cat is. 

I really wish the Vaughan's weren't in this increasingly overpopulated mix. I want it to be about Spencer, first and foremost, and the team.

yup even I wish it was Cat. She and MGG had great chemistry. I said Lindsey because I cannot see Aubrey Plaza in the guest cast.

You can pay a little extra to actors to hide their name from the credits. They could be doing that with Bohdi Elfman (in fact, I hope that's what they are doing) and Aubrey Plaza.

I just hope that Scratch's storyline is done after S13E01. I don't want him to start hanging over the series like Red John did with The Mentalist, because that will get tiring and silly quickly. I'd also have to start questioning the competency of the BAU, especially considering that Scratch is making it no secret that he is targeting the team and has been effective in doing so.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

You can pay a little extra to actors to hide their name from the credits. They could be doing that with Bohdi Elfman (in fact, I hope that's what they are doing) and Aubrey Plaza.

I just hope that Scratch's storyline is done after S13E01. I don't want him to start hanging over the series like Red John did with The Mentalist, because that will get tiring and silly quickly. I'd also have to start questioning the competency of the BAU, especially considering that Scratch is making it no secret that he is targeting the team and has been effective in doing so.

I believe they did this with Beth Reisgraf early in the Maeve arc; they didn't credit her onscreen until Zugzwang, i believe. And, yes, I was thinking Red John back when they tried to make a big bad out of the Replicator (and failed). 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Ohh ok. I did not know that they could do this. Then I hope Cat it is then(excited to see that). I dont watch much tv so don't have that much knowledge on these things. Criminal Minds is something I picked up for binge watching in a long time and got hooked up because of Reid mainly and the team dynamics. The last series I watched was The X Files.

I think I've come up with the idea for a new "Criminal Minds" spin-off series (I know, boo, hiss). The series focusing on the minor characters who have appeared throughout the original "Criminal Minds": victims who have been rescued, ordinary people reacting to the news that their neighbor/coworker/ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend has been identified as an unsub and arrested, some LEOs etc. It could be like "The Twilight Zone", an anthology series. Each episodes focuses on a different character, or a group of characters.

Some suggestions:

- amateur arson investigators from 1x02 "Compulsion"

- Maggie Callahan from 2x05 "Aftermath"

- Maggie (a different one) from 2x22 "Legacy" (or the LEO from that episode)

- Carrie Ortiz from 3x04 "Children of the Dark"

- Barry Flynn from 8x9 "Magnificent Light"

- parents from 9x10 "The Caller"

And many more.

• Love 1

But considering that the "Red Light" press release specifically  mentions Mr. Scratch, it would not be some sort of shock or give away to openly credit Bodhi Elfman in the press release. I get why sometimes the network would want to hide a surprise guest, but I can't see why this time would be one of those times. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

If they were hiding some actors from the credits, I wonder why Erica Messer was apparently so surprised when asked about seeing Lindsey in the cast/credits.

I also hope this storyline finishes quickly. Then again, that was my opinion before it even began. I liked Red John better because I felt more emotionally invested in the resolution of that storyline, whereas I don't really care much about the Scratch storyline.

• Love 2

Stupid Red John was the reason I stopped watching The Mentalist. Talk about a drag.

If Erica was really that surprised then she needs to step it up. It's been all over the place and anyone looking for any info on the show would have caught it. She's usually pretty engaged, so... if she thinks THAT is a spoiler?

Hmm.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

But considering that the "Red Light" press release specifically  mentions Mr. Scratch, it would not be some sort of shock or give away to openly credit Bodhi Elfman in the press release. I get why sometimes the network would want to hide a surprise guest, but I can't see why this time would be one of those times. 

My only guess is that CM would think they're being cagey by "not confirming" that Mr. Elfman is making an appearance. You're right, it's faulty logic...but CM isn't always logical.

4 hours ago, secnarf said:

If they were hiding some actors from the credits, I wonder why Erica Messer was apparently so surprised when asked about seeing Lindsey in the cast/credits.

I also hope this storyline finishes quickly. Then again, that was my opinion before it even began. I liked Red John better because I felt more emotionally invested in the resolution of that storyline, whereas I don't really care much about the Scratch storyline.

I always look to Red John as a cautionary tale, one reminding Hollywood writers that if you're creating an epic "Big Bad", you at least need to plan the character to a degree (at least the resolution). I fear the writers of CM just haven't heeded this message with Scratch, who I think could have been epic if his storyline was just planned right. I grant that the loss of Hotch complicated things, but it shouldn't have hurt things to the extent that it has.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

My only guess is that CM would think they're being cagey by "not confirming" that Mr. Elfman is making an appearance. You're right, it's faulty logic...but CM isn't always logical.

I always look to Red John as a cautionary tale, one reminding Hollywood writers that if you're creating an epic "Big Bad", you at least need to plan the character to a degree (at least the resolution). I fear the writers of CM just haven't heeded this message with Scratch, who I think could have been epic if his storyline was just planned right. I grant that the loss of Hotch complicated things, but it shouldn't have hurt things to the extent that it has.

Well, considering Scratch was supposed to be a Hotch arc, that does tend to complicate things. I think they jumped the shark on this one and they're not planning it out. 

• Love 2

Hotch isn't a factor here. Yet.

What remains to be seen is how far they're willing to take it. They could lay bare a WHOLE world of CM lore.

We'll see if they've got the guts.

They turned Mr. Scratch in some kind of The Reaper 2.0, I think that was a bad idea, for starters, and I do agree they didn't adjust the plot well after Hotch was cut out of the equation. Bad writing as always.

Edited by smoker
  • Love 2

Solitary.   Probably safer for him there.  I want him out of prison. As rah rah as I was about this arc the whole Reid in prison has worn out its welcome with me.  Get. Him. OUT already!! 

?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Solitary.   Probably safer for him there.  I want him out of prison. As rah rah as I was about this arc the whole Reid in prison has worn out its welcome with me.  Get. Him. OUT already!! 

?

Completely agree with your sentiment Riff. As much as I enjoyed MGG's amazing acting in this arc, now I really want him out of prison and back in BAU. Though I think that will only happen in the finale. 

(cause I'm lazy, copied & pasted from elsewhere):

couple speculative thoughts I just wanna toss out there:

--what's the math? is it possible that Mr Scratch is actually Cat Adams' father? (still not convinced Aubrey Plaza is gonna be back, but I sure hope so)

--Malcolm and Calvin are both credited in that episode; we see Calvin in a couple of those pictures, we don't see Malcolm. Is it possible Malcolm is the one Reid appears to be standing over in that one photo? Did Calvin set something up between them? (I don't trust that Calvin as far as I can spit, which isn't very far)

--in one photo, Reid appears to be going through Diana's memory book, like he's looking for a clue as to why she's gone. (I'm currently going through my saved copy of Surface Tension to see if I can pick up anything we may have missed earlier) JJ is there with him, as is some kind of law enforcement agent so I'm guessing he somehow indicated that he could figure out who took her/where she went/if she wandered off but it required going back there. ( maybe she wanted to go back to where she was 'before before' and is in a lucid moment trying to return to Vegas. 

--Diana's caregiver isn't credited in this episode. hmmmm.

--and as someone somewhere (don't remember where I saw it/who said it, sorry) pointed out, TPTB have ways around actually listing people in press releases/show credits so maaaaaaaybeeeeee........

Discuss :)

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

Is it possible Malcolm is the one Reid appears to be standing over in that one photo? Did Calvin set something up between them? (I don't trust that Calvin as far as I can spit, which isn't very far)

As someone somewhere (don't remember where I saw it/who said it, sorry) pointed out, TPTB have ways around actually listing people in press releases/show credits so maaaaaaaybeeeeee........

I had to do a bit of Googling to remember who Malcolm was. Shows how much this arc has truly kept my interest. :P

I suppose Shaw may have done something to Reid's poor laundry-mate, but I hope this time Reid gets the drop on Shaw. He's been way too passive in this arc.

I also was the one who pointed out you can pay an actor extra to have their names blanked from the credits, though it's been pointed out many times before by others, so I won't take the, um, credit for that. As much as I would wildly guess that many different people could return, the only real possibility is Bohdi Elfman, because I can't imagine they would stretch out Scratch's storyline too much.

Unless he really does become this show's Red John...

• Love 1

I don't remember Lindsey, I don't remember Malcolm, and it took me a little while to realize that 'Calvin' and 'Shaw' are the same person.

I think I have officially lost interest.

• Love 2

Thanks for the screencaps,, Reidfan!!

How can he look so handsome when he is feeling so bad??!

As I've already said in the episode thread, if most of the episode is similar to the scene in the sneak peak, we are going to need some tissues!!

I can't wait!! 

Editing to add: great performance from both of them. When Reid's voice breaks... and all of Diana's part. And the end of the scene... (I just want to hug my son) WOW!!

Edited by senin
  • Love 2

and I'm gonna have a looooooooong night ahead of me, by the looks of things :)

and I gotta be at the airport tomorrow morning too. LOL. hmmm.

I gotta admit though, I miss the kid (the son who does all the computery things for me) cause I haven't been able to dload any of the previews etc. This software only seems to work for him :D ....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

Random thought: what if the Reid arc was written to have the team believe he was guilty, with only Reid knowing he was framed? Would that make the arc more palatable?

Not to demean you or your opinion at all, but besides Matthew's superb acting skills, the knowledge that his team has full faith in Reid and his innocence, is what's making this arc watchable for me. Favorite character or not, I think I would lose interest in CM if his team, especially the older members of it, didn't know him enough to think he was capable of murder. Yes, they might could have believed he was drugged into it, but still, that would've been mostly out of his control. 

Just my two cents though :)

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Random thought: what if the Reid arc was written to have the team believe he was guilty, with only Reid knowing he was framed? Would that make the arc more palatable?

No I don't think so. If people who know him so well for so long, believed that he was the killer then it would shatter him completely.

And that would be even more unbelievable story arc for me.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

Not to demean you or your opinion at all, but besides Matthew's superb acting skills, the knowledge that his team has full faith in Reid and his innocence, is what's making this arc watchable for me. Favorite character or not, I think I would lose interest in CM if his team, especially the older members of it, didn't know him enough to think he was capable of murder. Yes, they might could have believed he was drugged into it, but still, that would've been mostly out of his control. 

Just my two cents though :)

All right. Two things:

• Let's assume in the Reid murdering someone scenario that the team might not want to believe Reid is capable of murder but are forced to rectify that reality...until Reid finds the evidence that exonerates him.
  • What if Reid killed in self-defense or had to kill someone to save his mother? Only that he would not be able to prove it in a court of law.
8 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

All right. Two things:

• Let's assume in the Reid murdering someone scenario that the team might not want to believe Reid is capable of murder but are forced to rectify that reality...until Reid finds the evidence that exonerates him.
  • What if Reid killed in self-defense or had to kill someone to save his mother? Only that he would not be able to prove it in a court of law.

Even in these scenarios - with overwhelming evidence or self/other-defense that can't be proven - I can't buy that the team wouldn't believe him if he says he didn't do it, or would believe he killed someone out of malice or selfishness when he claims self-defense or defending someone else.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

I actually really like this. Hotch did say something once along the lines of "deep down I think we are all capable of unspeakable things." Also, two of the BAU's own members, Elle and Hotch, murdered people in cold blood. I don't think the BAU thinks it's members are infallible. Granted, I think it would absolutely destroy Reid if his team thought he did it.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Even in these scenarios - with overwhelming evidence or self/other-defense that can't be proven - I can't buy that the team wouldn't believe him if he says he didn't do it, or would believe he killed someone out of malice or selfishness when he claims self-defense or defending someone else.

This. I still wouldn't buy it given the new  scenarios, please no offence meant, Daniel.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

All right. Two things:

I think it could have been interesting if the three newbies had questions, and felt a need to call the others out on it.  Tara might have struggled with the idea of Reid killing someone without having to, but Luke barely knows him, and Stephen doesn't know him at all.  Those objective sets of eyes might have pointed out that there is no proof of the scopolamine, and no proof that he didn't take the other drugs on his own;  that Reid's prints were on the murder weapon; that he fled the scene in a stolen car;  that the team that 'knows him so well' had no idea he'd been going back and forth to Mexico for months.  I can't see any of the old members of the team not having faith in Reid, but I think it would be plausible for the newbies to wonder if he isn't actually the person their other colleagues seem to think he is.  Not that I think the show would ever go there, but it might have made for some interesting intra-team strife and intrigue.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

I actually really like this. Hotch did say something once along the lines of "deep down I think we are all capable of unspeakable things." Also, two of the BAU's own members, Elle and Hotch, murdered people in cold blood. I don't think the BAU thinks it's members are infallible. Granted, I think it would absolutely destroy Reid if his team thought he did it.

Hotch did not murder in cold blood. It was very, very hot blood, a passionate crime born of the fact that the Reaper killed his wife in an awful way and was going to kill his son as soon as he found him. That's justifiable homicide, in most books. The fact that Hotch beat his face back into his spinal cord, while not good, was understandable, maybe even justifiable in a court of law.

No, none of the BAU are infallible, not even Reid. Although, I do think, if he killed even the slayer of his mother (if that should happen on the show), he would be so devastated by what he had done, he couldn't probably recover. The only way I see Cat or Scratch making him kill someone is by threat that is overwhelming, and I don't think his suicide would be far behind, personally.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, normasm said:

Hotch did not murder in cold blood. It was very, very hot blood, a passionate crime born of the fact that the Reaper killed his wife in an awful way and was going to kill his son as soon as he found him. That's justifiable homicide, in most books. The fact that Hotch beat his face back into his spinal cord, while not good, was understandable, maybe even justifiable in a court of law.

No, none of the BAU are infallible, not even Reid. Although, I do think, if he killed even the slayer of his mother (if that should happen on the show), he would be so devastated by what he had done, he couldn't probably recover. The only way I see Cat or Scratch making him kill someone is by threat that is overwhelming, and I don't think his suicide would be far behind, personally.

Ah, your right about it not being "cold blood." I thought it just meant unlawful but I looked it up and you're right it means " in a cold and calculated manner," which Hotch's murder was definitely not! I still think it's technically murder though. After he knocked Foyet out Foyet posed no threat to him or his family. But I am not well-versed in law. I also think the murder was totally understandable. What is legal and what is understandable doesn't always match up. 

Eh, I don't know about the second point. As good as Reid is I don't think he would be driven to suicde my killing his mother's murderer. I do think he would be upset at his lack of self control however. 

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
3 hours ago, JMO said:

I think it could have been interesting if the three newbies had questions, and felt a need to call the others out on it.  Tara might have struggled with the idea of Reid killing someone without having to, but Luke barely knows him, and Stephen doesn't know him at all.  Those objective sets of eyes might have pointed out that there is no proof of the scopolamine, and no proof that he didn't take the other drugs on his own;  that Reid's prints were on the murder weapon; that he fled the scene in a stolen car;  that the team that 'knows him so well' had no idea he'd been going back and forth to Mexico for months.  I can't see any of the old members of the team not having faith in Reid, but I think it would be plausible for the newbies to wonder if he isn't actually the person their other colleagues seem to think he is.  Not that I think the show would ever go there, but it might have made for some interesting intra-team strife and intrigue.  

I love this, all of it. You could even throw in Emily trying to be a "middle ground" between these two factions and try to keep their disagreements cordial when all of them have a lot of anger boiling underneath. It could have been a real testament to her leadership skills.

3 minutes ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

He can't kill Jack when he's passed out cold. If Foyet woke up, there would have been a whole SWAT team waiting for him. Hotch absolved the threat when he knocked Foyet unconscious. Look, I think what Hotch did was totally justifiable and understandable. I think most people would have done what he did in his shoes. I think Foyet totally deserved it. However, he did cross a legal line. Especially considering he was on active duty. Strauss absolved him because of emotional appeal. I think the emotional appeal was the most important part of the scenario, and I'm honestly glad Hotch killed Foyet. I'm just saying that in strict legal terms, what Hotch did may have been considered murder. It would certainly be a tough court case. Now do I think Hotch is a murderer, with all the connotations attached? Absolutely not! 

More to this point, but we could have had the old guard wonder if Reid was going down the same path, with the newbies believing that Reid is. Perhaps some of the old guard might even get reflective themselves and wonder if they're close to going down that same dark edge that took out Jason Gideon and nearly took out Hotch.

3 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I love this, all of it. You could even throw in Emily trying to be a "middle ground" between these two factions and try to keep their disagreements cordial when all of them have a lot of anger boiling underneath. It could have been a real testament to her leadership skills.

More to this point, but we could have had the old guard wonder if Reid was going down the same path, with the newbies believing that Reid is. Perhaps some of the old guard might even get reflective themselves and wonder if they're close to going down that same dark edge that took out Jason Gideon and nearly took out Hotch.

Hmm, while that may be interesting for you snd all the power to you if this floats your boat, I'd still have to say, it would ruin the arc for me. Not to be rude,  I like that the newbies don't question Reid's innocence. To me, that would mean, they also question the team and the collective "smart" of the team. I mean, if they think Reid was capable of murder, and that the BAU members who knew him for at least a decade can't see that, then the newbies would be wondering how the older members were so fooled or didn't see it coming. There wouldn't be any trust in the team. Thus, there wouldn't be a team, at least a useful team.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

Hmm, while that may be interesting for you snd all the power to you if this floats your boat, I'd still have to say, it would ruin the arc for me. Not to be rude,  I like that the newbies don't question Reid's innocence. To me, that would mean, they also question the team and the collective "smart" of the team. I mean, if they think Reid was capable of murder, and that the BAU members who knew him for at least a decade can't see that, then the newbies would be wondering how the older members were so fooled or didn't see it coming. There wouldn't be any trust in the team. Thus, there wouldn't be a team, at least a useful team.

That would be more reasons to hate the newbies. 

14 minutes ago, autumnmountains said:

There wouldn't be any trust in the team. Thus, there wouldn't be a team, at least a useful team.

Call me crazy but I'd welcome that. This team has operated flawlessly and harmoniously for far too long, with the only real adversity it ever faced being in "It Takes A Village". I would think that a team that has had as much turnover as the BAU has had over the past six years (including the need to hire a new Section Chief and a new Unit Chief) as well as a villain that effected some of that turnover, impacted one team member and sidelined another would have quite a lot of adversity to contend with.

The potential is there for the team to be coming apart at the seams with Emily forced to do everything she can to keep it together but...nada.

Yeah, maybe it's just "drama for the sake of drama" but I think after 11 seasons, the show should at least explore things it hasn't. Like real intra-team adversity.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Call me crazy but I'd welcome that. This team has operated flawlessly and harmoniously for far too long, with the only real adversity it ever faced being in "It Takes A Village". I would think that a team that has had as much turnover as the BAU has had over the past six years (including the need to hire a new Section Chief and a new Unit Chief) as well as a villain that effected some of that turnover, impacted one team member and sidelined another would have quite a lot of adversity to contend with.

The potential is there for the team to be coming apart at the seams with Emily forced to do everything she can to keep it together but...nada.

Yeah, maybe it's just "drama for the sake of drama" but I think after 11 seasons, the show should at least explore things it hasn't. Like real intra-team adversity.

That's cool, that's your opinion, but I think we'll just have to disagree. :) After all, it would be super boring if everyone agreed on everything. My reasoning is that for the team to not function as a team, would mean, the eventuality of innocents paying for that lack of teamwork. This team, isn't like a lot of jobs where intra-team conflict causes headaches. Intra-team conflict in this team could mean disaster. For you, this opportunity (intra team drama) would be a welcomed change, for me, I wouldn't like it. Now, if they disagreed on procedure, and the like, that would be one thing (like I said above, always agreeing on everything is boring, after all! :) ), but to doubt someone's innocence, for me, would be totally different.*shrugs* 

No biggie and it's a moot point in any case as it didn't happen. :) 

Edited by autumnmountains
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

Ah, your right about it not being "cold blood." I thought it just meant unlawful but I looked it up and you're right it means " in a cold and calculated manner," which Hotch's murder was definitely not! I still think it's technically murder though. After he knocked Foyet out Foyet posed no threat to him or his family. But I am not well-versed in law. I also think the murder was totally understandable. What is legal and what is understandable doesn't always match up. 

Eh, I don't know about the second point. As good as Reid is I don't think he would be driven to suicde my killing his mother's murderer. I do think he would be upset at his lack of self control however. 

Another point to your point: Hotch did not knock Foyet out, he bloodied him and had the advantage, and he told Hotch, "I surrender," but he was conscious, and had just finished saying to Hotch how, after he killed him, he was gonna find that little bastard and show him his dead parents, and....

Hotch made a decision, not an angelic one, but an understandable one, and beat Foyet into the next world.

It also occurred to me that, in Nelson's Sparrow, although they don't show anything incriminating, Rossi may have murdered the unsub in revenge, which would be cold-blooded.

Edited by normasm
  • Love 3
(edited)

I love the way some shows - and the promo departments - do nothing to hide things about the next episode and/or a 'big' reveal that's imminent.

Somebody (I'm thinking Prentiss) said in Green Light, [paraphrasing] "... this has nothing to do with Scratch, it never has."

Yet here's the synopsis for the upcoming S12 finale, Red Light;

Caught in an impossible scenario, Reid must square off with an old nemesis, and Derek Morgan (guest star Shemar Moore) comes to the team with a lead that might help catch Mr. Scratch, the elusive fugitive that has been tormenting the team all season.

Oi vey.  *facepalms and rolls eyes as hard as possible*

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I love the way some shows - and the promo departments - do nothing to hide things about the next episode and/or a 'big' reveal that's imminent.

Somebody (I'm thinking Prentiss) said in Green Light, [paraphrasing] "... this has nothing to do with Scratch, it never has."

Yet here's the synopsis for the upcoming S12 finale, Red Light;

Oi vey.  *facepalms and rolls eyes as hard as possible*

I wonder if they mean catch Scratch because he is an escaped fugitive and has been causing the team trouble this season. Scratch may still have nothing to do Reid's arc. Even though if that's the case they are trying to fit a lot in during a 42 minute span.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

I wonder if they mean catch Scratch because he is an escaped fugitive and has been causing the team trouble this season. Scratch may still have nothing to do Reid's arc. Even though if that's the case they are trying to fit a lot in during a 42 minute span.

IF they make the two things totally separate, I will be most unhappy.  Not only does it (I believe) trivialize and taint this arc Reid's been on, but it also paints a disturbing picture that Scratch is the larger focus rather than Reid & his mom - despite the last 12 episodes of the season leading up to this that said otherwise completely.

I should do [another!] rewatch of Green Light, but didn't Cat say something along the lines of "... you were expecting Scratch, right?"?  That along with the drugs involved, I just can't see a way that Scratch isn't involved with Reid's arc, too.  Not to mention, was there any indication in her one episode last year that Cat knew anything about Scratch?? 

IMO, there's just too many variables to not have this all be one big mess created and orchestrated by Mr Scratch.  Too many not-well-disguised hints to be anything else.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

most out of left field thought ever...

what if Cat is under Scratch's influence all this time too? (I know, she's been in prison for ages, logistically it'd be reaching but)

just a thought.

in which case, she could be 'rescued' too. And my fondest wish that due to the excellent onscreen chemistry between MGG and Aubrey Plaza, something could come of that. I know, I'm nuts....